Post Your best healing partner is?

As cataclysm approaches people in my guild are changing roles for something fresh, I am most likely healing again ( but that is another story ) and will have a resto druid partner, I figured who better to ask than the resto druids who is your best healing partner in the new raids coming up. Only healer that I wont play this time around is a shaman, and just how bad would two resto druids be?

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a druid obviously, but classes that pair well with them are holy pallies and priests. Priests are more versatile as they can fill pretty much any healing niche. Massive AOE damage? Holy time! Massive single target? Discalicious!
    I love priests and will be rolling one in Cata. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    You might want some changes to your usual setup. Every healer ingame gets a new AoE heal (Healing Rain/Holy Word: Can't Remember/Holy Radiance/Efflorence) and HoTs alone doesn't heal the tank at the hour of danger. Any healer could be a "perfect" healing partner. Dr00d + Shammie = Earth Shield/That Weapon HoT Proc/Chain Heal + Regulare HoTs. Pally + Dr00d = Direct Heal/Fast Holy Lights + HoTs. Priest + Dr00d = Shielding/Chakra + HoTs. Would depend actually on which of them who's going to be your partner.

Best druid partner is another druid because druids are the best healers.

While I do honestly believe that, Zalene got it mostly right. All healing classes are basically the same now in terms of what they have to offer. They just do them in unique ways. Also druids won't be assigned to "keep hots on everyone" anymore...We may still get raid duty, but we'll be keeping lifebloom on the tank and using a lot more of that Nourish Ability people are probably dusting off.

Stood in the Fire Doctor Deanster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    a hunter.
    on a more serious note a druid

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone that can heal well, sub a disc priest :S imho

Thanks to Arostatic for the amazing sigs, You sir are a superstar
    Toooooons: Kepasaa - Skrt - Magenx - Phreshh - Kepasa

Thanks guys, I guess I'll just have to mull it over based on which one throws more appealing colored sparkles, haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pallys are beast right now at 85. But, don't expect them to stay that way. Anything can change between now and 85 but with the way blizz changed things, you can heal with anyone just have to change your strategy a bit for each combo.

You probably don't want two druids though, having variety is always better in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinthe View Post
    Thanks guys, I guess I'll just have to mull it over based on which one throws more appealing colored sparkles, haha.
    Disc priests might be your thing then, they get not one but TWO spells with shiny wings, plus bubbles! Who doesn't like bubbles!?

go for whatever you need in your 10/25man setup. if you need a bloodluster go for shaman, if you need kings/might go pala, if you need stamina buff go priest. Unless you have a favoured class i suggest trying out whatever your guild is needing.

So, a healing partner, eh? You want a smart one. Class doesn't really matter in the long run, if you two learn each other, and work well with each other.
    Past 'rigs in service (Now the dad's gaming rig):

Current 'rigs:

I play a disc priest and my best healing partner so far is a resto druid from my guild we really team up well.

Thank you for your input, I did actually enjoy playing my priest as discipline (I have all healer classes at 80 and have raided with them at various levels of difficulty) and its good to hear that it is a nice partner with a resto druid. I'd consider my partner to be a pretty good player, as am I, so that isn't a worry. I had read on here before that in the beta priests were doing really poorly, but that was a while ago. Maybe I should go visit their forum and ask around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for your input, I did actually enjoy playing my priest as discipline (I have all healer classes at 80 and have raided with them at various levels of difficulty) and its good to hear that it is a nice partner with a resto druid. I'd consider my partner to be a pretty good player, as am I, so that isn't a worry. I had read on here before that in the beta priests were doing really poorly, but that was a while ago. Maybe I should go visit their forum and ask around.
    They were, they were actually pretty horrible. Blizz just super buffed them though so it should have evened them out if not put them ahead.

Ahhh well that is good news then, glad to hear it.

As cataclysm approaches people in my guild are changing roles for something fresh, I am most likely healing again ( but that is another story ) and will have a resto druid partner, I figured who better to ask than the resto druids who is your best healing partner in the new raids coming up. Only healer that I wont play this time around is a shaman, and just how bad would two resto druids be?
    I know it's not what you want to play, but as a resto druid my best healing partner is a shaman. It's worked out that way in the last 2 guilds I've been in. It may just be the fact that I am familiar healing with them, but to me it fits like a glove.

Pallys run a close second.

---------- Post added 2010-11-27 at 11:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Diber View Post
    So, a healing partner, eh? You want a smart one. Class doesn't really matter in the long run, if you two learn each other, and work well with each other.
    And this.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

Personally i like Disc Priest when i'm healing. But our guilds Holy pala is a joy to heal alongside too. 2 Druids isn't ideal, sure it works, but with Nourish now being on a half hour cast time, you'll be missing out on decent throughput and quick heals