Deleted

Shadowfrost shards and a game moderator talk

This is probably my third post about shadowmourne/shards but who cares the more importantly its another question and another thing about the gm's that "help" members inside a game.

So since this week's awsome run in icc where i've gotten up to 10 bosses down 3 of those on hc and out of total seeing just 1 shard drop i was pissed off thinking yeh this is just my luck.Then i've gotten into my friends icc who is also doing shadowmourne quest grabbing the shards.We've done 6 bosses and out of those 6 we did 3 on heroic difficulty and he didnt get a single shard. So i've been wondering since i've been reading on the shard drops and i've found a blizzard forum reply on the shard drop rate so it was a blue post saying that on normal it has 25-50% chance to drop and on heroic mode it has 50-99% to drop.

SO i've gotten into talk with one of the gms asking exactly as im about to type now : " Hy i've just been wondering if blizzard has nerfed the shadowfrost shard drop rate in icc.The reason why im asking is cause i've done 10 bosses total 3 of those on hc and got 1 shard.Thought that was just my luck but then i got into my friends icc run and we did 6 bosses 3 of those on hc and he didnt get a single shard.So my question is was the drop rate reduced cause i didnt read anything about it on the mmo champion forums.THanks"

And the response that i've gotten was lets say in the least a retarded one.

"Sorry i cant tell you the same mechanics of the game,or how the whole thing works cause we cant give away the mechanics of the game."

And i was like okay,wtf? I know how it already works and he told me that i need to have shadows edge in the bag which i do i aint a turd i know what i need to do my question was simple if they reduced the shard drop rate which im sure i would read on the new patch notes as everything else if it was changed.

Seriously blizzard show re-evaluate who they are taking in as gms cause there's more non-usefull staff than usefull imo.

And now my question to the rest of the guys here :

1st. IF they nerfed the drop rate would it be posted in the blue post here on mmo champion which i think it would.

2nd. I know the experience about gm's but this is just silly that i cant get an answer from a gm on an answer that would be on mmo if something on the game was changed cause it usually ends up as an blue post here on the forums.

Deleted
    RNG is RNG.

I believe on normal its about 40% chance to drop, and on heroic its closer to 70%. It seems like you just got really unlucky.

Also, GMs aren't allowed to tell you mechanics of the game. They can try to fix things if it goes wrong, or answer some questions, but explaining a boss' loot table goes under the category of explaining game mechanics.

So, what is the question here? Neither of your statements end with a question mark or take the form of a question.

Some raids we get 6-7, some just 1. Even a 99% drop rate wouldn't mean you would get 99 drops out of 100 kills.

Also, calling people doing their jobs the way they are told to do it retarded is, quite frankly, retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorlor View Post
    So, what is the question here? Neither of your statements end with a question mark or take the form of a question.
    Was just about to write that.

Also please don't write long, retarded sentences without commas or anything, it's really annoying to read.

Deleted
    well nobody is forcing you to read or reply and its really annoying when you reply with no response to the matter at hand thanks.

thanks idoru and abb for the response.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthal View Post
    well nobody is forcing you to read or reply and its really annoying when you reply with no response to the matter at hand thanks.

thanks idoru and abb for the response.
    You're a whiny muppet. The GM did what he's supposed to do in such a situation, replacing him for this would probably cause some legal issues.

So yea, stop whining and actually think before acting, I mean c'mon, 2 people don't get shards and your first thought is that it is nerfed?

Deleted
    I two questions that I would like answered about the shards from rumours I've heard going around the community: 1. You can get then in 10man heroic after Dec 7th? 2. You will only need 30 shards after Dec 7th?
    I have no doubt they're false, but I need some conformation.

---------- Post added 2010-11-28 at 11:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fentoozler View Post
    I two questions that I would like answered about the shards from rumours I've heard going around the community: 1. You can get then in 10man heroic after Dec 7th? 2. You will only need 30 shards after Dec 7th?
    I have no doubt they're false, but I need some conformation.
    Bump

Deleted
    nah i dont think thats true at least what i've been hearing,if it was true then it would make things lot easier at least for me

Quote Originally Posted by Arthal View Post
    nah i dont think thats true at least what i've been hearing,if it was true then it would make things lot easier at least for me
    Couldn't have said it any better

We usually get 8-10 in a full clear.