Deleted

Darkmoon card Volcano?

Does anyone know if the Darkmoon Card Volcano stacks with Fire power/ ignite, prolly wouldn't but just 2 be sure

It seems to be fire dmg, it doesnt have a spell designated to it atleast. http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/89091/v...c-destruction/ <-- Click it to see the effects :P

Effect #1
    School Damage (Fire) ()
    Value: 899
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

Deleted
    Hmm then i guess it is a must have to all fire/frost. That give 1 more good reason to go ignite as frost

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it's wise to make any spec decisions based on the fire damage of that trinket. Most of the damage due to the trinket proc comes from the temporary 1600 Int gain, not the measily avg 1200 fire damage it does. It's not like the Reign of the Dead trinket when the damage proc is important. I guess I'll add some math to show why it's not worth caring about what spec or talents you have to "buff" the trinket.

A 1200 (average) damage hit at level 85 is not very big, and it's surely on an internal cooldown. If we guess that it's 45 seconds then the best the extra DPS that part of the proc does is 1200/45 = 27 DPS. If fire specializing works, then you gain 25%. So, 1500 or 33 DPS.

Yes I know I'm ignoring raid buffs and some talents in the fire tree that increase fire damage. This is an approximation.

How about counting crit?
    +25% Fire specialzation
    Crit, (x2) (x1.03) (w/chaotic meta)
    x(1.4) Ignite
    =4326 [CRITICAL HIT] as a fire mage counting the ignite dot and ignoring mastery effects

Now if your crit chance is 50% (for simplification), and still assuming you get the proc every 45 seconds, I can average the 4326 and 1500, you get 2913/45 = 65 DPS.
    Do this again with a 0/0/0 spec mage (but still 50% crit) and you get 40.8 DPS

So worrying about spec, the best you can do is another 25 DPS at best... /golfclap.

At level 80 I wouldn't worry about 25 DPS, but at level 85... I REALLY wouldn't worry about an extra 25 DPS.
    Last edited by Plasmon; 2010-11-29 at 11:29 AM.

It would seem to me that picking a spec around the trinket will be all but irrelevant, but which spec you are could have some small relevance for Darkmoon: Volcano when it comes to determining its standing among trinkets. Of course, spec-based stat weights will be much, much more relevant though.

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmon View Post
    I don't think it's wise to make any spec decisions based on the fire damage of that trinket. Most of the damage due to the trinket proc comes from the temporary 1600 Int gain, not the measily avg 1200 fire damage it does. It's not like the Reign of the Dead trinket when the damage proc is important. I guess I'll add some math to show why it's not worth caring about what spec or talents you have to "buff" the trinket.

A 1200 (average) damage hit at level 85 is not very big, and it's surely on an internal cooldown. If we guess that it's 45 seconds then the best the extra DPS that part of the proc does is 1200/45 = 27 DPS. If fire specializing works, then you gain 25%. So, 1500 or 33 DPS.

Yes I know I'm ignoring raid buffs and some talents in the fire tree that increase fire damage. This is an approximation.

How about counting crit?
    +25% Fire specialzation
    Crit, (x2) (x1.03) (w/chaotic meta)
    x(1.4) Ignite
    =4326 [CRITICAL HIT] as a fire mage counting the ignite dot and ignoring mastery effects

Now if your crit chance is 50% (for simplification), and still assuming you get the proc every 45 seconds, I can average the 4326 and 1500, you get 2913/45 = 65 DPS.
    Do this again with a 0/0/0 spec mage (but still 50% crit) and you get 40.8 DPS

So worrying about spec, the best you can do is another 25 DPS at best... /golfclap.

At level 80 I wouldn't worry about 25 DPS, but at level 85... I REALLY wouldn't worry about an extra 25 DPS.
    hmmmm
    i guess 1600 int doesnt mean anything to you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JaymzBond View Post
    hmmmm
    it was never about the intellect we only talked 'bout the damage part of the proc

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm assuming it will work like RotD, it will benefit from raid buffs/debuffs, but nothing from your on gear/talents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JaymzBond View Post
    hmmmm
    I guess reading the whole post doesn't mean anything to you

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmon View Post
    ...Most of the damage due to the trinket proc comes from the temporary 1600 Int gain, not the measily avg 1200 fire damage it does...