Thread: Chef's Awards

Chef's Awards

Since we're only allowed 10 of these at a time we'll need to start buying Cata Recipies before Cata is released. Those on Beta or who have seen a guide, i was wondering which recipies are the best to pick up for leveling cooking, meaning the ones the require meats that drop from Vashj'ir or Hyal and/or meats that are easy to obtain such as lots of mobs close together or a high drop rate.

Just get 10, then before getting your 11th, Buy 1 recipe. That way you'll always have 7+ awards and are prepared to buy the recipe you need when you find meat in Cataclysm.

Deleted
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=88022

You can get the mats easily, should provide a few easy skillups.

(credit goes to the guy on wowhead)

if you have fishing, the fish is the easiest to obtain

Also, I recently bought the fishing lure recipe but it says I can't learn that despite being 450/450 on cooking and fishing. Did they disable learning those recipes before the 7th (because I already learnt the lava fin mastery food earlier)
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Deleted
    Also, Im not a beta player but I grabbed the (cba to check exact name) Salted eye recipie... y'kno, 60 stam/mastery food. A quick WoWhead indicated that teh mats (Serpent Eyes) drop in Vash - which is where I'm planning on starting out. Also, most of the other 450 skill patterns required Fishies - and I'm planning on realm first attempting, so spending half a hour fishing = nono.

Oh, and if you're going for realm first cooking might i suggest instead of Nat's idea, you get a crate? Having some (hopefully at any rate) mats right from the 12:00 start = better than one random (might not be useful) recipie...

Deleted
    I also need some help its a little off topic but i think it fits in here, im at the moment level 245 in fishing how long would i take to reach level 450? Because, i got like 590 catches and Im only level 245.

Things will slow down for you now Sorry but that's how it is.

(Current Fishing Skill - 75) / 25 = Rough number of successful catches for a skill-up

~3000 fish from 1-450. Unless changes are made... i'm not sure of this...

Remember you can still fish for what you need in the zones they are. But at 245 you'll get a lot of tangled fishingline (or whatever it's called). You can attach different lures (+100 skill) and also get the hat from one of the 3 daily fishingquests - Weather-Beaten Fishing Hat - only for the +5 fishing . You'll be able to make the +100 lure from Feathered Lure.

There are also enchants for gloves and feet i guess. Go Fisin' !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    Also, I recently bought the fishing lure recipe but it says I can't learn that despite being 450/450 on cooking and fishing. Did they disable learning those recipes before the 7th (because I already learnt the lava fin mastery food earlier)
    Ye, that recipe seems bugged. wasnt able to learn it either, sold it back and was able to learn another recipe :<

Deleted
    I will be doing
    Seasoned Crab
    Tender Baked Turtle
    Severed Sagefish Head

Because that's what I already have the mats for.

If you have alts remember you can do the daily from level 10, cooking 1. 2 dailies = crate of meat, which has a random chance of between 2 - 5 cata meat in it. If you're doing it on alts for meat, then pick the recipe for which you've had the most meat drop.

Sagefish is already for sale in bulk on my realm on the AH (2k a stack right now) due to the people who used the bug to fish cata mats (before it was hotfixed), so hypothetically you could get all the mats to level cooking to 525 before cata is live and not need to spend any time farming.

Too bad for Ally, they can bought only one recipe buy now, i have already 3 on my horde side. What is kinda lame by Blizzard. So actually Alliance Realm first cooking is already in question.

Quote Originally Posted by Duallegend View Post
    I also need some help its a little off topic but i think it fits in here, im at the moment level 245 in fishing how long would i take to reach level 450? Because, i got like 590 catches and Im only level 245.
    5 days doing the daily
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." (Albert Einstein)

Quote Originally Posted by Paopao View Post
    Too bad for Ally, they can bought only one recipe buy now, i have already 3 on my horde side. What is kinda lame by Blizzard. So actually Alliance Realm first cooking is already in question.
    Confused. How are the Alliance at a disadvantage? Everyone get's the daily. The daily varies each day and some award 1 token while some award 2. All the people I know that have Alliance toons said there have been no issues with them doing the daily.

---------- Post added 2010-11-29 at 08:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by friggo View Post
    5 days doing the daily
    It would take more than 5 days of doing the daily. If you only got skill points from the daily it would take you at least 200 days of doing the fishing daily. 100 if you managed to get the +2 fishing skill one each day. Though usually depending on the daily I can get 1-2 skill points just fishing up the item (if possible).

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    It would take more than 5 days of doing the daily. If you only got skill points from the daily it would take you at least 200 days of doing the fishing daily. 100 if you managed to get the +2 fishing skill one each day. Though usually depending on the daily I can get 1-2 skill points just fishing up the item (if possible).
    bad reading from my part, thought he was 445
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." (Albert Einstein)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Confused. How are the Alliance at a disadvantage? Everyone get's the daily. The daily varies each day and some award 1 token while some award 2. All the people I know that have Alliance toons said there have been no issues with them doing the daily.
    I think he's saying that on his realm, as (bad) luck would have it, Horde keeps getting the double chef award dailies while Alliance are only getting single-award dailies. I'm a bit baffled myself as to why they would vary it from day to day (and really, the same for mustard dog daily in Dal). For realm first both sides should have access to enough tokens, provided the character completed the daily enough to have 9/10+ tokens on release night. But it still seems odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Braewood View Post
    I think he's saying that on his realm, as (bad) luck would have it, Horde keeps getting the double chef award dailies while Alliance are only getting single-award dailies. I'm a bit baffled myself as to why they would vary it from day to day (and really, the same for mustard dog daily in Dal). For realm first both sides should have access to enough tokens, provided the character completed the daily enough to have 9/10+ tokens on release night. But it still seems odd.
    Did they change this so both sides get something different? Last I knew both sides got the same daily. Granted this was early in WotLK so I could be wrong with how it is now.

It's the same. He's saying that Alliance can only buy 1 recipe, which isn't true. He just has no idea what he's talking about, is all :P

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    It's the same. He's saying that Alliance can only buy 1 recipe, which isn't true. He just has no idea what he's talking about, is all :P
    Alright. This makes more sense :P I couldn't understand if they meant they get less tokens for being alliance or they only get one recipe for being alliance. Either way, didn't think it was true.

lol, no it`s not. I dream that...