Cata disc PVP spec

im considering lvling a prst in cata to pvp with(disc healing that is) and just wondering what people have for specs right now
    i came up with
    http://wowtal.com/#k=71kIw8G9.a2y.priest

now iv NEVER played a prst before, but i want a pvp healer(or healer in general) for cata and i really like the way prsts play.
    so any suggestions about spec, or if you have your own plz let me know. (i am on beta btw, thats why i wld like too know)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jazx View Post
    im considering lvling a prst in cata to pvp with(disc healing that is) and just wondering what people have for specs right now
    i came up with
    http://wowtal.com/#k=71kIw8G9.a2y.priest

now iv NEVER played a prst before, but i want a pvp healer(or healer in general) for cata and i really like the way prsts play.
    so any suggestions about spec, or if you have your own plz let me know. (i am on beta btw, thats why i wld like too know)
    Priests play as offensive healers pressuring the other team as much as possible be it by mana burning, fearing opponents when needed or just plain old fashion smiting.
    To me your spec is missing too much on the offensive and operating mainly on a defensive point. I dont think i can post links but there's a page on arena junkies with a (54/17/0) build, so look for that and take a few ideas on how we play currently and expect that to carry on in cata. But i wouldnt be taking Strength of soul or Surge of light without smite being instant like it is currently. But it's all relative to how you play, go for it and get a feel for it.

Hmm, I agree with fianzo that priests are offensive healers in PvP and it seems that Disc only going to be more so in Cata. Seeing how big Smite can be (particularly in 2v2 arenas), I think you have to pick up Archangel/Evangelism and then Atonement as well. Based on how I've played in WotLK, I'd say that http://wowtal.com/#k=_ArXDVbz.a2y.priest should work pretty well.

Ev/AA helps us on both sides of the offensive/regen coin.
    Atonement can help out just by doing what I think you should be doing.
    Reflective Shield will still be not worth points unless you know you're fighting rogues or warriors, and even then...
    Strength of Soul will be useless, you're not going to be spamming Heal hoping to get WS off sooner.
    Darkness I think is a good talent and better than picking up a bit of throughput from the holy tree.
    Then talents like PI, PS, Focused Will etc are all going to be staples.

Deleted
    Just wondering why you didn't choose Reflective Shield in your disc points?

Level 85 arena and healing will be very different from Level 80 arena. With the removal of Dispel protection, you cannot be as offensive as you want especially since Flash Heal is no longer a viable method of PvP healing. With the greatly increased Health Pools at 85, an offensive play Discipline Priest should spend much more time using Mana Burn rather than Smite especially since PvP healers have been severely nerfed in the mana regen department since 80.

Evangelism and Archangel are not great at all and Atonement is only useful if you have a melee in your arena team, so if you are playing with a lot of casters it might not be as useful as you think. Atonement is also the only heal in the game that is negatively effected by your enemies' resilience so as the season progresses it will heal for less and not more. And you will be using Heal a lot more often than at 80, otherwise you would run into the problem of being OOM quite fast if you used nothing but Flash Heal. The problem with Archangel is that it will only restore 1% of your total mana per stack (unless I miss the patch notes where it was buffed again), so it fails miserably as a mana regeneration mechanic.

Reflective Shield is largely a useless gimmick for the 2 talent point investment that's required. Personally I would pick up Desperate Prayer and Inspiration, because you will need them to survive at 85. You will need a certain amount of critical rating anyways to proc Divine Aegis, so you might as get Inspiration for an additional magic buff as well as a 10% physical damage reduction. For PvP, you only need 1 talent point into Soul Warding, because unless you have an absurd amount of Haste, the GCD will override the cooldown the 1 sec cooldown and you will not be spamming PW: Shield in PvP anyways. Train of Thought is really a personal preference on the usage of Greater Heal, because Smites are not easily pulled off in the current arena situation. Any DPS burst for a Discipline Priest should really come from Mind Spikes, Mind Blasts and Shadow Word: Death and not Holy Fire+Smite.
    Last edited by Suzaku; 2010-11-27 at 08:47 PM.

If there are no significant changes to disc I believe holy with be the new pvp spec for priests.

Offensively, smites will mean nothing. As other posters have stated, mana burn will be the way to go.

With no dispel protection, all disc can offer is a 30 second CC. Holy on the other hand will also have chastise available to it. To me, that little stun will be the tiebreaker that will push priests to holy.

Holy is more than that one little stun. It can't take as much damage as Discipline can, it needs to run away and play a very mobile game.

Discipline can use and abuse the hell out of Mana Burn much much easier than Holy can (power infusion says "hi"). Offensive is more than just "spam a spell that does damage". Offensive means pressuring cooldowns, crippling your opponents until they screw up. And Holy's 3 second disorient might have a short cooldown, but Discipline still wins in this category (as well as the way their tools are set up, it's easier for Discipline to find time to offensively dispel).
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I'd agree that chastise makes holy very strong, but if they ever "fix" it then it'll suddenly become a whole lot less good (I'm still presuming that the disorient "stun" effect is an oversight)

Disc has the potential to be a whole lot better than holy, as usual, but right now it's just in a pretty bad place.