Question about Alliance Storyline in Stonetalon (from a Hordie, possibly spoilers)

Granted, I didn't see too many alliance in Stonetalon, but I know some of you were there and I hope you could answer my question.

When I Was getting near the end of the Horde line of quests in the zone, a quest giver dropped a big bombshell on me. Apparently, the Alliance had formed an (*gasp!*) alliance with the Grimtotem Tauren. Sure enough, there are a bunch of Grimtotem tauren just below the southeastern-most alliance base in the zone, and the Alliance aren't attacking them, but aren't fighting beside them either.

Is this explained at all in any of the alliance quests in the zone?
    Last edited by asher1611; 2010-11-27 at 10:42 PM. Reason: clarify title

It's not really an alliance. The Alliance notice the Grimtotem are fighting the Horde, and toss them a few weapons. As you can probably tell from the Horde-side quests, the Alliance is on the losing side in Stonetalon and they are desperate for anything that will slow the Horde advance down.

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    It's not really an alliance. The Alliance notice the Grimtotem are fighting the Horde, and toss them a few weapons. As you can probably tell from the Horde-side quests, the Alliance is on the losing side in Stonetalon and they are desperate for anything that will slow the Horde advance down.
    This. It's more of a "enemy if my enemy" thing. We do not like the grimtotem but anyone who can drop a Tauren like magatha is okay in my book.

Thanks. I was curious.