Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    In PVE gear with 3749 spellpower and no stacks of conviction my Holy Shock is hitting normally for 4100. Yes, I am rather miffed that it is now just a holy power generator.

Oh well...Hopefully Blizzard aren't finished tweaking.

Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia View Post
    Supposedly we should be seeing a 1200-1300 healing decrease (1800-2000 for crits) but its much higher than that. I think it's likely that they accidentally reduced total healing by 33%.
    Who says, that this was accidently?
    What you are quoting is not a blue post that's a post from mmo-champion => the information may not be correct.

Deleted
    but it could be true that the total healing has been reduced... i mean it used to heal (for me) around 8k-9k non crit if i can remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzeh View Post
    but it could be true that the total healing has been reduced... i mean it used to heal (for me) around 8k-9k non crit if i can remember correctly.
    It most likely IS true, that the total amount was reduced by 33% and the "blue post" (boubou-blue-post) was only stating half of that.

Quote Originally Posted by dwbrown7680 View Post
    I'm confused, should the instant almost free spell bomb for like 20-25k or something? I'm lost here.
    A little all or nothing aren't we? Don't get me wrong, I think the nerf was fine. It was like 25% of my healing which seems like a lot.

Balanced around the light of dawn changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadwixx View Post
    Balanced around the light of dawn changes.
    If thats the case, change it all back. I don't like the new LoD much, and I loved the old holy shock, lol.

Its balance around PvP since paladins could sit there and never cast--not around the new LoD, since LoD is a subpar single target heal, so they wouldn't nerf a single target heal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brashara View Post
    If thats the case, change it all back. I don't like the new LoD much, and I loved the old holy shock, lol.

Its balance around PvP since paladins could sit there and never cast--not around the new LoD, since LoD is a subpar single target heal, so they wouldn't nerf a single target heal.
    PLEASE NO! The new light of dawn is far more effective than its predecessor. I'd much rather have a gimped Holy shock than have to wait 20 seconds for Light of dawn to come off cool down and then only have it hit people like a wet rag.

With regards to PVP. I really do think the changes to Blessed life and Protector of the Innocent were more than enough. I do dislike them feeling the need to change holy shock as well.

Holy Shock healing was nerfed because it was too good , in lvl 85 PvP all Holy Paladin had to do was Holy Shock + Word of Glory (few Flash of Lights when focused by more than 2 people)

Holy Shock is meant to be Holy Power generator that gives medium heal not super heal that allows u to neglect other heals in your spellbook
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

I guess we just disagree. I really like the old LoD design and the new one annoys me because its better to heal with LoD than WoG even on a single target because of beacon transfer. This makes it basically the same wet rag it was before, but on a 3 holy shock cooldown rather than a 20 second one.

It was a PvP nerf because between holy shock, blessed life, and Word of glory nobody had to cast a holydin, and they want PvP to be about casting and interrupting more than spamming instants.
    frost mage

In PvP, the synergy between Holy Shock + Word of Glory + Blessed Life + Protector of the Innocent was too much. It's the reason that well geared Holy Paladins were unkillable.

Of course, they nerfed all four across the board to an unreasonable extent, and now I'm sad.

Deleted
    I guess we just disagree. I really like the old LoD design and the new one annoys me because its better to heal with LoD than WoG even on a single target because of beacon transfer. This makes it basically the same wet rag it was before, but on a 3 holy shock cooldown rather than a 20 second one.
    I can get waaaaaay more mileage out of the new LOD than the old one. Your forgetting you can use TOR to get quick Holy power. And even at 2 or even only 1 Holy power, LOD is still pretty good. Then theres the fact that it has no cooldown AND costs no mana!

But I do agree with you that the new Light of Dawn has pretty much relegated WOG use. They could probably fix that by buffing WOG slightly. Meh. All I know is I'm loving the new Light of dawn. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    All I know is I'm loving the new Light of dawn. =)
    /agree
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

3.7k Unbuffed spellpower..
    PvE Gear

5.1k HS and 7.5k crits.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuckless View Post
    3.7k Unbuffed spellpower..
    PvE Gear

5.1k HS and 7.5k crits.
    About the same, sad.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

It was a PvP nerf because between holy shock, blessed life, and Word of glory nobody had to cast a holydin, and they want PvP to be about casting and interrupting more than spamming instants.
    Which is why they nerfed Ice Lance and made it so frost mages had to actually cast their...

Oh wait, there goes that theory

Quote Originally Posted by Ciah View Post
    Which is why they nerfed Ice Lance and made it so frost mages had to actually cast their...

Oh wait, there goes that theory
    You spam icelance at 85 and people will just laugh at your pitiful damage. Ice Lance does *CRAP* damage without FoF or a frozen target. People have 100-150k health pools, and it hits for about 2k without fof. With fof it hits for about 8-9k on full resil targets.

Holy pallys and Restos were just too powerful, they're bringing them in line with the other healers rather then taking the other healers up to their levels. Balancing still isn't finished, just wait it out- but don't expect it to get much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Marsc92 View Post
    Okay I got 6k GS since last I checked. Or about that. In PVE plate gear with int. I heard we had holy shocks base healing nerfed a tad but 5k??? It's useless in raids. I only use it for holy power, by word and our aoe are pretty terribad anyway. I've been doing better sticking purely to holy light, divine light and flash of light. Better healing output and less time spent using moves for the sake of it. But am I doing something wrong? I can't see anything. Figured id ask anyway
    - Divine light is worthless at this point as it's too slow
    - Haste buff from holy shock + holy power generation means using it everytime it's off cooldown
    - Light of dawn rocks

Quote Originally Posted by Poodles View Post
    - Divine light is worthless at this point as it's too slow
    - Haste buff from holy shock + holy power generation means using it everytime it's off cooldown
    - Light of dawn rocks
    I guess this.