No Epic Blacksmithing Weapons? [Question Answered]

Took a look through the professions on the Home Page today, and saw no epic weapons? Any clue on if there will be, or if there already is and just wasn't listed? I could have sworn I saw an epic blacksmithing caster dagger a little while back but I can't find that article.
    Last edited by Arck908; 2010-11-27 at 07:29 PM.

My guess is it's incomplete. Jewelcrafting has everything except Str DPS neck AND ring. I doubt they'd leave out us plate guys.

If you read the intro to the profession links on the first page, the words "Still working" and "First pass" should tell you that the lists aren't complete yet, and are subject to change.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    If i recall there was a 660 dps polearm. It was posted on here some time ago.

But yes as it says, unfinished.

I'd be totally fine if there were no epic-quality gear recipes on the first tier of cata, unless the gear requires mats only attainable inside one of the new cata raids. Purple needs to mean "I raided for this gear", not "I mindlessly farmed heroics until RNG gave me my welfare epics"

I must have missed the "Unfinished" part, sorry about that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blahssat View Post
    I'd be totally fine if there were no epic-quality gear recipes on the first tier of cata, unless the gear requires mats only attainable inside one of the new cata raids. Purple needs to mean "I raided for this gear", not "I mindlessly farmed heroics until RNG gave me my welfare epics"
    For one tier it will. Then it's back to the same old.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was looking through gear guides for my feral druid and found that there aren't many epics to be obtained while gearing up for raids. The only epics I have seen thus far are crafted leather pieces and the engineering helm, as well as a few exalted reputations. I think this was intentional to keep people from having complete raid equivalent gear to start off, and the drops being upgrades for all characters who need them. There won't be many items that I can see lasting as long as they did like in Wrath, though it wouldn't surprise me if the Darkmoon Cards wind up lasting quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I was looking through gear guides for my feral druid and found that there aren't many epics to be obtained while gearing up for raids. The only epics I have seen thus far are crafted leather pieces and the engineering helm, as well as a few exalted reputations. I think this was intentional to keep people from having complete raid equivalent gear to start off, and the drops being upgrades for all characters who need them. There won't be many items that I can see lasting as long as they did like in Wrath, though it wouldn't surprise me if the Darkmoon Cards wind up lasting quite a while.
    As it was on beta IIRC, the epic patterns were not trainable either. Blizzard is not handing out epics as freely as they did in WoTLk especially since none of the Heroic 5 man Bosses drop epics and there's no epic gear with Justice Points.

i miss the BoP weps you got from BS at the time it was a good idea to drop them but maybe give them a return now after all my dude is an axe smith and sens engis helm is coming back it just sems unfair

10+ Year Old Account
    Some epic boe starter weapons would be almost needed for smithing to make the same gold wise as most other professions.

Though it would be nice if they also made some epic plans that only dropped from the last bosses of each raid & taught us to make a BOP weapon = to if not slightly better then stuff that boss dropped, they could possibly even make it so we could upgrade them like the weapons in BC.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

there were a few epic weapons on the beta i beleive but then agian finding a blacksmith was harder than getting <insert hard thing here>

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember there beeing, but even Wowhead has only blue ones. But yea, we will see in a week.

---------- Post added 2010-11-29 at 06:24 PM ----------

Guess they should also remove the epics from reputation. Gogo official forums!