To people complaining about Mages and their portals...

WTF is wrong with you people? 10-15g is the STANDARD tip for any "service" someone provides for you. You can get that gold from doing ONE stinking daily!... I've been giving that amount for services provided (ie Flasks, Enchants, Tailoring enchants) since BC. How is getting the time saving "service" of a portal any differant? It's just a common courtesy. Is gold REALLY that hard to come by you cheap fucks.

And Mages... If you are charging more then 15g for a port you are a greedy scumfuck and deserve to be charged over the top prices for any "services" you buy from other players...
    Wildanimal
    80 Night Elf Druid
    Resto/Feral tank

http://www.wowhead.com/item=17032
    Vendor cost: 20 silver.

What? If you get tipped 5 gold, be happy, if you get tipped 10 gold, be happy, if you get tipped 15 gold, be happy. Honestly.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    u mad?
    Nope.

When I'm on my Mage I don't charge people, if they want to give me 5g, they can. If they're going to take the port and run, then that's fine too, I make enough gold from the other things I do to cover the cost of the rune.

10+ Year Old Account
    Herecius, it's more the fact that the mage has to go through the hassle of buying reagents and most importantly inviting that person, waiting for the guy to get to him or the other way around and making the portal. This takes around 1 minute. Not much, but probably worth more than the lousy 15 gold.

Go kill three mobs outside of Dalaran and you probably have 15g if any white or green drops.

Stop whining.. And I ain't even a mage.

Deleted
    its not just the rediculous selfishness of 90% of the mages that play its the rediculous spam you have all given us since the portals went away its painful to all the mages out there SHUT UP ABOUT PORTALS

and to all the lazy players fueling these mages stop being lazy get to a FP and go take a break call your loved ones eat something its good to take a break from wow once in a while it will do us all some good

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17032
    Vendor cost: 20 silver.
    And when a JC cuts a gem for someone, does he have to use a reagent he bought? No, the payment is for his SERVICE.

Quote Originally Posted by Koen View Post
    Herecius, it's more the fact that the mage has to go through the hassle of buying reagents and most importantly inviting that person, waiting for the guy to get to him or the other way around and making the portal. This takes around 1 minute. Not much, but probably worth more than the lousy 15 gold.

Go kill three mobs outside of Dalaran and you probably have 15g if any white or green drops.

Stop whining.. And I ain't even a mage.
    The problem was more in the comparison with profession tips, and it takes far more effort to level profession than it does to talk to your trainer and learn Portal: Dalaran. Tips are tips, they aren't a fee, it's silly to make them one. It doesn't effect me either way, as if I want to go to Northrend, I just Wormhole there.

---------- Post added 2010-11-27 at 08:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Takanasi View Post
    And when a JC cuts a gem for someone, does he have to use a reagent he bought? No, the payment is for his SERVICE.
    Did the mage have to level his portalling skill to 400, and then learn his Portal: Dalaran from the Portal Token Vendor by doing dailies?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildanimal View Post
    WTF is wrong with you people? 10-15g is the STANDARD tip for any "service" someone provides for you. You can get that gold from doing ONE stinking daily!... I've been giving that amount for services provided (ie Flasks, Enchants, Tailoring enchants) since BC. How is getting the time saving "service" of a portal any differant? It's just a common courtesy. Is gold REALLY that hard to come by you cheap fucks.

And Mages... If you are charging more then 15g for a port you are a greedy scumfuck and deserve to be charged over the top prices for any "services" you buy from other players...
    Do you expect to pay for Kings or Might or Fort or whatever else that is a talent and not a profession?

I don't ask for gold on my Mage. Most people give me 20g, sometimes 50g. Feels good.

OMG quit your QQing on both sides. My main is not a Mage but I have one. I personally don't even mess with portals for anyone except people I know. But the people bitching about the price, pay it or take the boat. The Mage owes you nothing. If he wants 80 Gold so be it. Either pay it or don't that is your choice. The market will dictate the price.

If you could sell ore for 200 gold a stack you would, plain and simple. As for the comment about leveling other professions take time, then level your own Mage. See what takes longer, getting a Mage to 80 or JC to 450.

I swear people whine about everything in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by madyaks View Post
    Do you expect to pay for Kings or Might or Fort or whatever else that is a talent and not a profession?
    This is the worst analogy. I have never seen a Mage charge for a portal for their raid members. And as a pally I have never had random people whisper me over and over for a kings buff. Do you have any idea how many whispers a mage gets when online?
    Last edited by davesurfer; 2010-11-27 at 04:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    if I try to charge a fee for opening lockboxes on my rogue I get all kinds of grief,and it takes more time to level lockpicking then it takes to get your portal training.Ask for tips and if you get something great if not deal with it.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

One guy on my server was charging 100g, saying he "preys on the lazy". I admit it is a little annoying to get used to, but i rather take the long way then pay 100g to some greedy people who just sit in one spot all day.

"Never argue with idiots, because they'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience ~ friendly advice"

Guys on my server are mostly nice atm. Alot of Mages doing it for free. Those are true Mages! The rest of you should be ashamed...

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Did the mage have to level his portalling skill to 400, and then learn his Portal: Dalaran from the Portal Token Vendor by doing dailies?
    No but the point is they're both doing the exact same amount of effort into the act that they're getting paid for. I've trained a bunch of professions and I don't see any difference between getting paid for my JC services and my portaling services. I enjoy the benefits of having those skills at my disposal and i charge equally for both.

It's not like jewelcrafters only train the profession to cut gems for other people, and that's the whole point here.
    Last edited by Takanasi; 2010-11-27 at 04:49 PM.

15g for stonard portal ?
    meh id rather take the free portals to blasted lands and move from there on my own
    atleast thats what ive been doing for the past few months when going for kara mount run