Thumbs down LW op profession for ferals in Cata..

.. and for certain other classes too?

Or am I missing something?

The 130 AGI wrist enchant LWs get is much, much better than any "normal" enchantment for that slot (65 crit rating etc).

- Blacksmithing with it's 2 extra slots is worth 80 agility before we get epic gems (likely 2 raid tiers away).
    - Jewelcrafting gives 81 agility before epic gems.

I realize that it's hard to get every profession at exactly same level, but the rather big advantage LW has seems like an oversight. Anyone else considering a fast profession change before Cata hits?

(Yes I saw this enchant a couple of months ago, but foolishly I assumed they would nerf it or give non-lws better wrist enchantments)
    (No, if you don't care about minmaxing, I guess this thread isn't for you)

the 2 best professions prior to 4.0.1 for ferals were LW and skining IM because that crit buff is big. but yea, LW is super OP for kitties now but skinning not so much anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Burlacher View Post
    the 2 best professions prior to 4.0.1 for ferals were LW and skining IM because that crit buff is big. but yea, LW is super OP for kitties now but skinning not so much anymore
    Fairly sure engineering / Blacksmithing came in at number 2 pre 4.0.1 due to added slots for arp / haste buff. Skinning, should never be considored a raiding proffession.

In Cata ? As it stands it seems LW + JC'ing as mentioned above.

Yeah, skinning or other gathering professions don't really compete with crafting professions when it comes to buffs.

yea i know gathering are not the best but at the time, with it being my first toon, i wanted the skinning to complement the leatherworking, but it all worked out ok, the crit bonus was nice, now its gone

Deleted
    So I'm assuming the normal wrist enchant would be 50 agi, just like wotlk 50>130 AP, the net profit for LW would be 80 agi? Am I mistaken?

So you want blizz to nerf professions not based around gems and then buff it again later?

Quote Originally Posted by Rubzje View Post
    So I'm assuming the normal wrist enchant would be 50 agi, just like wotlk 50>130 AP, the net profit for LW would be 80 agi? Am I mistaken?
    If there was a 50 AGI wrist enchant, I wouldn't have started this thread.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ting-Cataclysm

It's too early to tell what the best profs are since Blizz is still balancing everything. JC has laways been a top contenender. Its true with BS you could add suckets for whatever you wanted but now that Enchanting has both agi and stam ring enchants at +40, BS isnt that special FOR FERALS. LW is clearly in the lead atm BUT Blizz has always balanced these types of enchants so that no one prof has a huge advantage over another like LW does now. I reckon there will be normal enchants for bracers to equalize the discrepency before all is said and done.
    Last edited by Kioga; 2010-11-26 at 06:39 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    it is not an overlooekd mistake
    other classes get +65 crit rating
    we get 130 agi but we loose 65 crit rating

for gems and usaly for enchant agi / crit rating / haste rating and such all count on a 1:1 base

so 130 - 65 = 65 while other profesion gain 80 as bones we gain 65 but we laos trade 65 crit rating fro a better stat so in the end its balanced
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    it is not an overlooekd mistake
    other classes get +65 crit rating
    we get 130 agi but we loose 65 crit rating

for gems and usaly for enchant agi / crit rating / haste rating and such all count on a 1:1 base

so 130 - 65 = 65 while other profesion gain 80 as bones we gain 65 but we laos trade 65 crit rating fro a better stat so in the end its balanced
    You know how to subtract, but you don't know how to spell lose? I'd like to meet your English teacher

Quote Originally Posted by Rubzje View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ofession-Perks All the profession perks I could find and how they compare to other items in those slots if any (just raw stats, not dps wise).

Quote Originally Posted by axelnomnom View Post
    So you want blizz to nerf professions not based around gems and then buff it again later?
    You mean like they did in Wrath? You know they tried to have everything balanced around rare gems at the start of Wrath so they were all about even. Then when epic gems came out, all of the profession perks got adjusted if they needed to be.

The point is that right now LW gives us enchants for our main stats str/agi/int/stam, but the regular enchant in that spot gives a secondary stat such as hit/exp/mastery. No other profession does that, they all provide a similar set of stats but in an increased amount. The only difference at the last time I checked was that enchanting gave 50 for some stats on wrist and 65 for crit/haste. That means you are only getting a stat bonus of 65 points (instead of 80 like the other profs), but again it is on our main stats which is likely to be better.

LW + JC = 130 agi + 81 agi = 211 agi bonus
    BS + JC + Enchanting wrist enchant = 80 agi + 81 agi + 65 crit or haste = 161 agi/65 crit

I thought you were gonna say something about banning LW from feral druids, or the likes of it...

Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric View Post
    You know how to subtract, but you don't know how to spell lose? I'd like to meet your English teacher
    And 50 agi vs 65 crit rating... crit rating loses easily.

Quote Originally Posted by axelnomnom View Post
    seems the trolls are trolling the troll?

unfortunately isn't that what blizzard is doing now? nerfing classes only to buff them later?

valruth baby~

10+ Year Old Account
    If any profession is noticably better than another (with the exception of gathering versus crafting), with actual measurable differences beyond the theorycrafting, it will be nerfed in line with the others. The same thing happened with JCing and the nerf to dragon's eyes allowing for meta useage while ignoring socket bonuses (plus giving you 2-3 socket bonuses on top). It put JC about 20-30% ahead of any other profession, in T7/T8, and would have only scaled up as ArP got silly in later tiers. If LWing is that far ahead, it will get nerfed.
    God is a comedian playing to an audience that is afraid to laugh. ~ Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric View Post
    You forgot that period. I'd like to meet yours.