Deleted

Question Mage PvE specc help

Ok so I started playing again now after 7 months of pause and alot has changed. Basically I've gone from a hardcore raiding guild to some friends social raiding guild. Therefor I need some help with a specc that I can use in our raids. A explanation to the rotation would be really cool too.

So basically, what PvE specc is doing the most DPS output atm? (I got 4 T10, 2 sanctified, non-heroic, and a gearscore at around 5800 IIRC)
    Also, what rotation and glyphs?
    And last, what is the hit cap with this specc? How much % do I need to cap?

Thank you very much for all help //Old wow-player.

17% for all mage specs is the hit cap as for best spec at the moment its arcane by far but just play what is fun for you there is only 1 week and a bit befor all ur stats go to crap i am going frost for leveling and raiding in cata if that helps you out at all

ps. arcane roation is spam as much arcane blast as u can afford

Quote Originally Posted by AraKkis View Post
    17% for all mage specs is the hit cap as for best spec at the moment its arcane by far but just play what is fun for you there is only 1 week and a bit befor all ur stats go to crap i am going frost for leveling and raiding in cata if that helps you out at all

ps. arcane roation is spam as much arcane blast as u can afford
    arcane is a joke. At 85 youll burn mana sp fast it's ridiculous. Frost on the other hand starts well and scales very well with gear, 33% crit is virtually 100% since crit is multiplied by 3 against frozen targets.

Deleted
    basicly... if you looked at your current hit rating in game you would have seen what your miss chance is.
    17% it is... but look before you ask questions that are totally easy to find out.

If your current gear is specced on haste I would go arcane
    if you have 50% + crit go fire.

Fire is a lot more fun to play, but arcane is easier... and having 100k+ AB crits on blood queen is just ubah

When cataclysm hits fire is probably the way to go, but in a raid without a ret pally you give your raid 3% more damage and the 3% crit buff on someone else.
    In my opinion good PVE mages play both specs and switch on what is most beneficial for the fight...

Fire is more dot based these days (and procs)
    while arcane is stand-still-nukage. so for Saurfang arcane is nice, but on sindrigosa I like fire more because it ticks on (and AM count as 1 spell per charge on the debuff )

Quote Originally Posted by Vogathar View Post

when cataclysm hits fire is probably the way to go, but in a raid without a ret pally you give your raid 3% more damage and the 3% crit buff on someone else.
    In my opinion good PVE mages play both specs and switch on what is most beneficial for the fight...

Fire is more dot based these days (and procs)
    while arcane is stand-still-nukage. so for Saurfang arcane is nice, but on sindrigosa I like fire more because it ticks on (and AM count as 1 spell per charge on the debuff )
    in cata fire is one of the worst specs at first level tier raiding being very high on mana consumption with comparing them too frost and arcane
    but i doo agree a good mage can play all specs and you should be able to decided what spec suits what fight and your playstyle