10+ Year Old Account

If chins could kill...

...well, I'm pretty sure Deathwing's really can. But is this the only purpose of armor covering his jaw, or did he lost it and had to replace it with prosthesis?
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

His armor is literally keeping his body from exploding as a result of the power from the demon soul. Without it, he would go BOOM!

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    His armor is literally keeping his body from exploding as a result of the power from the demon soul. Without it, he would go BOOM!
    We never really got the explination as to why he started to rip appart. It could have been the Demon Soul, it could have been the Old Gods, or it could have been his nature as an aspect rebelling against him. All we know is, that very shortly after Neltharion became Deathwing, he literally started comming appart at the seams, and had to have his small army of goblin slaves fuze armour to his flesh to keep himself from exploding.

Khadgar actually almost destroyed him in the Blades Edge Mountains by using a simple cantrip to bend the metal. Deathwing had to run, and Gruul got to go on his dragon killing rampage.

Regardless, his chin is part of that armour, though its probably also supposed to be damned intimidating. Presumably, based on how his neck joins his head though, i'd say his real chin looks quite similar. It's weird that he has such a snub-snout though, considering how every other dragon looks. Even his own children don't have that trait.

deathchin, cousin of deathwing ( human form )