Presence of Mind - Conjure Mana Gem

hey mmo =)

I've been a mage for like 4 years already, and i've been arcane for about all of Wotlk, and a part of TBC
    But in that time, I've never been able to do PoM-Conjure Mana Gem.
    Anyone knows why this is? Because when i'm walking in a dungeon or so I really wish that i could PoM-Mana gem :P
    Is this a bug, or is this intentional, and if so why?

Your fellow mage
    Duke Entropy

15+ Year Old Account
    If you have a gem with a charge on it, it wont let you. If you have no gem, it will work

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    If you have a gem with a charge on it, it wont let you. If you have no gem, it will work
    really? never tried that
    i will try that next time
    thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    I can confirm that, even though it's dumb, it's true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Additionally, you could make a macro to check for a current gem, delete it if it exists, then PoM, then conjure.
    It would look something like this:

/line of script that you could look up because I don't know script very well
    /cast Presence of Mind
    /cast Conjure Mana Gem

15+ Year Old Account
    Theres a macro (I think you can find it on wow wiki) its a script command to check to "destroy" a gem if theres any charges before it tries to make one.. older macro, i think it still might work correctly..

sorry I can't remember it right now =x

10+ Year Old Account
    Never bank your gem, I did that once and forgot about it. And it wouldn't let me make anymore gems so I opened a ticket and the GM told me to check my bank

Quote Originally Posted by Jancro View Post
    Never bank your gem, I did that once and forgot about it. And it wouldn't let me make anymore gems so I opened a ticket and the GM told me to check my bank
    Lol yeah, that happened to me when I got hacked. I knew what the problem was when it said the gem existed (since how many options could there really be if it isnt in bags?!), but I was in a raid and my bank was full of the 20000 mails full of items I received for restoration. It was rather irritating.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not to sound cynical at all, but why not stop for 1.5 seconds to replenish your gem after each fight where you use it? This thinking is... strange indeed. I'm just trying to make sense of why anyone would want to do this. >.<
    For the Alliance!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn View Post
    Not to sound cynical at all, but why not stop for 1.5 seconds to replenish your gem after each fight where you use it? This thinking is... strange indeed. I'm just trying to make sense of why anyone would want to do this. >.<
    Because when running after a wipe for example, it's pretty simple to just refill it on the run, and you'll get the arcane potency buff for the start of the fight and PoM without CD anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysthalica View Post
    Because when running after a wipe for example, it's pretty simple to just refill it on the run, and you'll get the arcane potency buff for the start of the fight and PoM without CD anyways.
    It's pretty simple to just delete it from your bags or stop moving, too <.<