Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peng View Post
    Lore of almost all RPGs demand a Paladin to be Human of righteous/good attitude. Allowing those dirty, drinking, ranting dwarves to become Paladins did already bend those rules. And now, allowing a cow to become a Paladin seems really weird, though I give in that it´s wrong to measure someone by his fur. ^^ Tauren´s attitude towards nature and life might indeed make them the best suited Horde race to become Paladins. So we should better talk about those "I won´t, but my sister will..." Belf b!tches, right? ^^
    I think it already went too far in those terms when them spacegoats were allowed to roll Paladins.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

I don't hate horde, I just want to kill all of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinco View Post
    Hey guys and girls

I made this topic because I had this kind of experience last night in HoR, the story goes:

We got a OK group in HoR, there was a Orc Shaman, Belf Rogue, Tauren Druid, Undead Priest and me, Tauren Paladin. After the first waves the Belf Rogue said that "Omg lol that Tauren looks so stupid as Palla". I didn't mind this at all just kept tanking and it went ok. Then the orc answered the Rogue and said: "Yes that's true you look udderly stupid, it doesn't even match the lore". The priest said that he thinks they look cool and he'll be changing his / hers paladin to Tauren.

After the first boss the Belf said: "You are a noob when you change tauren, all tauren pally's are noobs". At this point I sarcastically answered: "Say's a belf". After my comment the belf said from word to word: "What the f**k has me being belf got to do with anything? Belf is the most played race in WoW you dumb f**k". I didn't mind answering this question and soon the Belf started tricking the Healer but nobody died. He / She didn't say anything though through the rest of the instance

--The End--

So, the question is: Why do some people get so crossed about some people playing some races which they don't like. Does it reflect to their IRL- feelings about other races?

What do you think !
    While I agree with you that its stupid to judge people by race, you did the same with "Says the blood elf"

Deleted
    you might find it's similar hate that happened with the buyable mount, he on some odd psychological level feels hard done by that you cold afford/spent money to race change your pala.

but yeah the lore is there to back it up so i'm just glad you managed to ignore his rubbish. Also the fact he ToTT'd the healer shows his/her maturity level.

though oddly enough I've had a bit of race hate from playing a human cause their face's are odd and stuck, but i'm race changing to a worgen (cause i don't really like being human but for a lock, didn't like being a dwarf or gnome either) once I can and halfly expecting some abuse for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mainly play orcs/trolls/taurens and I can't stand night elves/blood elves or gnomes....worse races ever.

A blood elf rogue was bitching at you about your race and class? Lol

They are mad because they can't pay for faction/race change.
    Or they are upset about irl shit and want to be others down.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, as a tank you have more beneficial racials as a Tauren as opposed to a blood elf. You have War Stomp and you have your stam buff.
    I really wouldn't put any weight to what anyone else has to say about your race/class combo. Just like IRL, people will say stupid things because they're ignorant. As long as it's how YOU want to play, that's what matters.

Worse comes to worst, you could report people for harassment if it gets too bad, but I highly doubt it would ever go that far.

I get the same kinda crap from RL and in game friends because most of my toons are human. I have no particular reasons really. the racial is nice, and I like the was the armor sets look on a human. Still have 3 slots reserved for some Worgen though.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't get any hate-comments or anything for most of my characters being Blood Elves, but I generally do feel like the 'truer' Horde races don't appreciate Blood Elves too much.

I decided to roll a Blood Elf the second I saw them in Warcraft III, before they were even announced as playable. Why? Because WCIII Blood Elves were THE SHIT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro9n2YS1Yi4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_yRh...0139DC&index=1

^^^ Why can't the male voiceover be a little more like that... ;[ ^^^

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not my fault everyone plays less superior race than mine.

No but really, Racism in WoW is bad.

I play Gnomes because nothing pisses the horde off more then being whooped by a gnome. ;D DEATH FROM BELOW
    That being said though, I'm pretty much good with all races, except male blood elves, though I never start anything with them, being alliance.

Deleted
    I held no grudges against any race / sex / class combo UNTIL wotlk struck with the proverbial 12 yo male belf DK with a stupid name in a stupidly named guild, doing everything wrong, abysmal dps and at the same time completely ignorant to any sort of advice.

Nowadays I'm having a hard time picturing anyone else behind a male belf toon, ergo... Yea.

Deleted
    I hate elves of all sorts, kinds and whatever has to do with them. Yet a good RL friends considers only Night or Blood elf as his possible playable mains because he likes elves. It's all a matter of taste or opinion.
    I also dislike gnomes, doesn't mean the players are bad or anything.
    People are stupid, not pixels.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    People are stupid, not pixels.
    ^^^^this

You answered your own question: he's a belf. You win.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunka View Post
    The Orc should know by now it does fit with lore :-)
    And belfs r stupid... We should put them in camps :-P
    I hope the first statement was a joke. Taurens being paladins is one of the biggest lore mistakes blizzard has ever made. They essentially perverse the sun into being holy light, which is in itself one of the biggest pervisions of lore i've seen to date. It's somehow worse then the fact that worgens can be druids but humans can't. Had blizzard just been like hey, we're in a magical world everyone can be anything (which is in reality what it should be like except for maybe undead druids, and even then it's somewhat possible), then it would be fine. But blizzards attempt to justify tauren paladins is hilariously bad.

People have bigger balls when they are sitting behind a computer screen mouthing off to some other player who is hundreds of miles away. That is all.

It doesnt reflect anything other than that they're stupid and doesn't know when to stfu.
    Dont bother looking too deep into the minds of the majority of people you meet in pugs, as their minds usually arent that deep to begin with.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines) :-(