15+ Year Old Account

Why is there no Male Naga Spellcasters?

It doesn't make that much sense... in Wota there were male highbourne working for Azshara..

Deleted
    because they're not smart enough ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    It doesn't make that much sense... in Wota there were male highbourne working for Azshara..
    I'm sure that's part of the description that the mutation had different effects on the males than it did on the females

In times of old in night elf society males were druids, and only druids, females priests and only priests.

Naga society is female casters male warriors.

Sure druids can cast spells, but have the sexes being different castes as naga is no different than when they were night elf.

Kinda makes sense.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    In times of old in night elf society males were druids, and only druids, females priests and only priests.

Naga society is female casters male warriors.

Sure druids can cast spells, but have the sexes being different castes as naga is no different than when they were night elf.

Kinda makes sense.
    Uh.. that's only recently because back in Azshara's time there was only one Night Elf druid..

i read somewhere that male naga's are more insane/primal then female naga so they were mostly warriors and the females were mages, priests etc..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapwn View Post
    i read somewhere that male naga's are more insane/primal then female naga so they were mostly warriors and the females were mages, priests etc..
    This is all subject to change should Blizzard decide to retcon them into playable races

There are no female melee naga either. I think its so you can tell which mob is going to do what before you pull. So you can CC without having prior knowledge of the mobs abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Males are less sophisticated, they are better at swinging around giant swords and what not.
    Unofficial Playable Sethrak Thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2796109?page=1

I have a better question: Who cares?

15+ Year Old Account
    wowwiki says:

Naga society is female dominated; they are considered the intellectual superiors and possess the greater magical power. Males can rise to prominence and even lead communities, but there is a limit to what they can achieve.
    i guess we don't see those special males out in the field.

Deleted
    Sexual dimorphism

Naga males and females have different features; in their transformation, males lost some of their intelligence[8] but increased in size and strength. Their faces now appear almost draconic with little resemblance to their Elven heritage. Females kept more of their Elven features and their intelligence. Naga female faces are fair, even beautiful. Most females have four arms.

Naga culture is complex. A clear delineation exists between the sexes. Naga men serve as soldiers and guardians while naga women are natural spellcasters and rely on magic and poison to defeat their enemies. Naga men are more numerous, but as naga consider their women to be magically and intellectually superior, their society is matriarchal. Women occupy most positions of leadership, and all naga pay homage to their queen, Azshara. Several ranks and types of naga exist. Naga myrmidons and royal guards, for instance, are strong males and powerful melee fighters; naga sirens are female mages.[1]

Naga society is female dominated; they are considered the intellectual superiors and possess the greater magical power.[1] Males can rise to prominence and even lead communities, but there is a limit to what they can achieve. In terms of class, this makes them the opposite of the night elves they evolved from, where males typically work magic and females fight (though the kaldorei lack intellect-based prejudice).

Naga are avaricious and sadistic, and their millennia of aquatic banishment has only intensified their evil, power-hungry nature.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Naga#Sexual_dimorphism

/thread

Becuase their mutation emphasized their already (feminine casters ,masculine warrior) idea . To add to that their physical state where also changed making female far more nimble and elegant with elongated bodies while the males where far more sturdy as naga and ridged so they naturally turned to physical combat as their physical traits gave them a bigger advantage while the females bodies where hardly suited for hand to hand combat but still turned to archery due to their liquid like forms.
    Also as sources say- the males lost their intelligence leading the females to dominate the naga society.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulPoetry View Post
    wowwiki says:

i guess we don't see those special males out in the field.
    Well magical prowess doesn't mean they're intellectual gods. Warlord Kalithresh is a smart Naga, and one of the higher ups in the naga invasion for example. High Warlord Najentus is an even better example as he too is both adept at magic and melee, and really high up in the chain of command.

Good quote btw.
    Elementium on Knaak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    ~The naaru have not forgotten us... BUT CHRIST METZEN HAS!~

Deleted
    i have never seen an male naga in a shool, never seen a male nage at an uni... i heard they dont get to vote either.
    we have to help our fishy bretheren! join N.A.M.B.L.A Naga against matrichic behavior league azeroth

10+ Year Old Account
    Naga would be a totally awesome and unique playable race.
    Where male and female would have different class options... It'd be so awesome, their customization options could be awesome too.
    /hopes for Naga in the future.
    Unofficial Playable Sethrak Thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2796109?page=1