Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ppr View Post
    And the raid-progression is one of them, and i believe it failed. They partially did to...
    Ehm... I think all we can say was that Nax 2.0 was too easy (and lasted too long because Ulduar took quite a while) and that ToC was a failed concept. I see people bitching on these 2 things SO much and declare WotLK raiding a fail... I really don't see how :\

An other thing people bitch about is the hardmode mechanic. I personally like it as it does what it is supposed to do: Give "casuals" a chance to see all the bosses and give "hardcore raiders" the challenging fights and rewards accordingly.
    Personally I would've liked to see a bit smaller jump from one patch of content (hardmode) to the next patch (normal mode). For example, if ToGC gave 258 gear, then maybe ICC normal should drop 261 gear or something. This doesn't make every item a raider has obtained obsolete at the start of the patch and some items can even be better than a 261 version because of how it can be gemmed or through socket bonuses. (Right now the only thing from ToGC still worth using are the trinkets).
    This gives the casuals the tools they need to do the normal modes, and rewards the hardcore raiders for doing the last tier of progression, so they progress through the normal modes faster, so they can get hacking at those hard modes again!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remortal View Post
    You didn't actually clarify that at any point you tried anything that was endgame or hardmode content. Yet you claim it's impossible to fail. Getting gear, leveling proffesions and getting 5k gold aren't things you are supposed to be able to fail at. You say you haven't set foot in ICC so how should you know what the raid content is like?

But well done for getting outdated gear with relative ease.
    THIS! Spoken so elegantly I'm making it my signature. You deserve a cookie. A really big one. With your name on it. In frosting. (brb, gonna head down to the bakery to go and pick it up.)
    Cheers.

ICC is one of the raids. And in normal mode, it is impossible to fail, so you mean the HC mode.
    It's no the harderst of encounters, still, it is not easy. But that is ONE raid.

ICC does not set an expample for the whole expansion. Did ICC breed smarter players when it arrived? No, because it is to easy for people with minimal effort to gain good gear and achievements. You can get T9, which is supposed to be the second best tier in the game, just by standing in dalaran, leeching "heroics". Heroics that demands you to stand there...

Is it to much to ask to actually do something for your gear?

---------- Post added 2010-11-26 at 11:28 AM ----------

Are you kidding me? I played from the start to.
    I wont even answer on that list of abilities that are meant to be challenging.

Listen.

In Cataclysm, we are not "forced" to run instances that are way below our level of gear to gain the highest currency. Raiders can do raids to gain it, and non-raiders can do Heroics.

And did you know that WOTLK made the highest item-level jump EVER ingame when new content arrived? As i said, huge experiment by blizzard.
    This made us overgear instances like FFFUCK.

And this made the "heroics" patheticly easy. I played since the start, i know the heroics were somehow challenging the first few months ingame.
    Work for your heroic gear then. Leave people who are just coming in the game with a easy way to catch up to every one else. Just by complaining that outdated gear is easy to get means your a complete idiot and missing the point of that feature.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

Deleted
    ICC is one of the raids. And in normal mode, it is impossible to fail, so you mean the HC mode.
    It's no the harderst of encounters, still, it is not easy. But that is ONE raid.

ICC does not set an expample for the whole expansion. Did ICC breed smarter players when it arrived? No, because it is to easy for people with minimal effort to gain good gear and achievements. You can get T9, which is supposed to be the second best tier in the game, just by standing in dalaran, leeching "heroics". Heroics that demands you to stand there...

Is it to much to ask to actually do something for your gear?

---------- Post added 2010-11-26 at 11:28 AM ----------

Are you kidding me? I played from the start to.
    I wont even answer on that list of abilities that are meant to be challenging.

Listen.

In Cataclysm, we are not "forced" to run instances that are way below our level of gear to gain the highest currency. Raiders can do raids to gain it, and non-raiders can do Heroics.

And did you know that WOTLK made the highest item-level jump EVER ingame when new content arrived? As i said, huge experiment by blizzard.
    This made us overgear instances like FFFUCK.

And this made the "heroics" patheticly easy. I played since the start, i know the heroics were somehow challenging the first few months ingame.
    You have a very short term memory. 90% of the people when icc had only one wing out did not clear it 100% of the time. take away the 30% buff and you will see loads of people suddenly wiping. also take away those increased cata healthpools so mages have 30k life fully buffed in 277 gear. it was very possible to fail in icc10man before the buff on many encounters.
    as t9 gear is "the requirement" to successfully clear icc10man (the first few bosses) its good that they let people catch up otherwise its "oh so hard" and they need the nerfed boss /buffed player. heroics werent faceroll all the time and that is still why many ragequit oculus before you begin to do the instance. just like in TBC instances got easier with higher gear.

you played what from the start too? wotlk? so you never died in any heroic because you were undergeared? interesting. you must be one of those overly super duper players.
    personally the mechanics form any bossfight are piss easy to learn and master. mostly its the other failing so yeah, wow is an easy game in pve as its pre-sceduled when to do what.
    doesnt change the fact that we had 20k life tanks with 30-40% avoidance and DDs running with 16 life into naxx. 2k dps were "good" then. well good players did 3-4k dps with that gear, most did 1.7k

what are you talking about forcing to run heroics? no progress raider had to do heroics EVER after naxx. i really mean EVER. you could clear the content with the old gear if you had it on top level. it was optional to craft items or buy them from vendors, remember this: you only could get the tier before so you never did gain anything from running heroics apart of 2 badges per day.
    you clearly are shitting around and judging everything by the last 5 months where the game has been ended when LK came out and there was no %buff around. seriously try to remember shit before stating BS.

also raiders in cata will do heroics to fill up gaps from loot they never got while raiding in second gear etc. the system has not changed AT ALL its still Tier-badges>heroic-lowertier-badges they just are called JP and VP now. NOTHING HAS CHANGED.
    the bosses dont have all that new mechanics (wow chains? really chains? i remember that from kara) they are "hard" if you are undergeared and totalbuisquit made heroic videos where they "got annihilated" because they had no tactics and were undergeared. you couldnt clear halls of lighting with green gear and had your fair challenge in nhblues for some time.
    you honestly think that the heroics in cata will not be devaluated? thats wishful thinking man

heroics being easy now has nothing to do with you doing them since 2 years, knowing that add X does 70% dmg with ONE cast and that you should take the 200% magic dmg debuff and then stand in the 5kdps cast. no really.
    also you want to feel no difference from gear? so heroics should be MFhard even in tier11.5? sure dude, I can see your post now "blizz made this game too hard. I am full t11 and cant kill boss X in instance X on HC thats overtuned QQ"
    Last edited by mmocdbbb194638; 2010-11-26 at 11:12 AM.

I was told I couldn't tank HC ICC 5 mans because I had about ~32-36k HP. It came from a hunter who was doing the lowest dps in the group, even lower then me as a warrior tank.

15+ Year Old Account
    Someone told me how to play my game I better blame it on expansion and post it on mmo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    I think its funny how people imply stupid people didnt exist in vanilla or BC
    It was even worse back then.

I like how you are one of those idiots who can't take criticism. What a fail post.

From your story you told he didn't seem all that bad, sure he was completely wrong but most wouldn't even take the time to try to help someone out.
    There are going to be just as many stupid people in cata, if not more, in the end little will change, I don't see the game changing much cause heroic content will be hard for the first few months if that.

"I told him it's pretty rude to give advice to people who don't ask for it"

That's simply not true.

What is rude, is when you are trying to be helpful because you notice someone is doing everything wrong & they go ape shit at you.

The problem is that a lot of people are childish and are stuck in a mind set where they couldn't possibly be doing anything wrong.

I was doing a random, this was post 4.0.1. There was a paladin in a mixed array of gear, greens/blues/epics, some strength items, some intellect items. The best part though, was his holy spec (in the random as DPS mind you), casting Exorcism over and over, with a few random judges and holy shocks.

Someone in the party asked this paladin if he usually heals, and he said "only as a last resort". So this kid was actually playing his paladin like he though he should.

80 Paladin, 80 Rogue, 80 Priest, 80 Death Knight, 72 Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Rejie View Post
    Got a similar story?
    Plenty. But then I'm a no-life-raider so I won't bother...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remortal View Post
    You didn't actually clarify that at any point you tried anything that was endgame or hardmode content. Yet you claim it's impossible to fail. Getting gear, leveling proffesions and getting 5k gold aren't things you are supposed to be able to fail at. You say you haven't set foot in ICC so how should you know what the raid content is like?

But well done for getting outdated gear with relative ease.
    On my now-retired main I cleared Uldu 2 weeks after its release, did part of the hard modes ther before taking a break from WoW which I did also because of the fact that after initial astonisment over the beauty of Northrend and even Ulduar wears off there isn't really a lot of challenging substance left - and it wears off pretty fast.

And before you ask, I've been raiding / PvPing in vanilla and did full "PvE tour" in TBC - From Attumen up to and including KJ.
    Here's the retired main so you can see I'm not talking out of my ass:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...moon&cn=Jarred
    He's still wearing stuff from the day I decided "quit" in June last year.

Trust me, I know what I'm talking about when I say that things have just been easy in WotLK compared to earlier content - there is simply no use denying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroape View Post
    To be very honest when I was coming back it was soley with Cata in mind - I just hoped to level a new char to 80, get the profs up and do it all before the expansion hits live. Raiding a content which will be irrelevant in 2 weeks was not high on my priority list - especially that I though it takes some effort to gear up for. Well, it turns out it doesn't - it's literaly a freebie. And in fact today I'm going to clear ICC with the guild I joined.

Basically I discovered it's not only possible but also piss easy to make up for year+ break in playtime within less than 2 weeks - which does not feel very epic at all...
    Why?
    Two weeks isn't a short time and you're still not as well geared as a real raider.
    Surely the stuff you have done should be the measure of your skill, not the colour of your pants.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Astroape View Post
    To be very honest when I was coming back it was soley with Cata in mind - I just hoped to level a new char to 80, get the profs up and do it all before the expansion hits live. Raiding a content which will be irrelevant in 2 weeks was not high on my priority list - especially that I though it takes some effort to gear up for. Well, it turns out it doesn't - it's literaly a freebie. And in fact today I'm going to clear ICC with the guild I joined.

Basically I discovered it's not only possible but also piss easy to make up for year+ break in playtime within less than 2 weeks - which does not feel very epic at all...
    its not blizzards intension to put new players or players that come back out on the edge. imagine you had to raid vanilla then bc then full wrath before you got to ICC. or let alone lets say you had to raid naxx, satharion, malygos, ulduar, trial of the crusader before you actually could enter icc and you would have to clear it with people that only had gear that existed back then also you dont get increased healthpools for you damagedealers and healers. have fun wiping.
    its good that blizz makes it possible to skip content if its not highend. icc stopped being highend when heroic was released and they gave us the %buff.
    its like "hey look I did walk from my room to the bathroom before and I expected it to be harder to walk from the bathroom to the fridge" while the real people are walking on glaciers and such

Deleted
    Its the people that spoiled Wotlk, not vice versa

Quote Originally Posted by akuaku View Post
    remember that content is supposed to be hard if you have lower gear. if you have equal gear why do the content? so doing HoR in TotGC gear wasnt supposed to be hard. the only thing you dont get taught in 5man are things you cant do like tank-swaps and other stuff you just dont have the number of people for.

People forget where they were and think its been this 10min nexus running since wotlk was out. thats plain BS. most people I know to be in ICC25 or ICC10HC still die from haigan! so no, dont expect cata to change anything about it as we will overgear instances sooner or later and the mechanics are everything but new we get there!
    Only that I dinged on the 23rd of November 2008 as a DK tanker, and the 26th I got Hadranox denied with 495 defense and 26k hp... I call that easy.

Yes, you are right that there is a lot to do in the different HC fights, but fact is, you almost "overgear" it already by wearing wearing the same ilevel items that it drops, or even just the tier under. In TBC, doing the Heroics then was so much more difficult (gear-wise) that you had to do Karazhan before doing most of the hard Heroics.

I honestly have a problem calling anything but Lich King a hard encounter in ICC - Obviously though there are several encounters that require you to have some beefy gear, like Professor Putricide and Sindy, but the tactics aren't that hard (although I have no problem gear being the limit sometimes, it is just that gear is so easy to get that you usually don't really have a gear issue). I also feel that it doesn't justify a whole expansion to only have a couple of hard fights.

We were talking on vent a few nights ago about our plans for raiding, and I happened to mention the Onyxia and Nefarion encounter.

One of the guys in the the guild, who is a Wrath Kiddy, went "Who is Nefarion?"

Perhaps not so bad (he's actually a very good Warlock) but it still made all of us laugh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ledger View Post
    Only that I dinged on the 23rd of November 2008 as a DK tanker, and the 26th I got Hadranox denied with 495 defense and 26k hp... I call that easy.
    because 500 defense was 60 defense more than needed and 26k life was naxx-25 level gear.
    not to mention that hadranox denied is an easy achievement. All you have to do is refrain from ANY AOE spell and pull her early. I got my red proto in naxx gear so yeah

because 500 defense was 60 defense more than needed and 26k life was naxx-25 level gear.
    The amount of fail is unbelievable. Naxx-25man gear? Yeah, I guess my full blue gear was all dropped in Naxx-25man...