Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't bother to read the whole post, and if this has been mentioned before I'm sorry for the double..

I was just questing in Darkshore as a ally druid, and it seems Azshara plays a little role there setting up a distraction for Stormrage.. So she actually is a little active in Cata (or pre-Cata) but how much more we'll see of her remains to be.. seen >.<

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert West View Post

IIRC, the well wasn't exactly destroyed - it was blasted into the world's core. Also, Sunwell is still around, as are the remains of the Well at the foot of Nordrassil (yeah, it's unpowered, but it's unpowered well of eternity).

EDIT: The Nether isn't evil, but it's quite densely populated with demons - think Warp of Warhammer 40k - it's a tool for the mortals and a home for the demons.
    i have no idea about that, I've never heard anything about it. I only know Illidan took(Before I heard about this) 3-4 vials which contained the last of the Well of Eternity. Of those 1 he used to make the new well, which was under the World Tree. If it remains there, idk.

And I was saying they aren't pulling magic from there anymore, and you agreed there o.O

As for the Nether, I was saying it's not super evil due to how you were saying it(With saying Arcane is corrupt when using it.)

Worth noting, there is really only Nature, Holy, Arcane magics. Fire, ice, fel all fall under Arcane :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    i have no idea about that, I've never heard anything about it. I only know Illidan took(Before I heard about this) 3-4 vials which contained the last of the Well of Eternity. Of those 1 he used to make the new well, which was under the World Tree. If it remains there, idk.

And I was saying they aren't pulling magic from there anymore, and you agreed there o.O

As for the Nether, I was saying it's not super evil due to how you were saying it(With saying Arcane is corrupt when using it.)

Worth noting, there is really only Nature, Holy, Arcane magics. Fire, ice, fel all fall under Arcane :P
    Oh well, doesn't matter. Point is, Azshara still beats any sorcerer on Azeroth hands down (except perhaps for that abomination, med'an, although I hope Blizz will forget about that wretched piece of crap) and only Titans are more powerful than her.

Well, Fel is Arcane so corrupt, that it may be seen as a separate force of magic. And fire and frost do not fall anywhere - they are merely controlled, and they can be controlled by any of the power sources (from matchsticks to Divine).

Ah, and we forgot one more source of power - the Void, used by some demons and most servants of Old Gods (and the Old Gods themselves).

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh well, doesn't matter. Point is, Azshara still beats any sorcerer on Azeroth hands down (except perhaps for that abomination, med'an, although I hope Blizz will forget about that wretched piece of crap) and only Titans are more powerful than her.

Well, Fel is Arcane so corrupt, that it may be seen as a separate force of magic. And fire and frost do not fall anywhere - they are merely controlled, and they can be controlled by any of the power sources (from matchsticks to Divine).

Ah, and we forgot one more source of power - the Void, used by some demons and most servants of Old Gods (and the Old Gods themselves).
    Fire and Frost are actually Arcane. They really are :P http://www.wowwiki.com/Arcane

And I've never heard of the Void other than using it to mean the Twisting Nether(Or Hell, whichever)

But yeah. Azshara > Anything on Azeroth.

Deleted
    As I understand, Arcane simply manipulates energy. Fire is air ionized with energy, Frost is air/matter deprived of energy. After all, Shamans control frost and fire too (elemental powers)

Void is what voidwalkers(/wraiths/gods/etc.) are made of. Also, Faceless ones appear to have a number of void-related spells (Void Shield on those in Ulduar, etc.). Otherwise, what source does Old God power comes from? it's clearly not Arcane (nor is it Divine).
    Also, Void energies are what dying Naaru dissolve into - that's clearly not arcane.

15+ Year Old Account
    As I understand, Arcane simply manipulates energy. Fire is air ionized with energy, Frost is air/matter deprived of energy. After all, Shamans control frost and fire too (elemental powers)

Void is what voidwalkers(/wraiths/gods/etc.) are made of. Also, Faceless ones appear to have a number of void-related spells (Void Shield on those in Ulduar, etc.). Otherwise, what source does Old God power comes from? it's clearly not Arcane (nor is it Divine).
    Also, Void energies are what dying Naaru dissolve into - that's clearly not arcane.
    The Fire and Frost used by Shamans is given straight from the Elements, which are in themselves Arcane :P

Voidwalkers are to Shadow as Fire Elementals are to Fire.

It IS arcane, keep in mind Arcane isn't just what the game says it is :P.

As for Naaru, remember Naaru are pure light. When they 'die', they turn to the complete opposite, darkness. Which is another word for Shadow. http://www.wowwiki.com/Shadow_%28magic_school%29

Shadow is 'basically' fel. But regardless both are Arcane.

Arcane is a general word for all magic. Even Divine can be considered Arcane.

Edit: We went way off topic, and I'm tired, so I'm going to bed.
    Last edited by seam; 2010-11-26 at 11:34 AM.

Malygos was no match to Azshara - Azshara's power was matched to that of Archimonde (most powerful Eredar sorcerer) and even compared to that of Sargeras (a damn titan) - and that was 10k years ago. There's no telling how much more powerful she is now, with the blessings of old gods, living on the site of the former Well of Eternity and being worshipped by all Naga. Doubt she'll appear in Cata (as boss).
    Sorry to spoil your fun (honest!) but Azshara's powers, although not as speculative, aren't as high as you're making them to be. :P For all we know, it's been told in the WotAT she's more powerful than she appears, perhaps matching Archimonde's own, but there were no references to Sargeras. Perhaps her powers are ever greater now, after 10.000 years of the Old God's influence, but I still doubt she could ever be comparable to Sargeras, just as probably the Old Gods aren't (hence having to play the "cunning & corrupting" card on Azeroth inhabitants, let alone Sargeras). Old Gods have seen the opportunity to use her as a tool when Highborne attempted to summon the Burning Legion and Sargeras, but she wasn't influenced by one of them at that time.
    I would really like to see her as a boss in this or future expansions, but I'd certainly not like to see her as a main antagonist of one.

I'm a bit sad people are underestimating Malygos though, for the fact that he's been among the first tier bosses in WotLK, but the truth is he is easily turning arcane magic against enemies who would use it - one purpose alone for creating the Aspect of the Blue/Guardian of Magic. Guess what - Azshara is all about the arcane!
    Last edited by Nered; 2010-11-27 at 12:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vogathar View Post
    C'thun is dead as is Algalon...
    I think we will have a brother or sister to kill...

Old gods are getting extinct... good
    Hah! That's what the night elves said 10,000 years ago about C'Thun! Or the titans, or whoever it was. Haven't you learned that old gods don't stay dead forever?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascherzon
    He doesn't read topics before he posts - he just takes a dump, smears it all over his face, rolls his face across the keyboard and presses post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vogathar View Post
    C'thun is dead as is Algalon...
    I think we will have a brother or sister to kill...

Old gods are getting extinct... good
    Sorry to break it to you, but Algalon is not dead, he merely got a kick in his face by reality, and decided to withdraw back to the Titans, and spare this planet ... ^^

Malygos was no match to Azshara - Azshara's power was matched to tha of Archimonde (most powerful Eredar sorcerer) and even compared to that of Sargeras (a damn titan) - and that was 10k years ago. There's no telling how much more powerful she is now, with the blessings of old gods, living on the site of the former Well of Eternity and being worshipped by all Naga. Doubt she'll appear in Cata (as boss).

C'Thun is unlikely - devs said Cata will be focused on an Old God N'Zoth - two Old Gods in a single expansion is a bit too much... for characters' sanity =)
    You base this on.....? Source? Proof? Gut feeling? Preference?

From reading War of the Ancients Trilogy, Archimonde and Mannoroth was immune to Azahara's spells "that she did use in the book". They did not fear her and I did not get any impression from reading the book she had power to rival Archimonde and Mannoroth. But comparing her power to Sargaras... That is just plain silly imo.

But it will be interesting to see how powerful she has become now with the Old Gods in play when Blizzard first do release her into WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    You meet azshara in Darkshore :P
    Allow me to illustrate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Wowpedia: Azshara is often thought to be the greatest mortal mage ever to live - although she may no longer be mortal.

Ofc Malygos is also very strong since he's the aspect of magic, but Azshara was corrupted by the burning legion (I think), which increases her power.

And Malygos didn't go insane in my opinion, he went sane again and noticed the large amount of people abusing magic so he decided to cleanse the world from those who abuses magic, which in his eyes were everyone.
    Insane? Nah.
    Not rational? Yeah.
    Actually she were corrupted by the old gods.
    Deathwing was corrupted by old gods aswell.
    Coincidence?

LOLOL... Azhara is a FOOTNOTE in the lore of wow... medihv kept Sargeras in check for YEARS, and his mother killed sargeras's "body". Malygos is the aspect of magic, and has lived much longer than azhara. When deathwing wounded him during the sundering, he had more time to recover than azhara when she was barely kept alive by the old gods.

As for krasus, he may be a red dragon, but he is also considered to be one of the kraftiest most resourceful mages in history. A mage is not measured so simply, as everyone here seems to believe, that his power level can be measured with a scouter (I.E. "OVER 9000!!!!") but instead you must take into account many factors. For example, in night of the dragon, krasus was held inside a chrysalun chamber (wowwikidotcom/Chrysalun_Chamber) and managed to escape in an hour or two. He has also survived COUNTLESS events, including bouts with deathwing who I daresay is more powerful than azhara, having been corrupted by old gods FAR LONGER than she. So yah, Azharas pretentious snotty nature would get the better of her facing krasus, who has too many tricks up his sleeve to be bested by some scaley lizard monarch.

Enraged by both his own failure and the questions asked by the Queen, he wanted to rip her head off, but quickly saw the error of his ways when he realized that Azshara kept inside her a power to which only Sargeras, Kil'jaeden and Archimonde would prove superior. (<--- Prove Superior... not Equal)

Realizing that Sargeras would not be coming, she decided not to tell her handmaidens and most loyal followers. When the black waters of the Well of Eternity poured into the palace, she created a magical shield that would protect her and the remaining Highborne from drowning. It was at that time that a voice in her head whispered of an escape: "There is a way...there is a way...you will become more than you ever were...more than you ever were...we can help...we can help...You will be more than you have ever been...and when the time comes, for what we grant you...you will serve us well..." Her spell collapsed but as the Well filled her lungs she did not drown. She instead expanded with hate and rage, becoming a massive monstrosity, reflecting the wickedness and malice that had always hidden within her core. (<--- She is More powerful now, there fore there is a chance that she IS more powerful than Archimonde, etc... the chances of being more powerful than the end of all of WoW (Sargeras) is unlikely... however with the way people like to inflate power levels akin to Dragon Ball Z, she could easily be 10x stronger than she was prior)
    Last edited by SadisticChipmunk; 2010-11-26 at 02:43 PM.
    Fanboy (Fanboi): A Term used when someone disagrees with you on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate your counterpoint back so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming you into silence and thus them winning through dominance.

OP is troll.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Malygos was no match to Azshara - Azshara's power was matched to tha of Archimonde (most powerful Eredar sorcerer) and even compared to that of Sargeras (a damn titan) - and that was 10k years ago. There's no telling how much more powerful she is now, with the blessings of old gods, living on the site of the former Well of Eternity and being worshipped by all Naga. Doubt she'll appear in Cata (as boss).

C'Thun is unlikely - devs said Cata will be focused on an Old God N'Zoth - two Old Gods in a single expansion is a bit too much... for characters' sanity =)
    Yup i just unleashed the worlds biggest facepalm..
    Azshara isnt anything compared to Sargeras. Thats like comparing dinosaurs with ants.

---------- Post added 2010-11-26 at 04:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wahya View Post
    LOLOL... Azhara is a FOOTNOTE in the lore of wow... medihv kept Sargeras in check for YEARS, and his mother killed sargeras's "body". Malygos is the aspect of magic, and has lived much longer than azhara. When deathwing wounded him during the sundering, he had more time to recover than azhara when she was barely kept alive by the old gods.

As for krasus, he may be a red dragon, but he is also considered to be one of the kraftiest most resourceful mages in history. A mage is not measured so simply, as everyone here seems to believe, that his power level can be measured with a scouter (I.E. "OVER 9000!!!!") but instead you must take into account many factors. For example, in night of the dragon, krasus was held inside a chrysalun chamber (wowwikidotcom/Chrysalun_Chamber) and managed to escape in an hour or two. He has also survived COUNTLESS events, including bouts with deathwing who I daresay is more powerful than azhara, having been corrupted by old gods FAR LONGER than she. So yah, Azharas pretentious snotty nature would get the better of her facing krasus, who has too many tricks up his sleeve to be bested by some scaley lizard monarch.
    Killed an avatar of Sargeras which was a fraction of his power and in the plan to be destroyed and enter Medivh.
    Sargeras could have killed Aegwyn before she could say "oh shit"
    More than that he could have destroyed the planet. Amount of people with incorrect lore is unbelievable.
    Last edited by TJ; 2010-11-26 at 07:44 PM.

Off topic, but am I the only one that thinks of Starcraft 2's Queen of Blades whenever someone talks about Queen Aszhara
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story