Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Thrall steped down at the start of the events and left garosh as temporary warcheff however at the end he full leaves leaving garrosh as warccheif to the horde till thrall returns which cuz of these events no one knows how long it will be so in short Yes garrosh is the Current acting warcheif of the horde in thralls abcencs
    I'm a little ninja, short and stout I take all the loot and I hearthstone out All the guys on teamspeak scream and shout I'm the warrior in full devout.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between Nagrand and your dreams
    Quote Originally Posted by Privyspots View Post
    At the lore panel it was stated that Gary is a vehicle to aid someone else's Lore (which right now includes all other faction leaders, lulz). He's a very strong counterpoint to Thrall, and something big will come of all this tension scattered throughout so many quests, or it will be a huge let-down.

I still think he will remain Warchief through it all. He's too integrated throughout the new questlines that removing him would call for serious re-working. Im not on "Team Gary", but I am very excited to see where this all ends up!
    Blizzard has already displayed there smart use of phasing to progress the story along. How do you know what we see in cataclyms alpha is the be all and end all? There might be intergraded quests that change all this in the end.
    After all, you have a quest to confront malygos outside the nexus, but by the story now, Maly is dead, and the new blue dragonflight leader to be chosen.

btw, Thrall promised Vol'jin we would return one day. You gonna doubt the words of the orc that made the horde what it is?

Neither Garrosh nor Thrall has the power to decide that Garrosh is warchief. It is the fact that the orcs beneath Garrosh and the other races attribute loyalty to him (as I've been questing, I've found more than one instance directly addressing Garrosh as Warchief, including one where an orc actually says 'Under Warchief Thrall, we were taught restraint, and being very careful with our enemies. But Thrall is no longer my Warchief, now is the time for action under the leadership of Warchief Hellscream') or something to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Neither Garrosh nor Thrall has the power to decide that Garrosh is warchief. It is the fact that the orcs beneath Garrosh and the other races attribute loyalty to him (as I've been questing, I've found more than one instance directly addressing Garrosh as Warchief, including one where an orc actually says 'Under Warchief Thrall, we were taught restraint, and being very careful with our enemies. But Thrall is no longer my Warchief, now is the time for action under the leadership of Warchief Hellscream') or something to that effect.
    I'm almost positive Thrall still holds all power over Garrosh, given how he commissioned the Goblins into the Horde without so much as a word to Garrosh until they got there. And the other 5/6 races favor Thrall over Garrosh (Vol'jin, Sylvanas, Baine, and Lor'Themar all still respect or in Baine's case should respect Thall more than Garrosh.)

Those numbers are proficient enough for Thrall to overtake Garrosh's Orcs.
    He's climbin' in your Deepholme
    Burnin' yo people up
    Tryin to kill em' so you need to hide yo kids hide yo wife
    Cause he burnin' erbody out there

10+ Year Old Account
    Short answer: yes.

Somewhat longer answer: Originally, Garrosh was supposed to be "acting Warchief". THis means that when lower-ranked members of the Horde speak to him, they use the term "Warchief". His decisions are final. He is the guy who says "Are we gonna sit and take this low blow with a smile on our faces? NO!" whenever Alliance does something bad. In short, he's the Warchief.
    How long he will be Warchief is still uncertain, although personally, I think he is here to stay for a while, until a major event forces him to abdicate.

But I must admit, I don't like the guy. Before patch 4.0.3a hit, I was willing to give him a chance, but now that I've witnessed him call my Queen a b*tch, the brown-faced warmonger must die. At one point. I can wait for the raid.
    Last edited by Calzaeth; 2010-11-27 at 03:47 AM. Reason: MMO's coding screwed up the emoticon I finshed with! > : D Without the spaces :P
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Yay, that's great, our blue-eyed warchief that is going to make friends with everyone will be back.
    I've witnessed him call my Queen a b*tch, the brown-faced warmonger must die
    "Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: Where is that ogre-headed buffoon?
    (24 lines later)
    Garrosh Hellscream says: Watch your clever mouth, bitch."
    So what, she was the first to give names, he is now a leader of a force to which she owes her sewers, isn't it enough to show some respect if not for Garrosh himself but for Thrall by who's word he is a warchief now and Horde itself?
    Same thing for Voljin, that old separatist seems eager to start b*tching about the very first Warchief's orders, I can't remember him doing so with ex-Warchief, how is it can be called respect and desire to work in team?
    Baine in his turn should thank that Grimtotem crone who was the real assassin and his father himself for seeking a duel.
    Anyway, you know it yourself that there is nothing black or white about factions and leaders in this game.

Also, why are you all seem to be so concerned about WoW politic situation? Are you going to vote for Garrosh or Magni this year IRL? I don't see anything bad in making gameplay of World of Warcraft more tuned towards some kind of militarization, there's no fun for me to play World of United Nations or something. There is really no need to be mad about it is Horde who started to act aggressively, you all now that Varian had all the chances to start a brawl
    Just be grateful you can see some action in Azeroth after all this years, no matter what or who was the reason, as I am.
    Last edited by Zauber; 2010-11-27 at 05:07 AM. Reason: lame english, sry :)