Furlborg RP. Fun right?

I'd like to hear others opinions on this matter, or possibly a link to a similar discussion if I made the mistake of not finding it. To clarify, if you liked the north western portion of Kalimdor, and the races therein (Furlborg, etc.), what would be some of yalls speculations on the matter. Perhaps an example to get things started?

Clothes: loincloth, simple leather armor, or is full plate mail possible?
    weapon: mouth and claws, axes, axes and mouth, etc.
    intelligence: rawr rawr.. rawrawr rawrrr GRRRRRRRRRR.... or "Hello there, I am Treemane of the Snow flurry tribe, what do you want of me traveler?"

any of the above traits could be attributed to an RP'd furlborg (except possibly plate mail... haven't read about any plate wearing furlborg, but theres a first time for everything as long as a good story is behind it) I just wanted to know what traits you guys would attribute to a furlborg you found interesting. Something interesting I read was that apparently some furlborg hired themselves as mercenaries to BOTH sides during the war of the ancients (E.G. Felpaw) and so it would be interesting to hear how a Furlborg "mercenary" fel from grace and joined "the dark side".

Once again, I'm still kind of new here and if this is not in proper context or there is another thread like this I'm sorry.

That sounds about right. Some Furbolgs are a bit smarter, as displayed by the Timbermaw, but they do retain a tribal society. They tend to just use the leather and sinew of the native animals nearby, and possibly even wood of their local environment. Their weapons are extremely primitive, only using wood and rock in their creation. They also tend to only rely on nature based magic, like druidism or shamanism.

But yeah, I agree with you. It is definetly something interesting, and something to consider. The restrictions seem to make them quite a fun race to roleplay as.

Lady of the Lore Syrra Coventry's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I actually have a few of the Timbermaw in one of my stories (Saeble's), and so have worked out, after studying both them and the Deadwood tribes, some interesting theories.

Their intelligences vary not unlike other races. Don't confuse their tribal and shamanistic society for low intelligence. They have, actually, a rather complex society, surprisingly, and many have learned the Common tongue, though this was for ease of communications by liaisons and traders and not necessarily something they do for "fun".

They make use of natural materials for their weapons and armor, preferring bone and wood as the main components, though they are not averse to using rough steel. Their weapons range from anything like a big stick to finely honed swords and burly morning stars. They employ bows as well as throwing axes, and their magicks are, indeed, largely shamanistic in nature.

Though their societies are largely tribal, they also seem to have a level of a caste system built into them as well. However, on that, I can't speak a great deal as to how it's structured with the available materials.

They are industrious, to a point, and very territorial. Rarely will you find one tribe friendly with another, though from what I can tell, the Timbermaw and Winterfall, at one point, were allies... Until the corruption of Archimonde and the Burning Legion.

As for I, a furlborg-only RP sounds really interesting! I'd most certainly be interested in joining. As Elyaan said, the strict rules create for an interesting RP as people are forced to think of new ways in which to express themselves!

My point is, I'd be up for it in a jiffy.