Deleted

levelling from 72-80, spec?

Have returned to level my DK from 72 to 80 before Cata but am very much out of touch with DK builds and talents. I may occasionally tank a dungeon but want a good dps spec that can also take on a few mobs at a time, what would you recommend?

A basic rotation would be great as well :-)

Cheers
    Last edited by mmocc8a05f3ccf; 2010-11-27 at 04:49 PM.

first thing that comes to my mind is blood.. self heal and good dps.. and you can tank almost any instance if not all instances for your level..

frost dps is amazing now, both single target and AOE, not to mention that it is a lot of fun. I have not tried unholy since the patch, but my gear blows considering I abandoned my DK in 3.1 and I still have a few blues and ilvl 200 epics.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

I leveled my DK as blood in 4.0.1. It was pretty quick and you always had full health with DS.

Deleted
    Blood Tank spec. Awesome for soloing and instaqueue for instances.

I went Frost bc of superior dps and unholy for pvp. i really like Frost over Blood now that i know the rotations. i dont tank so that has had soem impact on the spec that I chose. I recently started a Blood spec on another server and dont really like it now that the rotations have changed. It just doesnt feel fun anymore. With the cost for dual spec and respec being so cheap i would say play around and see what feel right for you. defenatly recommend Unholy for pvp.
    My rotations are mostly pvp focused but also use it for pve for forst I start with a macro for death grip and icy chains then icy touch, plauge strike, obliterate, festering strike, obliterate, deathcoil deathcoil and howling blast rinse repeat. I also use strangulate and mind freeze alot as well as dropping d&d when i can. It works for me even though i know its not the most effecient rotation.
    Last edited by Walterodim; 2010-11-27 at 06:48 PM.

Deleted
    I would say blood too, since it's a tank spec, so great with dungeons. But also not hitting too bad, and the self heals are amazing.

Currently leveling as unholy, love bursting down every mob extremely quick. Great also since im on a pvp server :P