Poll: Tank/Heal/DPS hardest to do

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Hardest Spec to play POLL (Tank/DPS/Heals) In general

What do you believe is the hardest to do

All and yet none. Every one of the three have challenges; and all have simplicities as well. It is impossible to say any is hardest, for it is simply not possible to compare them.

10+ Year Old Account
    DPS, it's the easiest to learn and the hardest to master.

Quote Originally Posted by DrKirre View Post
    All and yet none. Every one of the three have challenges; and all have simplicities as well. It is impossible to say any is hardest, for it is simply not possible to compare them.

yeah mate u cant compare tank-dps-heals. they all have a different style of play and what not.... but people who get hit the hards(flamed) would have to be tanks imo
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

I'm a dps, and i vote tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    tank by far, being aware of the surroundings, other people, your own rotations, retards, and syncing with the other tanks in the raids is the hardest. Healer is a close second though.

Heals, in Cata. Not so much because it's technically challenging, but because everything was so spikey, requiring tons of cross screen attention. Ie - watching grid and making sure you're not in the fire.
    Tanking isn't super challenging, it's the asummption people make that the tank is leading the group/raid/whatever. People generally don't have the patience or forsight to plan out 10 man, let alone 25 man raid requirements.
    Dps has and always will be the easiest.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends. All of them are easy to "Play" to actually be good at them though? Other things factor into it, such as class. It's a much more varied subject that just "Tank" "DPS" "Healer".

Me personally? I've played tank to 9/12 HC ICC. DPS to 12/12 ICC and healer to 8/12 ICC.

Tank has been the hardest for me to play.
    Thanks Batpanic for the amazing Sig!

Deleted
    Tank is the hardest. Dps tbh is very easy, doesn't take long untill you have gained maximum potential.

Let's see from playing all 3 i'd say neither are hard. However the tank job (at least in the past) was so easy it wasn't even funny. To not maintain aggroo you were a failure usually unless it was a very odd fight, lady dw. If a tank fails its usually like wtf, because all you have to do is stand usually in a spot and hold them, there are a few exceptions to this but i mean if you look at half the fights in icc at least the tank is doing the same thing. Standing there. Heals are interesting, so say it's hard is yet again a stretch. Just keep people topped off it's all about knowing what to do and who to heal. Dps is easy again but probably comes under the most scrutiny out of any class regularly. It is pretty much the only play style that will get lectured on a daily basis about their skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakeer View Post
    tank by far, being aware of the surroundings, other people, your own rotations, retards, and syncing with the other tanks in the raids is the hardest. Healer is a close second though.
    Yet being a tank or a healer is the least rewarding. Sucks to be us :'<
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by belgicanofl View Post
    Tank is the hardest. Dps tbh is very easy, doesn't take long untill you have gained maximum potential.
    Oh? Dps is THAT easy? Go tell that to all the dps out there who have incredible gear and still do bad dps. Or to some who can't even move out of fire and then QQ the healer because they did not keep them alive? If it was that easy, all dps would be amazing.

Tank because everything is always your fault. Same goes for Healer.

I cant believe people have actually voted DPS as the hardest.

sorry to spoil your thoughts

I'm sorry but "Tanking" is not the hardest role in a raid, in fact its proably one of the easiest... Im not going to say it was never the hardest job but in Wotlk and proably into cataclysm its not the hardest role... As a tank you have one job on most every boss fight Pick up the Targets *adds* at the right time , hold agro , and stand in the right place. On most boss fights all the tank has to do is stand in one place and hold agro... its the healers jobs to keep the tanks alive, raid alive and not die themselves to the many other mechanics that someone with 1/2 the tanks lives cant live through.. and as DPs its your job to make sure your on the right target not causing extra damage to yourself or the raid and make sure your following your rotation to maximize your potential at all times... Personaly ive played all three roles in Raids and Just about every class and spec to date, and as a tank as long as im holding agro and standing in the right place the raid could care less ... theres not many mechanics tank specific that can kill me in 1 hit if i mess up , but as heals its realy aparant when i dont heal the right person and they die ... or when i dont put out enough damge to kill something in time...

You get my point as a tank you normaly have 1-5 adds a time if your standing in the right place with agro then your jobs complete end of story...

Hardest Role in my mind is Dps because Raid spots are competive these days and you have to be at the top of your game you cant overdps a target meaning the skys the limit...

Heals. Prevent as much damage as possible(Bubbles, HoTs). Heal(duh). Get out of the fire.

DPS. Do your rotation. Get out of fire. Watch threat.

Tanks. Hold threat. Use CDs appropriately. Get out of fire.

Really, nothing in this game is "hard" anymore. I'm not saying that Vanilla was amazing and oh so much harder, but there was less information out there about fights, mechanics, and rotations. Now, you can google your rotation, gemming, enchanting, and whatever boss fight strategies you need. Hell, there's even videos of each.

If I had to pick one, I'd choose heals and tanks. Both of those have to know everything about the fight while dps typically only have to know about 1-2 mechanics to avoid.

In Wotlk, none of them were particularly hard. But because of reaction time and having to focus on grid AND your screen, I would say healers were the hardest. The big reason though was because of the amount of damage that could be done so quickly. Literally, if you blink at grid, or blink at your toon standing in fire, you or someone else died. For me, it was just hard to keep focus on those two things when anyone could literally die in 2 GCDs

In Cata, I think tanks go back to being the hardest. Healers definitely have more 'strategy' now, but it is about thinking rather than reflexes. Tanks still have to deal with a multitude of things going on at the same time. Once my bear tank gets thrash, it will be somewhat easier though. IMHO, DK tanks will be the hardest to play. You have to watch so many buffs, your runes, your procss and your toon. The one forgivness in Cata though is because of stamina, almost everyone survive a few GCDs if the tank misses an add.

10+ Year Old Account
    Healing.
    It's going to be a shitload harder come Cata than it was in Wrath; and even in Wrath it wasn't all that easy.
    Who remembers getting yelled at for 'Not healing harder' when Blood Queen first came out? She wasn't easy yo, and that was almost as tank-and-spank as you could get..

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm i pla yall three so this is difficult as far as twitch game play. Heals is the hardest until you overgear the encounters, although most of the fight doesnt apply to you. First time in icc i ask rl before every boss if there was anything special i needed to do and most of the timethe answer was no just heal. Tanks must know encounters but the job itself is easy well before threat nerfs and by far the easiest to me. Now a good dps that keeps his max rotation rolling when movement is involved and can keep good uptime while not standing in anything and switch to adds or w/e fast is pretty skilled.
    85 priest working on my dk next