Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question about 85 professions

Anyone have any idea yet what will be the best two for raiding. I was thinking Jc and LW just wanted to see what other people were thinking.

10+ Year Old Account
    JC and LW are both going to be good. I'm going with Herb/Engin (I dropped 450 inscrip to pick up Herb last week) for the first fews weeks of Cata to accumulate necessary mats for certain things, then i'll be leveling JC. So i'll be JC/Engin.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity..and I'm not sure about the the universe." -Albert Einstein

----------------CLICK SIGNATURE FOR ARMORY----------------

Yea I am currently Jc/engin just not sure how good engineering will be. I did not see any good glove enchants and unless they put new helms out every tier I do not know how good the helms will be

LW gives up 65 haste, but you gain 130 agi from it. That is huge. JC is worth 81 agility. BS and enchanting are worth 80 agi. You can't put a value on engineering's worth, it brings great utility but from what I see from crafting spells on wowhead. Mining is crap. Skinning is crap.
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2010-11-27 at 01:54 AM.

Deleted
    I'm currently JC/Engi. If Engi doesn't get a decent upgraded enchant together with a helm upgraded for every tier, I might roll LW or Herb.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm JC/LW atm.

The extra Agility from the bracer enchant is really good. And with JC gems it's easier to fix hit and expertise caps.

I'll most likely be gemming expertise with my 'big' gems. Checked my mates beta premade rogue and it was WAY from the expertise cap even if I gemmed it mostly hit/expertise to reach caps.
    Gonna suck getting the cap without the expertise+1.7k agi proc trinket(Left eye of rahj I think it was)

+ You save alot of money not having to buy leg and bracer enchants! :P
    - all of that saved money will be going in leveling your JC!

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually I' m Encha/Eng, but if engie sucks I reroll LW or JC insted of engie.

Cya

Engie will be the best profession going I predict. JC will be second then.

@UR1L: Agility is worth more than Expertise so gem Agility with your Eyes, and reforge to the expertise/hit cap. You should never gem for anything but Agi, Agi/Haste or Agi/Hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Engineering and Alchemy.

Even if Engi ends up subpar PvE/PvP-wise, it's still useful for teleports/repair/mail. Alchemy seems like a no-brainer just to make and sell some pots/flasks, and xmute epic gems etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Synexlol View Post
    Engie will be the best profession going I predict. JC will be second then.

@UR1L: Agility is worth more than Expertise so gem Agility with your Eyes, and reforge to the expertise/hit cap. You should never gem for anything but Agi, Agi/Haste or Agi/Hit.
    The only way engineering is the "best" profession is if you are considering the usefulness of the rocket boots which are the same and are not being upgrade for 85. Stats wise JC and Leatherworking are the best.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrelime View Post
    The only way engineering is the "best" profession is if you are considering the usefulness of the rocket boots which are the same and are not being upgrade for 85. Stats wise JC and Leatherworking are the best.
    You say they're the same, but I have also heard rocketboots can fail inside raids now. While I hope you are right, anyone else hear anything about them failing in raids?

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    You say they're the same, but I have also heard rocketboots can fail inside raids now. While I hope you are right, anyone else hear anything about them failing in raids?
    I didn't know this when I posted, but, the "boots" were changed to a belt engineering "enchant" instead. Still stats wise engineering is not in the top 2 professions.

and yes apparently rocket boots fail more often, you can get a backfire that throws you up or a very damaging debuff.
    Last edited by sabrelime; 2010-11-28 at 11:34 PM.

i had the rocketboots fail in hol yesturday and died so i would think it might fail in raid now too

Deleted
    Im tailor and Enchant and they are both quite good for raids however if your REALLY into raiding i suggest engineering, JC or Alchemy

Enchanting / Tailoring for me. Easy enough to level and they're still great benefits. Don't underestimate the power of the cloak proc!

In terms of actual flat DPS increase, it will be JC and BS/LW (I'll say LW since that's what seems accepted), but the usefulness of Engie always gets it my vote (Unless they gimped Rocket Boots, that would suck).

Quote Originally Posted by Synexlol View Post
    In terms of actual flat DPS increase, it will be JC and BS/LW (I'll say LW since that's what seems accepted), but the usefulness of Engie always gets it my vote (Unless they gimped Rocket Boots, that would suck).
    It is JC and LW, I thought I already mentioned that, though.

Yes they did gimp rocket boots. Which are now called nitro boosts, and I think that is actually a good thing, because, one profession shouldn't get to be the black sheep with weird bonuses, while the other choices are just flat dps increases.
    Last edited by sabrelime; 2010-11-29 at 01:37 AM.

It is JC and LW, I thought I already mentioned that, though.

Yes they did gimp rocket boots. Which are now called nitro boosts, and I think that is actually a good thing, because, one profession shouldn't get to be the black sheep with weird bonuses, while the other choices are just flat dps increases.
    Wait but the only thing eng now has is wierd (and crappier than before) bonuses. I mean the new shocker glove is only very very slightly better than the old hand rocket (because its a 2 min cd versus 45 sec). So now it doesn't compare to those other choices with flat dps increases at all. So how is it a good thing that rocket boots blow?

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Wait but the only thing eng now has is wierd (and crappier than before) bonuses. I mean the new shocker glove is only very very slightly better than the old hand rocket (because its a 2 min cd versus 45 sec). So now it doesn't compare to those other choices with flat dps increases at all. So how is it a good thing that rocket boots blow?
    The profession is only really screwed up for melee dps right now. Casters and healers both benefit from the new glove enchant, and tanks get one as well. For whatever reason they didn't give one to melee.