Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyltin View Post
    and if the hammer deals 25K crits to you when you have 40% dmg reduction you are doing something wrong. maybe you should know that you have to euqip it.
    The hammer does not even deal 25k dmg on a lvl 80 dummy.. It's something between 16 and 19k.

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    I only highlight the part I disagree with, While I know everything is modled for 85 it doesn't explain some of the extreme nerfs losing 2-4K DPS was pretty drastic and it's not going anywhere good. Very few classes had to deal with that type of damage reduction in fact only Warlocks that I have seen feel like they are in the same boat.

Now for beta in fights that are melee friendly Ret can do pretty decent there is only 1 for the entire first raid tier. Every other fight is heavy target swapping or caster favored. Sure things could change for the better and I'm sure they will 2-3 raid tiers in when we are still on the bottom and bored as shit of a terrible design filled with a ton of flaws.

I do agree relax you have 5 levels to gain you can see it for yourself but I think you are giving Blizzard far more credit then they deserve. They haven't gotten Ret right since Vanilla they sure don't have it right now.
    From all the Beta videos I saw Ret was pretty much dominating in regards to top melee dps with warriors about equal or a little lower, saw them in top couple spots of all dps as well in some fights. If you think you have it bad, Enhance Shamans have it a lot worse. It takes them longer to build back up when there is fast target swapping, pitiful AoE, and just low overall damage compared to pretty much ever other dps spec.

I've heard my share of whining about these "nerfs" and really cant do anything about this until we get all our abilities and be lvl capped.
    b/c its one week from cata so people should just wait and see how we do at 85. if we suck then you can whine. but for now lets just all relax.
    Last edited by Ryuuske; 2010-11-29 at 07:09 PM.

L80 should not be reduced, L85 should just be more. What we have is like a store having a 1/2 off sale the day after they triple their prices. It's rubbish unless you're some kind of Blizzard suck up apologist.

Lol you people all use the word troll loosely without actually knowing what one is. If you think what I said is trolling, maybe you need to try googling. I forget wow players do not know what real trolling is.

At JayJay, you are complaining about having to use survivability skills. I do know that WoG heal has been reduced, but why would you be able to get a lay on hands every time you get holy power? To me it seems you also do not know how to play your class. You call for a dispel or your clense or w/e, only other classes that get that are healing classes (besides priests). And if you havent noticed, they are making it so haste and mastery (lol) are the more useful stats. Not crit. Seriously, only thing I have taken from this is crying about 80 nerfs. Dispelling. If you are in a bg or arena and you dont get dispelled once, get above the 500 bracket.

I have to call you sir, a bad player.

Troll:
    # circulate, move around
    # cause to move round and round; "The child trolled her hoop"
    # sing the parts of (a round) in succession
    # angle with a hook and line drawn through the water
    # (Scandanavian folklore) a supernatural creature (either a dwarf or a giant) that is supposed to live in caves or in the mountains
    # sing loudly and without inhibition
    # round: a partsong in which voices follow each other; one voice starts and others join in one after another until all are singing different parts of the song at the same time; "they enjoyed singing rounds"
    # praise or celebrate in song; "All tongues shall troll you"
    # a fisherman's lure that is used in trolling; "he used a spinner as his troll"
    # speak or recite rapidly or in a rolling voice

Which definition did you have in mind?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamgrubby View Post
    Lol you people all use the word troll loosely without actually knowing what one is. If you think what I said is trolling, maybe you need to try googling. I forget wow players do not know what real trolling is.

At JayJay, you are complaining about having to use survivability skills. I do know that WoG heal has been reduced, but why would you be able to get a lay on hands every time you get holy power? To me it seems you also do not know how to play your class. You call for a dispel or your clense or w/e, only other classes that get that are healing classes (besides priests). And if you havent noticed, they are making it so haste and mastery (lol) are the more useful stats. Not crit. Seriously, only thing I have taken from this is crying about 80 nerfs. Dispelling. If you are in a bg or arena and you dont get dispelled once, get above the 500 bracket.

I have to call you sir, a bad player.
    In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response.
    ^
    wiki, so yes you are trolling

Im just gonna go ahead and C+P Gc's age old theorem.
    My [Insert class name here] is underpowered,please buff.
    [Insert class name here] Is OP , Please nerf.
    And now what i belive to be his new theorum.
    Give X class Y spell under name P ,Add Z as a variant and ship.

Just report Iamgrubby and move on, trash posters aren't worth the effort anyways.

I was sort of hoping the non-paladins wouldn't come in here and troll, but it seems they have as usual. Sigh

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Just report Iamgrubby and move on, trash posters aren't worth the effort anyways.

I was sort of hoping the non-paladins wouldn't come in here and troll, but it seems they have as usual. Sigh
    Rules to keep the non-paladins out:
    rule#1 Just dont use the word buff/nerf in your title.
    rule#2 dont say to non-paladin to stay out, that will be worse.
    rule#3 Don't talk about the inner circle.
    Last edited by DaGhostDS; 2010-11-30 at 01:57 AM.

What you experienced before The Shattering at level 80 was for level 80 balance only. These were not unnecessary nerfs, blizzard does not hate paladins, and you are not going to quit the game over this. Trust me, I can see the future. What you're seeing now is spell coefficients at 85, thus they are totally out of balance right now. Ret was okay on beta, arguably quite good, so don't freak out because something that doesn't work like a well-oiled machine at 80 isn't going to work the same way at 85.

This isn't to say we don't have fundamental design issues. Zealotry, Hand of Light, overall fairly weak pressure in PvP...and these are real concerns you should be discussing, really. But going nuts over a DPS loss this close to the expansion is silly.

Relax. Drink some Coffee. Eat some turkey leftovers.
    Whoa whoa whao.. Paladins got a nerf?

dont tell them.. aaaahh nuu its too late.. Get your boots on lads we gonna be flooded with QQing..

NOTHING you can say will make a pally think he deserves a nerf..

"Oh wtf you took that button i had that instantly kills anything in the game including GM's.. Thats sooo unfair"

They only do it because you're a bad paladin.

See what I did there?

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    They only do it because you're a bad paladin.

See what I did there?
    TROLL!!!!111!!ONE!!!!1!11

Believe it or not I don't get that from people very often. And ProBubble, I think you're being a bit dramatic.

15+ Year Old Account
    TROLL!!!!111!!ONE!!!!1!11

Believe it or not I don't get that from people very often. And ProBubble, I think you're being a bit dramatic.
    might be more like trollimatic at this point