Question BC Blacksmithing vs. Cata

In BC, blacksmithing was buffed in that you could make some GREAT items (eg: Bloodmoon for axesmiths) that were better than a lot of raid gear. I noticed that in
    WotLK, blacksmithing was put in the backseat again. Is Cata going to be bringing back 'power' blacksmithing?

(I looked at the blacksmithing thread but couldn't see anything that interested me. Posted this in case anyone knew if Blizzard was going to implement 'power' items eventually - blue post possibly)

We only have the first tier of crafting epics so dont worry for now. Look at wrath, each new tier gave more good epics. Also with a complete gear reset you can make a killing crafting everything new at 85 if you can quickly get BS up there. 6 lvl 359 items I think, you could charge a fair amount and people will need them.

Bloodmoon wasn't really available on release though, because it look Nether Vortexes from SSC.

Do you remember how many Warriors, Ret Pallies and Death Knights used Titansteel Destroyer upon reaching 80 from Patch 3.0 - 3.2? Pretty much all of them, so I don't see how BSing was put on the "backseat"...

Look at how many people recently went after four ICC craftables as soon as they were readily available for a recent example...you weren't a serious tank if you didn't have Pillars of Might...

A lot of things need the new frozen orb, think its called "chaos orb?". If you have a strong 5 man and can farm a lot you will make an absolute FORTUNE if you have a miner too.

Quote Originally Posted by Elie View Post
    Bloodmoon wasn't really available on release though, because it look Nether Vortexes from SSC.

Do you remember how many Warriors, Ret Pallies and Death Knights used Titansteel Destroyer upon reaching 80 from Patch 3.0 - 3.2? Pretty much all of them, so I don't see how BSing was put on the "backseat"...

Look at how many people recently went after four ICC craftables as soon as they were readily available for a recent example...you weren't a serious tank if you didn't have Pillars of Might...
    Hmmm maybe it's just rosy retrospection that's making me think of BC as the time when professions like BS/Tailoring really shined

to soon to tell but i hope they make something. not a bs myself but i liked the fact they had nice looking weapons in tbc

10+ Year Old Account
    No, they added no new perks. We have:
    Belt buckler for 85.
    Belt buckler for 80.
    Gloves and bracer enchant for extra socket.
    Blacksmithing keys.
    Shield spikes.
    BC temporary armor enchant that absorbs 200/400 damage every 90 seconds.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    We don't need new perks, the fact that gems scale make our bracer/glove socket scale.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't need new perks, the fact that gems scale make our bracer/glove socket scale.
    Perks are completely different than stats bonuses.

Example of perks: Engineering pet, tailoring nets, jewelcrafting golems, leatherworking volleyballs, etc.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    BC temporary armor enchant that absorbs 200/400 damage every 90 seconds.
    What's that item?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    Perks are completely different than stats bonuses.

Example of perks: Engineering pet, tailoring nets, jewelcrafting golems, leatherworking volleyballs, etc.
    Yea would be awesome... I switched out of Eng to BS in BC because of the cool weapons. For such an expensive profession, I feel that there should be some interesting perks to go along with the pricetag.