Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I don't think the problems can be laid down at just one class or roles door. I feel for you if you've lost the will to live due to fail tanks but the action of some can make the good tanks think why bother.
    Tanks at lower levels are learning the game and speaking from experience of picking up tanking as I go along there are a lot of crap we have to put up with.
    I've leveled upto 45 via the LFG system and done pretty much all the instances availible to me along the way, and I've come across various players of different skills and abilities.

The ones that annoy me the most is the fully heirloomed I'm leet player who talks about how he managed kingslayer on his main (probably under the top level buff) and how everyone should bow to his skillz. This player is usually one of those WotLK players who has been carried to content and gear they wouldn't ever see if skill was required.
    Instead of me pulling mobs in packs they pull and expect me to pick up the mobs running all over as they run in different directions, then blame me for them having agro when I haven't even hit the mob yet.
    Those who stand in los when I'm pulling mobs outside of a room.
    The warriors who charge in whilst I'm positioning mobs.
    Players using knockback effects and pulling the whole room, about a second after my AoE agro abilities have just gone onto cooldown.
    Players not knowing what role they are playing, a druid going from Kitty to Bear and taunting mobs off me for no reason.
    Players using fear on securely tanked mobs.
    The list of fail is endless.
    You think you've seen it all but every LFG throws up something new.

I can deal with all the above, and just nuckle down and get on with it but what I can't stand is idiots who revert to abuse.
    Omg wipe party rofl, noobs coming from the warrior who chain pulled multiple packs in DM north because he had no awareness of his surroundings. Then proceeds to complain because we are position the Captain away from the end of the hallway so the fears don't end up making players run into the mobs into the next room. Your runining my dps by moving him /facepalm.

Deleted
    with people saying that tanks are leaders are right in a way, they stand at the head of a group (see how i didnt say lead) for they are the vanguard of protection but seriously were not gods gift, i dont think ive ever had a retard healer, even when it changed and every pally was like "bawww holy light is changed" even to some extent ive not had dps that have been complete retards, yeah they dps the wrong mobs but meh if ur a good tank u shrug it off, yeah vie had dps pull there own mobs, so i tank em then tell em off, if they dont listen then most likely they will get kicked. sometimes they learn and most times they dont.

But seriously tanks are the most obnoxious players in this game, just cos of this Gods Gift image that the random tool has given us... and its sad that most people think this becuase most of us are actual good tanks

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Earenbane View Post
    with people saying that tanks are leaders are right in a way, they stand at the head of a group (see how i didnt say lead) for they are the vanguard of protection but seriously were not gods gift, i dont think ive ever had a retard healer, even when it changed and every pally was like "bawww holy light is changed" even to some extent ive not had dps that have been complete retards, yeah they dps the wrong mobs but meh if ur a good tank u shrug it off, yeah vie had dps pull there own mobs, so i tank em then tell em off, if they dont listen then most likely they will get kicked. sometimes they learn and most times they dont.

But seriously tanks are the most obnoxious players in this game, just cos of this Gods Gift image that the random tool has given us... and its sad that most people think this becuase most of us are actual good tanks
    WTB some Grammar. Wow mate, you're English teachers are ashamed...
    Cheers.
    If you say the game is too easy, try the hard-modes.
    If you say that every casual in the game has end-game lvl gear, try the hard-modes.

i got my gnome priest to 65 being the healer i havent had your issues.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well...some tanks are bad and, like all bads, are in denial about being bad. They will rage at you when you point out what they are doing is bad...or simply rage period. You should be careful to not confuse this with tanks that are mean. I am a very mean tank. You pull it, you tank it. That's the end of the story. Don't want to die from things? Don't do them. I'm your tank...not your faery godmother out granting you wishes and leading you on a merry walk through an enchanted garden. Complaining a tank let you die because you pulled something is when the wheel of blame has turned full circle and YOU'RE the bad that is in denial.

Pay attention or pay repairs. Your choice.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by omglaserzpewpew View Post
    It's not about epeen, it's about teaching people their place so that they can contribute to the greatest benefit. The tank is the leader, DPS and Healers are followers.
    This gets on my nerfs big time, Tanks are NOT the leaders of a group. All are equal, if there should be a leader at all in a dungeon it's the most capable person and sorry to bust you bubble but thats not the tank by default. As for pulling in cata most pulls will be done by the dps with a cc move. I know alot of tanks who are going to have ego problems with this. This whole this role is worth more then others is bullshit. None can clear a dungeon or raid without the other 2 roles. Try to get that into your heads tanks. All are equal so stop acting like your allmighty just cause of short queues

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Well...some tanks are bad and, like all bads, are in denial about being bad. They will rage at you when you point out what they are doing is bad...or simply rage period. You should be careful to not confuse this with tanks that are mean. I am a very mean tank. You pull it, you tank it. That's the end of the story. Don't want to die from things? Don't do them. I'm your tank...not your faery godmother out granting you wishes and leading you on a merry walk through an enchanted garden. Complaining a tank let you die because you pulled something is when the wheel of blame has turned full circle and YOU'RE the bad that is in denial.

Pay attention or pay repairs. Your choice.
    Hmm, being the mean tank seems like what I would call, a "bad" tank.

Don't be the guy that has to pull everything, OR ELSE. If a friend, or group member pulls a mob, Shit... I'm happy, he's doing damage instead of dicking around. If you lack the will or ability to pick up mobs, however it may be, (obviously not like 6-10+) then you're just being stubborn and awful. Using your abilities, taunt, stun, or even a random threat ability on a mob a group member pulled... whew.. THATS TOO MUCH TO ASK. I feel good that I pick up those mobs, and letting my group feel at ease, dps as hard as they can, knowing their tank will use his abilities, instead of watching a mob kill someone. Fkin dbag tanks.

I think the main issue of dps starting a pull is that they aint letting the tank do his role.

I was doing Stratholme the other night and dps gave me a whole 0.5 secs before nuking. I just auto attack from there cos tbh I cba trying to do my role if other cba to do theirs properly. If healer heals them up thats upto him I dont ask him/her to leave to fend for themselves etc. But i have seen many a healer refuse to heal stupid DPS out of principle.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    YOU have been grouping with bad paladins. Either that, or the prot really out geared the ret. Or AoE was involved. But single target, a good ret will out dps a good prot of equal gear.
    Well I do believe that is blizzards intention with the spec... Otherwise it would be pretty redundant one would assume..

Quote Originally Posted by Zeklor View Post
    This gets on my nerfs big time, Tanks are NOT the leaders of a group. All are equal, if there should be a leader at all in a dungeon it's the most capable person and sorry to bust you bubble but thats not the tank by default. As for pulling in cata most pulls will be done by the dps with a cc move. I know alot of tanks who are going to have ego problems with this. This whole this role is worth more then others is bullshit. None can clear a dungeon or raid without the other 2 roles. Try to get that into your heads tanks. All are equal so stop acting like your allmighty just cause of short queues
    You obviously have never tanked. As tank you are expected to lead the group. The group expects you to know the pulls, the positioning, the boss fights, etc. A dps can get by following the group not knowing the fights, a tank cannot.