Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I Stood In The Fire....

In Southern Barrens today on an alt. The sky turned red and I was incinerated in a hellish downpour of blazing fire... Deathwing struck.

I didn't see it coming. I turned a quest to someone and the sky turned red, I thought turning int he quest made it phase... I walked a little and then BAM! Stood in the Fire...

Anyone else have the fortune of meeting this dragon out in the world yet too? Any actually not see it coming?

Questing in burning steppes towards the eventual obtaining of the flamefly pet.
    Afk out at questgivers rightfully thinking that being away from any mobs I should be fine.
    Come back to find myself dead, having had deathwing decide otherwise on my safety.
    Unfortunatly I missed the show, but nevertheless earned the achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    missed the show, but nevertheless earned the achievement.
    same was windowed

10+ Year Old Account
    i was afk near some mountains in rfd on beta. i got back to see i was dead even though i wasnt flagged.
    thought it was bug being beta and all but it turns out it was deathwing(combatlogs just show i died). released and had to spirit res(hard to wall climb those) and submitted feedback.
    Sig: Left-aligned forms are the slowest of the three to complete because of the number of eye fixations they require to parse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Happened to me last week... I was out with this great girl in Org... Gamon introduced us. Anyway... we went on a date everything was perfect.

We went back to my hut and had some drinks... then I black out.

Next day I wake up and she's gone! I get up and head out back to relieve myself. Wouldn't you know it... it burns to pee!

I look down and BAM everything is on fire!!

Turns out the girl was actually Deathwing. ...should've been tipped off by the giant adamantite jaw she had.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySteve View Post
    Happened to me last week... I was out with this great girl in Org... Gamon introduced us. Anyway... we went on a date everything was perfect.

Next day I wake up and she's gone! I get up and head out back to relieve myself. Wouldn't you know it... it burns to pee!

Turns out the girl was actually Deathwing. ...should've been tipped off by the giant adamantite jaw she had.
    I lol'd IRL

Deleted

I'm sure there is a joke in there.
    Can't find it though.

Had it on beta ... I was in Ulduam and the sky turned red with flames ... I knew it was him as I read about it before ...

I just took my mount and ran on his face ... I got killed be molten core ... but res with soul stone and kept flying after him for a while

hope to meat him in live though

10+ Year Old Account

Made my day.

Click signature for main character's armory.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Questing in burning steppes towards the eventual obtaining of the flamefly pet.
    wait what

Quote Originally Posted by reyina View Post
    wait what
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=28415
    Mysteriously delicious, but with complexity beyond degree.
    "Our truths lie in the absence of expression."

The quest for the flamefly pet has some pre-requisites, though quite what is not obvious.
    So I just went through clearing all I could, and towards the zone quest requirement anyway as a bonus.

Deleted
    damn didnt kno that he came out the ground already thought why else would the world look diff lol

was in wpl sky turned red and lfg popped thought it was my quest that changed the sky (
    so i just went in lfg

He missed me
    I was in wetlands and he appeared in the sky, but he was too far away to get me. I started to run towards him (wanting to get the achievement) but he was already flying off towards menethil. I want an achievement for managing to evade the fire

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

She do anything with that giant adamantite jaw?

15+ Year Old Account
    nope. Havent seen him yet. Questen trough zones :<
    Druid since Feb. 06

10+ Year Old Account
    My Gf was so excited when she heard 4.0.3 came out, leveled a Troll Druid, got to the Barrens, happy as can be. Sky goes red, she dies. Was funny watching all of the joy just drain from her face.

I'm a terrible person...
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

I think there should be a feat of strength for NOT getting killed by Deathwing. I imagine by the time it's all over, nearly everyone will have been killed by Deathwing.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HiTmAn47 View Post
    hope to meat him in live though
    You WHAT?

OT: Nope. Leveled all through Eastern Kingdoms, 1-60, not a trace of Deathwing anywhere. No funny red skies, no yells about the hour of Twilight falling, no great black dragons raining fire upon me. Rrgh.