Thread: wow funny scam

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by MorphexEU View Post
    They can actually hack blizzard's DB's as far as i know, they hacked me even with my authenticator :P
    I got no clear / sure answer tho, actually... it's just guesses. But to enter a DB ain't to hard.
    Not trying to flame you, but I don't think you really know what you're talking about.

Funniest fail scam I got was a level 1 orc named 'Blizzardeu' (or something like that) whispering me and asking me officially for my login information, while just seconds before that when I was logging in the loading screen literally told me 'A Blizzard employee will never ask for your password.'.

Told him to fuck off ofcourse.
    torbase.tk
    Looking for voluntary writers!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cmilla View Post
    Man I'm getting so many of these its ridiculous. youd think these gold farming mofos could at least find someone online who knows how to right proper english lol
    Oh, how ironic..

Quote Originally Posted by Tenkachii View Post
    Lock incomming, also it's not funny, many wow-players fall for it. Too bad.
    Why are you so damn serious? lol...

The fact that there are people out there dumb enough to fall for something like what the OP posted is actually more amusing than the bad grammar in the scam email.

Also, why do you feel the need to announce "Lock incoming"? It's hypocrisy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeraze View Post
    Funniest fail scam I got was a level 1 orc named 'Blizzardeu' (or something like that) whispering me and asking me officially for my login information, while just seconds before that when I was logging in the loading screen literally told me 'A Blizzard employee will never ask for your password.'.

Told him to fuck off ofcourse.
    wise =)

Also when they tell you to visit "Blizzàrdzs-éu-äccount-etc-etc.etc"
    Just.. /facepalm :b

Quote Originally Posted by MorphexEU View Post
    They can actually hack blizzard's DB's as far as i know, they hacked me even with my authenticator :P But they couldn't logg in tho. But they did changed my password somehow o.O

Or they pick up cookies from your web browser somehow.

I got no clear / sure answer tho, actually... it's just guesses. But to enter a DB ain't to hard.
    lol wtf is this I don't even

I had a rather good one. most urls were blizzard except of course the password one and all spelling was fine. first I got an email saying my account was under investigation then six hours later one saying I was locked for account or gold buying and to login.

15+ Year Old Account
    That one was kinda bad lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetis View Post
    I had a rather good one. most urls were blizzard except of course the password one and all spelling was fine. first I got an email saying my account was under investigation then six hours later one saying I was locked for account or gold buying and to login.
    Now THIS is funny

Not getting any emails but whenever im in outland i get psts about buying gold from other toons i report them but i always feel bad reporting them because i know its just a hacked account.

My reply to them is always after they ask me if i have enough gold or something like that, "so how long since you hacked that one"

I get a scam e-mail every other day or so. It's getting sad. Not sure why I'm targetted :/

I never notice that I get the scam emails unless I check my junk mail folder on gmail. And if I get one in my inbox I always go directly to blizzards site to log in I don't even open the e-mails. My Husband and brother (who lived with us at the time) got hacked 2 days apart and I managed to escape it somehow. so over cautious here now lol

well they usually scan official blizzard forum (ex: the paladin forum) and click on every players to get the emails.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Chinese lesson for the day (Cantonese): Dew neh loh moh = go f*ck your mother.

Thought some of you might find this useful.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.