Regarding Engineering Goggles

I am just curious about the longevity of the goggles. I am aware of the cogwheels and whatnot that only fit into the goggles.. will the goggles get upgraded with each content patch, or is this just a starter piece of gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    They will be the same as every other Engineering Goggle out there. Baseline iLvL.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

There were goggles that got updated at one point mid expansion, thats why I ask

I've not been able to find any information in this yet, but I most certainly hope so. The cogwheels and such are too cool a perk not to have for the entire expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Digits View Post
    I've not been able to find any information in this yet, but I most certainly hope so. The cogwheels and such are too cool a perk not to have for the entire expansion.
    I agree entirely. Seems a waste to make them and just leave them as the redheaded stepchild. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    They haven't released any data about anything past the first tier, so it's impossible to datamine anything about potential upgrades, and I don't think they've come right out and said it.

That said, if they weren't planning to, I doubt they'd have gone to the trouble of creating entirely new socket types and socketables just for introductory gear that will never be used past the first few months of Cataclysm. I would expect to see a new upgrade pattern on the vendors with each new major tier release.

This is my hope solely because blizz doesn't like to add things that become obsolete quickly.

The only other change I could see is for engineering to receive something like the BS extra sockets to make use cogwheel system past the first tier of raiding content. With the way new content gives away the old it would make the cogs so pointless to bother with, at least I hope so...

All we know at this point is that they are the new Spiked Titansteel helm - ie. king for the first tier of normal mode content. As ilvl 359 epics they are the equalent to Wrath ilvl 200 epics.

Titansteel was good from november 2008 till May 2009 (Wrath relese to Ulduar patch) - I suspect that this is what we can except of googles as well.

The "upgrade" people are speaking of was the extermly rare schematics for high-end googles that dropped in the Sunwell during BC. We saw no equalent during Wrath, and if we'll see any in Cata is pure speculation at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    The goggles are always on par with the first tier of raiding gear, but you can acquire them at a much lower level. That's the main draw to it.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Schematics to upgrade your goggles dropped in Sunwell Plateau in BC. Which is basically two tiers higher than the original ones. I'm hoping that they will drop or be available off a reputation vendor in each new tier. But even with that, the heroic version of boss drops would probably be superior to them.

for what i have heard..... (can´t relly find a post to refere to), the plan atleast WAS to uppgrade the goggles a while in. like the case with the drop from sunvell.

Deleted
    With alot of professions getting upgrades every tier, it'd make sense if engineers got upgraded goggles. Some of us engineers just want to wear goggles, I just got to level 77 on my engi Rogue and I've had to hide the first big upgrade helm she got, I already miss my level 70 goggles.

If Engineering is to be viable for non-caster classes, then they will certainly need to upgrade goggles each tier. Otherwise, I know I'll be dropping Engineering as soon as I grow out of the goggles. :/ I HATE to say that, but it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    If Engineering is to be viable for non-caster classes, then they will certainly need to upgrade goggles each tier. Otherwise, I know I'll be dropping Engineering as soon as I grow out of the goggles. :/ I HATE to say that, but it's true.
    This... as an enh shaman goggle upgrades are really gonna be the only saving grace to eng for me. The nature damage tinker does show to scale with enh mastery but that is piddle compared to the benefit one would get from JC/LW/BS... I will keep eng till t12 is fully disclosed for professions. If there is a new goggle set, I will keep eng, otherwise good-bye my beautiful flying machine