Page 1 of 2
LastLast

No cinematic for Caine vs garrosh??

I think they should have made one srsly...

what do you think?

It would have been awesome if they've had one included in the cinematic. It should have shown many different things happening, like tbc or vanilla one.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

They should make more cinematic i enjoy watching them, also where is the WoW movei :[

10+ Year Old Account
    they might do something along the lines of what they did of Lament of the hyborne with a cinematic using in game graphics
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Atica View Post
    It would have been awesome if they've had one included in the cinematic. It should have shown many different things happening, like tbc or vanilla one.
    that would have been cool---also showing magni on his way to drink that potion in clips and bits---as well as other people trying to talk to the elements, que deathwing and hellfire
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    they might do something along the lines of what they did of Lament of the hyborne with a cinematic using in game graphics
    I think that would be appropiate, but wouldn't it have been there already if they were gonna make it?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    They could have just added some text somewhere to properly explain what happened.

From the game, all you get is that "Garrosh and Cairne disagreed, Magatha poisoned Garrosh's axe, Garrosh killed Cairne". The reasons why they fought and why Baine doesn't press retribution against Garrosh are not discussed at all in game, and people who haven't read the Shattering will probably get completely the wrong idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, it would be a good idea for a cinematic having them duel and Cairne suddenly collapse and have Garrosh and his buddies drive out the grimtotems, and then it switches the camera to his son Baine putting on a crown or something etc.

Deleted
    So there isn't a questline ending with a 'wrathgate' cinematic to show what happened here for Garrosh vs Caine (horde) or Magni (alliance)? {disappointed and sulking}

Pah, det got in there before me

Quote Originally Posted by Sarog View Post
    They could have just added some text somewhere to properly explain what happened.

From the game, all you get is that "Garrosh and Cairne disagreed, Magatha poisoned Garrosh's axe, Garrosh killed Cairne". The reasons why they fought and why Baine doesn't press retribution against Garrosh are not discussed at all in game, and people who haven't read the Shattering will probably get completely the wrong idea.
    Agreed. Even a "listen to my story" type of quest would have been better than nothing. Hell, we got three of those types of quests just to go punch a dragon in the face, and while that's totally awesome, I'm disappointed that they spent time on that, and neglected all of these stories.

I read the Shattering, and I liked it, but not everyone wants to go get the book to keep up with major events. Replacing three faction leaders overnight is a major event....and when people ask "what happened", answering "go look it up", or "go read the book", is kind of lame.

I always liked the Old Bull.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

Deleted
    sounds like you guys should do the cinematic storyboard. Because the cata cinematic was all flash and no substance.

Random gemming of Deathwings gear + vindaloo farts and shouting at some statues OUTSIDE of stormwind.

I admit a few 5 second clips of the "story so far" elements would've have been intriguing .

Judging from the cinematic. This expansion should just be called "Deathwinged"

It happened before the shattering of Azeroth, so how would they show that after it happened?

Oh, thats just what we need, even MORE Alliance QQ about us getting a better racial leader cinematic.

They make cinematics for only two reasons. To sell the game, or to enhance the story. Making this would do neither. It happened in the past in game so why put one in game for it? A brown monster fighting a minotaur makes no sense in a tv commercial to potential new players so that's out also.

They already explained it in the book The Shattering

All we got was a few sentences of summary in the Tauren intro sequence.

My bet? I'll be in caverns of time someday down the road. Just watch -- and little horde me will try and jump in and stop Garrosh anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by JFetch View Post
    It happened before the shattering of Azeroth, so how would they show that after it happened?
    Easy. Put statues up of cairne in mulgore and magni in Ironforge. When you click the plaque an ingame cinematic pops up showing what happens. Aka do it exactly as they did with the LK.

---------- Post added 2010-11-27 at 10:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JFetch View Post
    They make cinematics for only two reasons. To sell the game, or to enhance the story. Making this would do neither. It happened in the past in game so why put one in game for it? A brown monster fighting a minotaur makes no sense in a tv commercial to potential new players so that's out also.
    Your right it wouldnt enhance the story in any way. There is no story. Cairne and Magni just disappeared one day and were replaced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance gets Genn Greymane.
    Horde loses Cairne Bloodhoof.

Favoritism?

Fuck 2 mounts, Cairne man. Cairne.

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    Easy. Put statues up of cairne in mulgore and magni in Ironforge. When you click the plaque an ingame cinematic pops up showing what happens. Aka do it exactly as they did with the LK.

---------- Post added 2010-11-27 at 10:04 PM ----------

Your right it wouldnt enhance the story in any way. There is no story. Cairne and Magni just disappeared one day and were replaced.
    It wouldn't enhance the current story any since it's in the past. The OP wants a cinematic of it, not statues.