Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Average hours per level 80-85.

I got a quick question for whoever was in beta. How many hours did you spend averagely per level from 80-85? I've been reading around and the answers are really varying. Some say about as much time as 70-80, some say roughly 7-9 hours per level, while other claim that if you're focused enough you can do one level in as little as 2-3 hours. Anyone care to elaborate or share some information? Trying to plan abit ahead. :<

Arent going to get any straight answers here, the EXP on the beta was lowered from what it will be on live. Expect the same amount of time as with 70-80.

Took me a week (70-80 that is), playing 3-5 hours a day and taking my time. But it really depends on how much/fast you quest/dungeon.
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why even worry about how long it will take to level, or average the time it takes to obtain one level? Just play the game for what it is and enjoy the new content on you're first 80-85 play through, you will only get that experience once, mine as well enjoy and savor it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerot View Post
    Arent going to get any straight answers here, the EXP on the beta was lowered from what it will be on live. Expect the same amount of time as with 70-80.

Took me a week (70-80 that is), playing 3-5 hours a day and taking my time. But it really depends on how much/fast you quest/dungeon.
    Wrong, the XP you got on beta is exactly the same as it will be on live, i'm tired of people giving out false information. What was lowered was GUILD experience, not 80-85 exp.

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

Deleted
    Sources tell me it averaged 20-25 hours but the exp gain was reduced for beta testing reasons so I would say 30-35?

Quote Originally Posted by Mackus View Post
    Sources tell me it averaged 20-25 hours but the exp gain was reduced for beta testing reasons so I would say 30-35?
    Your sources are correct, if you focus and don't screw around 20-30 hours is all you will need to hit 85.

those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackus View Post

The xp couldn't possible have been reduced for the beta. Based on actual footage i've seen from the beta, the xp per kill/quest turn in at level 81 is only a little bit higher than it was in icecrown. If they nerf the xp gains, then i'm gonna farm HoR till at least 83, as it will be more xp.

Edit: PoS would actually be better since it has so much trash.

XP gains aren't going to be nerfed at all, they are balanced as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Durotar Thug View Post
    Why even worry about how long it will take to level, or average the time it takes to obtain one level? Just play the game for what it is and enjoy the new content on you're first 80-85 play through, you will only get that experience once, mine as well enjoy and savor it.
    People enjoy things differently. I love blazing up to max level and gearing up ASAP. Try not to tell people how they should enjoy it. Maybe he just wants to plan ahead so he can get to level cap at the same time as his friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trispec View Post
    Wrong, the XP you got on beta is exactly the same as it will be on live, i'm tired of people giving out false information. What was lowered was GUILD experience, not 80-85 exp.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    No, we actually did increase the experience required for 84-85 from what it was at in beta. That one was a little bit too short. Other than that, yeah everything else is staying the same. At least for now.
    That was Tom Chilton in his interview. So yes, it'll take longer on live than it did on the Beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    No, we actually did increase the experience required for 84-85 from what it was at in beta. That one was a little bit too short. Other than that, yeah everything else is staying the same. At least for now.
    That was Tom Chilton in his interview. So yes, it'll take longer on live than it did on the Beta.
    That is just ONE level, it won't add more than an hour or two to total leveling times. Which is why i said 20-30 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is just ONE level, it won't add more than an hour or two to total leveling times. Which is why i said 20-30 hours.
    Yeah, it's not gonna be a HUGE difference, I'm just nitpicking the "it's the exact same as beta, no changes at all, XP is the same" argument.

It DID get changed slightly from beta. Not so much that it'll take much longer, but it's not the same.

Deleted
    80 to 81 is like 2 hours max. every level after that will take about triple that amount of time. so a realm first would hit after roughly 25hours. (but then you would have to go all out)

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyInc View Post
    80 to 81 is like 2 hours max. every level after that will take about triple that amount of time. so a realm first would hit after roughly 25hours. (but then you would have to go all out)
    It doesn't triple.

It goes something like this with 25 pre quested dailies for realm First.
    81: 35 min (with turn ins)
    82: 1h 30 min
    83: 2h 30 min
    84: 3h 30 min
    85: 3h pre exp buff, probably 4h after the exp buff.

The average guy will take the double amount of time at most. So it wil be 25 hours for the average player, not for realm first.

Your sources are correct, if you focus and don't screw around 20-30 hours is all you will need to hit 85.
    Is this with questing or dungeon farm?

2 days before the beta closed I leveled my icc heroic geared enhancement shaman 80->85.
    I had 25 dailys done before starting to level and I returned those. That gave me around ~550k xp.
    Then I went to hyjal(80-82) -> deepholm(82-83) -> uldum (83-84) -> twilight highlands(84-85).
    I went to next zone right as I dinged part from hyjal where I leveled 2 first levels.
    Didn't bother to loot mobs part from those qs where it was needed.
    I'm sure this can be done much faster but this is how long it took for me.

80-81 ~35min
    81-82 ~1h 40min
    82-83 ~2h 40min
    83-84 ~3h 45min
    84-85 ~3h 30min

edit: forgot to say I did this unguilded and without any +xp items.

Deleted
    I havent played beta myself but if what you are saying here is actually correct (with 84->85 taking a bit longer) then... I dont know... Its gonna be pretty fast isnt it 0.o ?

In Wrath each level took like what? 5 hours? And there were 10 of them.

Obviously I am not complaining, the less time spent leveling the better. But... WoW... Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    It doesn't triple.

It goes something like this with 25 pre quested dailies for realm First.
    81: 35 min (with turn ins)
    82: 1h 30 min
    83: 2h 30 min
    84: 3h 30 min
    85: 3h pre exp buff, probably 4h after the exp buff.

The average guy will take the double amount of time at most. So it wil be 25 hours for the average player, not for realm first.
    I hope you are making these numbers up. No way in hell 12 hours should get realm first. LK was in 27 hours and that was by one crazy warlock. The average realm first was probably closer to 36-40 hours. If it only takes 12 hours for Cataclsym then Blizz failed miserably and I can tell the boss I don't need those days off after all.
    What do you think about the season 7 shaman set?
    It looks like what would happen if one of those big rock giants from Outlands mated with Spiderman.

-monkeysnarf

Quote Originally Posted by moode View Post
    I hope you are making these numbers up. No way in hell 12 hours should get realm first. LK was in 27 hours and that was by one crazy warlock. The average realm first was probably closer to 36-40 hours. If it only takes 12 hours for Cataclsym then Blizz failed miserably and I can tell the boss I don't need those days off after all.
    These numbers are accurate for a beta player who knows where to go and where quest items are.

Ok I'll reword, the numbers are accurate for anyone with advanced knowledge of cata questing. (As for using quest helper /vomit rant rant imad)
    Last edited by Verphix; 2010-11-26 at 08:40 PM.

Deleted
    Because of ingame Quest Helper and these free guides (http://wow-pro.com/) everyone knows where to go and what to do there.