Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I have found mages to be rather easy to fight. With a 40 yard judgement, and Avenging Shield.

I start a mage fight like this AS>HoJ>HOR>(AS if proced)Judge if AS didnt

I also Torrent just as HOJ wears off to silence them longer. If they iceblock then I move behind them so when they blink I can judgement or Avenging Shield them when they try to invis.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Frost Mage here. Generally the only time I lose to a Prot Paladin is when I'm caught with everything on CD, including shields etc. Any other time, and it's just too easy to counter everything you do. Blow your CD's? Sure, I'll be more than happy to kite and spellsteal, whilst ice lancing and freezing you in place with my pet. If you get in melee range, then CoC or Frost Nova > Blink > Shatter > Dead.

Although in saying this, I do find Ret Paladins harder to deal with than Prot, but that's for another thread :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sym View Post
    Frost Mage here. Generally the only time I lose to a Prot Paladin is when I'm caught with everything on CD, including shields etc. Any other time, and it's just too easy to counter everything you do. Blow your CD's? Sure, I'll be more than happy to kite and spellsteal, whilst ice lancing and freezing you in place with my pet. If you get in melee range, then CoC or Frost Nova > Blink > Shatter > Dead.

Although in saying this, I do find Ret Paladins harder to deal with than Prot, but that's for another thread :P
    Then you have faced some really bad prot paladins.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomirizer View Post
    Then you have faced some really bad prot paladins.
    I've met my fair share of both bad and good Prot Paladins, all of which I will generally beat in a 1v1 scenario.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glaro View Post
    mages are the most rediculously op class ever created
    /end of thread
    What a very helpful reply.

On topic, Frost mages are ridicilous right now. Better wait for cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by etsumii View Post
    What a very helpful reply.

On topic, Frost mages are ridicilous right now. Better wait for cataclysm.
    Everyone whines about frost mages and its annoying. Its true they're really good, but if you're good you can beat them. You don't need to wait until cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Brashara View Post
    Everyone whines about frost mages and its annoying. Its true they're really good, but if you're good you can beat them. You don't need to wait until cataclysm.
    This, pretty much. Except if the frost mage is also good. But if you've watched Beta PvP videos, fights take significantly longer and are far more tactical than we currently experience at 80.
    Last edited by belfpala; 2010-11-30 at 03:36 AM.