Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I dropped tailoring some time ago to learn engineering. I thought about dropping engineering too because it won't be worth in the rated battlegrounds. All in all I will keep engineering because it's such a fun profession. I love throwing bombs at my enemies and stunning them for the seconds. I can't wait to offer some Goblin Barbecue to my raid.

Best regards.

I dropped engineering once. Looks like I might do it again. Good thing I chose tailor/chanting on my main. Those are ALWAYS raid viable

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebeau View Post
    As for engineering: It was amazing in Wrath, but I'd remove any engineer from my raid that got caught using Nitroboosts or the Grounded Plasma Shield during one of our encounters.
    Enlighten me, I was not in the beta...
    What is the problem here? I can understand they fail 50% of the time... Does it have a negative effect on the rest of the raid that they fail?
    Is it because you can have something better on say, the belt, instead?

As I understood, enchants and engi stuff stacks... So I don't give up an enchant to have a parachute on my cloak? Just an example...

15+ Year Old Account
    Engineering remains the best raiding profession for Caster DPS, outside of -maybe- Tailoring. The intellect tinker for the gloves gives more Intellect than the benefit from Jewelcrafting OR Blacksmithing.

Look at: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=82175

For casters, Engineering >> Jewelcrafting/Blacksmithing/Enchanting/etc

I don't know why everyone is looking at the Nitro Boosts and not realizing that it actually gives MORE raw stats for Casters AND gives it in Burst form, for similar sustained DPS but better for "oh shit" phases and burst DPS.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Absolutist View Post
    they fail over 50% of the time, easily.
    My boots have failed once in probably over one hundred uses...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coke View Post
    My boots have failed once in probably over one hundred uses...
    It's a bug in the latest patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    It's a bug in the latest patch.
    Oh...

Atm i'm enge / JC, but I will replace my engi with LW. From a Rogue PoV and Warrior / DK / Hunter LW is just the best profession atm for raiding so I will take the profession which gets me more DPS, enge just became senseless, failing boots, stats removed from enchants (i know they stack but still not worth either).
    And I think 130 stats on Bracer from LW is good in PvP aswell :P.
    Last edited by Minka; 2010-11-29 at 11:31 AM.
    An Karanir Thanagor, Mor Ok Angalor, Mor Ok Gorum Palahm Raval!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minka View Post
    Atm i'm enge / JC, but I will replace my engi with LW. LW is just the best profession atm for raiding so I will take the profession which gets me more DPS, enge just became senseless, failing boots, stats removed fro menchants (i know they stack but still not worth either).
    Only good thing was the glove haste enchant which will be much less worth in cata because of the rating req we need fpr more haste.
    And I think 130 stats on Bracer from LW is good in PvP aswell :P.
    For Caster DPS: Engineering gives 96 Int
    Leatherworking gives 130 Int minus however much you value 65 crit OR haste to be.

So as long as 65 crit OR haste is > 34 Int for your caster DPS/healer, Engineering will beat Leatherworking in raiding benefit.

If you're asking from a minmax raider position, keep engineering because the helm will be your BiS until heroic t11 is available for you, then drop it and level JC/BS or LW/BS as those will always offer the best raider perks.

BS will get better when Epic gems are available till then it is not that good as JC

Quote Originally Posted by Coke View Post
    Why?
    Nitroboosts have two failures:

-They blast you up in the air moving you out of range of healing as well as screwing up sensitive encounter mechanits (consumption, bites, sonic resonance, defiles, etc). These can and have led to wipes.

-They have a "new" backfire called Rocket Fuel Leak. ANYONE who's played a level 85 healer with the new cataclysm healing changes can tell you how absolutely disastrous it is for a non-tank to take 144,000 damage in 8 seconds (my Holy Paladin had 120k health in entry level epics).

The Grounded Plasma Shield has one backfire, Painful Shock that breaks CC AND taunts everything within 40 yards Bosses included.

Quote Originally Posted by Nered View Post
    Cause he's an elitist <insert random word here>?
    Your blatant ignorance of game mechanics and disregard for your fellow groupmates doesn't make me an elitist. Try again though.

Quote Originally Posted by Minka View Post
    BS will get better when Epic gems are available till then it is not that good as JC
    Not necessarily bromego, 80stats from BS > 72stats from JC.

Nothing ground breaking atm, but if you're looking for the 'BiS' profession, BS takes the cake now and when we get epic gems BS will dominate JC into oblivion. LW clearly beats JC as a 'BiS profession' as well, but JC just has so much income power over the entire course of a expansion it's sometimes hard to pass up but BS will always be king.

JC gets 81 stats, JC gem is 67 Agi for example which is 27 more than the normal rare gems (40 agi)
    27*3 = 81 (yeah 1 agi isn't that much but more is more !)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebeau View Post
    Nitroboosts have two failures:

-They blast you up in the air moving you out of range of healing as well as screwing up sensitive encounter mechanits (consumption, bites, sonic resonance, defiles, etc). These can and have led to wipes.

-They have a "new" backfire called Rocket Fuel Leak. ANYONE who's played a level 85 healer with the new cataclysm healing changes can tell you how absolutely disastrous it is for a non-tank to take 144,000 damage in 8 seconds (my Holy Paladin had 120k health in entry level epics).

The Grounded Plasma Shield has one backfire, Painful Shock that breaks CC AND taunts everything within 40 yards Bosses included.
    That's insane? Why would anyone EVER use the items then?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    O,o omg i knew about a few of the failures, but i didnt notice that rocket fuel leak one o,O

ty for posting, might end up changing my engi on my lock since so far haste is way better than intellect (so the gloves are..meh, at best it seems)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
    That's insane? Why would anyone EVER use the items then?
    I guess as tank you hope for the painful schock

Btw is the belt usable in arena or also nono?

also how about High-Powered Bolt Gun? (6-10k 2min cd)
    Last edited by mmoc1be018301a; 2010-11-29 at 02:41 PM.

Engi will probably get fixed in the first major patch after cata assuming they dont fix it with cata. As it is right now engi is in a really dumb place with all the tinkers on belt providing no stats and STILL unusable in Rated pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else find it strange that they have a int enchant for caster but nothing for physical dps?

(bows and stuff don't count).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to make the correction that the only major issue is that they have taken the fun stuff like rocket boots and consolidated them with the shitty stuff that people only really took because it existed and could be done on your belt. This gives engineers something worthwhile to equip their belts with and also frees up the boots.

Now, I would agree that this does not exactly make sense that our belts provide a speed boost effect on our feet *but* I am willing to overlook laziness in this area.

As stated by the OP, Engineering has been (for awhile now) pretty much a Fun Profession that people took because they love the idea of it. If you have ever taken this Profession because you felt it gave you some edge in combat of any kind, then you were playing on borrowed time.

It is sort of crappy that we have to take a second harvesting profession in order to harvest elements from stuff. But anyhoo!

Also, the reason for engineering things being disabled in Rateds wasnt because they added stat bonuses, it was because they added the engineering effects such as Rocket Boots, Missles, Silences, Mind Controls. Those things are still there, so no fix is warranted or needed.

A good player fix for this is to just play on a PvP server and enjoy the happiness of making someone throw themselves off a cliff or drown to your hearts content.
    Last edited by Anjerith; 2010-11-29 at 02:59 PM.