Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Which profession gives best balance of cash and effortlessness haha

Explainations

you won;t make a profit because you're lazy. this question proves it

Deleted
    mining. sell all ores to vendor = profits !

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Get a mage to 80, stand in Dalaran (or Org/SW) and spam "Selling ports Xg!" in trade. You'll have to buy reagents occasionally, and sometimes move to people. That's about it. Right now it's probably more profitable than any profession.

With the change to the minimap tracking system I am seriously considering dropping Engineering for mining/herbalism. I imagine the haste cooldown will remain viable if it stays in its current form.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidv View Post
    With the change to the minimap tracking system I am seriously considering dropping Engineering for mining/herbalism. I imagine the haste cooldown will remain viable if it stays in its current form.
    With this change does it mean you will be able to track herbs/ores at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Stonepony View Post
    With this change does it mean you will be able to track herbs/ores at the same time?
    yes.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not technically, but the most profit with the least physical effort is Auction Housing. That requires the use of a brain though.

Deleted
    Definetly Jewelcrafting, all you have to do is buy a big load of uncut gems, cut them and then just post them a few times a day. I have made atleast half a million gold from that proffesion alone. I have made a guide that shows what addons you can use, to reduce the time you spend on it, search for "This is how i made over 800,000g in World of Warcraft" on youtube to find it.
    I hope you can use that, if not, there is plenty of other guides out there that explain how to use each proffesion. Good luck

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well since we are talking cash to effort my vote would be first aid. You can make bandages and sell them to the vendor with little effort. This will never be as profitable as other professions, but it takes almost no effort whatsoever.

Transmute alchemist on an alt. Good amount of profit with little effort.
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so

Find profs you enjoy doing and do them. If you hate doing them you won't do them and then no gold, etc. Anyway, herbs/alchemy, mining/jc, have proven gold makers at different times in the game for my toons. BS;LW has done some good for my guildmates as long as you have access to mats. DEing for enchanting mats can also be a good AH gold maker. Good luck finding one that hot that you enjoy!
    Last edited by finchna; 2010-11-28 at 01:34 AM. Reason: just felt like it

Deleted
    Xmute Alchi + Tailoring. Simply logging in once a day for alchi /once a week for tailoring will net you insane amount of gold due to internal cooldowns.

you simply cannot make more gold per minute than with alch/tailoring.

The best way to make money is jc/miner. Jcing makes great money and with mining you can get it to 450 with barely any money spent. Plus you can get your own gems, cut them, and sell them on the ah. However if you want to make the most money you should have three toons. One jc/miner, one herb/scribe, and one enchanter/tailor. One of the three being a mage.

Quote Originally Posted by kalo View Post
    Xmute Alchi + Tailoring. Simply logging in once a day for alchi /once a week for tailoring will net you insane amount of gold due to internal cooldowns.

you simply cannot make more gold per minute than with alch/tailoring.
    What tailoring one week CD are you refering to? I thought tailoring only had the blue cloths which have had their cd removed anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazimir86 View Post
    Get a mage to 80, stand in Dalaran (or Org/SW) and spam "Selling ports Xg!" in trade. You'll have to buy reagents occasionally, and sometimes move to people. That's about it. Right now it's probably more profitable than any profession.
    This. I made about 300g on my mage just selling ports from dala to the other cities in about 2hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Crushima View Post
    What tailoring one week CD are you refering to? I thought tailoring only had the blue cloths which have had their cd removed anyway?
    I think this would be the 22 slot bag. Not sure how that will hold out with the new cata bags but perhaps they'll remove the week cooldown that was added a patch or three ago.

With the new learn it once glyphs it will be interesting to see if inscribers can make much gold -- though perhaps there are some revenue producers i'm not seeing in the new inscription information.

cash and effortlessness are oxymorons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by poqryx View Post
    This. I made about 300g on my mage just selling ports from dala to the other cities in about 2hrs.
    300g in 2 hours is not good at all, at level 80.

Setting up an addon for some easy posting and undercutting, is really the most effortless way to make gold, in the long run.

Which profession??? How about just plain old "play the AH" game if you are lazy and don't feel like putting in the gold and/or work to max out a profession.

All of them to be honest, just have to be smart about it. I most often use JC/Enchanting but I really wish I had Inscription. Although Inscription is a lot more work because there is a lot more variety.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely