Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have been Druid tank from BC. I do have every tank class at 80 and always way way prefer the druid. I know you can tab spam lac,maul but when you jump on a less geared warrior,pally,dk and the play is so much more easy your left with one choice, Kill the bear. I personally hate it makes me sad, all the achi good for nothing, I could play the Druid but every time I log on him it makes me sad he is broke. It's like running on a broken leg you feel the leg there but you remember when it was good and now it just hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hecow View Post
    Have been Druid tank from BC. I do have every tank class at 80 and always way way prefer the druid. I know you can tab spam lac,maul but when you jump on a less geared warrior,pally,dk and the play is so much more easy your left with one choice, Kill the bear. I personally hate it makes me sad, all the achi good for nothing, I could play the Druid but every time I log on him it makes me sad he is broke. It's like running on a broken leg you feel the leg there but you remember when it was good and now it just hurts.
    Just think in 3 days your leg will heal and you won't feel this way..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bavarcarus View Post
    I don't really understand all the references to 'coupled with thrash,' If you were served a moldy piece of bread with some good looking eggs, would you eat the bread since the eggs looked good? The introduction of thrash does not mean you should ever use swipe, it means you thrash the mobs then tab target to actually put threat on them.
    IT makes no sence since afaik swipe shares a cooldown with trash , we won't be using both ;/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubalus View Post
    IT makes no sence since afaik swipe shares a cooldown with trash , we won't be using both ;/
    If this is true it would be the most ridiculous thing ever. Why get a second aoe move if it can't be used in conjunction with the first aoe move?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Swipe and Thrash have separate cooldowns

Pretty much just make the macro:

#showtooltip
    /cast sequence reset=6 Thrash, Swipe
    /cast [nomod] Maul

and remember.... Swipe is going to get EVEN worse when we replace out 2T10 bonus.

The news of Bears being broken is spreading rather fast.

If I am running a Heroic with guildies or friends, its fine tanking for them because they understand that Bears are on a bit low side atm but yesterday i queued for random, got in the instance and this is what i get from other players "sorry but we can't have a bear tank in a group, they make it difficult for us to dps" and i got kicked, then i queued for random again and i get "sorry no bear tanks" and this time 2 dps left the group. I am almost full 277 gear, i have been tanking for a while and am really good at it.

This is just frustrating, Devs really need to look over the bear tank

Ran another couple randoms last night, and at the beginning of each, I told the group:

"Bear tanking was nerfed, please let me get aggro, DO NOT start DPSing as soon as I pull". It worked for the first couple of pulls...and then after that, the mage and warlock would start spamming as hard as they could as soon as I charged in.

Second dungeon, same deal pretty much. I tell them to let me get aggro, they do for the first few pulls, but then forget about it and repeatedly pull mobs off me for the rest of the dungeon.

What Mega said, I haven't seen yet, but I guess it's getting to that, on some servers. Come ON blizz! Are you too lazy to hotfix a few things with bear? At least for now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Since swipe hits extremely weak now, I think that they should reduce it's CD to 3 seconds to match the CD of hammer of righteousness... even if it means having it share CD with maul. I lose AOE aggro way too easily in large AOE raid pulls, even though I put thorns on myself right before the pull, I just keep tabbing through targets using maul/mangle/lacerate while I wait for my swipe to come off of CD.

Druid tanks are definitely the worst AOE tanks at the moment in my opinion, just look at their arsenal... They only have 1 AOE damaging ability and that is swipe which hits extremely weak and it has a 6 second cooldown. Considering that swipe now hits for about 30% higher than it did before 4.0, it is absolutely absurd to have it on a 6 second cooldown.

When it was critting for 5-6k in heroics, it was OK to have it on a 6 second cooldown, but right now it crits for less than 1.8k (with enrage) as opposed to 1.2k pre 4.0
    Last edited by nwo; 2010-12-03 at 07:29 PM.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Deleted
    Another hotfix yesterday and not even a wiff about Swipe.. =/ After lvl81 and after couple dungeons in tanking duty, I might just change my main to paladin if Thrash is gonna be, well... Trash :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... from my napkin math Thrash should be hitting for around 1700 on a non-crit with around 700 bleed damage with 10k attack power (which seems reasonable to me at 81-85 with vengeance etc). Which isn't too bad really.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-