Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Parents should monitor their kids better in wow

So today being my usual friendly and helpful self i saw someone in trade complaning that he can't find were to train to fly in azeroth to which people were plane out right taunting him with jests like "Hey go to tauren mill you train it there" etc so i chim in via a wisper saying "Hey sorry mate you can't train that till cata ships on the 7th" harmliss enough right? well his respones goes abit like this sorry i have to edit it because it's really rude "Hey F*** you n***a we don't want your black bullshit here go F**** off somerwere else you n**** sucking scum" so needlis to say i reported him even worse he turns to trade which were jsut taunting him to say "Hey everybody Ulaenyth is a n**** scum sucking motherf*****".

what i am trying to get at is this sort of action was stupid on the kids side and really offensive obviously it was a kid in his teens or something because no self respect adult would talk like that or even go to the lengths to talk to someone else who was being nice to you in the first place so i say if you are a parent out there are you watching your kids and what they type in trade chat and other places to other people? and if that person was not a kid then wow some people have major issues and shouldn't be playing a game anyways.

p.s if wall of text crits you i don't want to hear what you have to say about this issue
    I'm a little ninja, short and stout I take all the loot and I hearthstone out All the guys on teamspeak scream and shout I'm the warrior in full devout.

I have found many adults do talk like that but i still agree with what your saying..when my kids are on I monitor them but thats just me.

I really think you should tell us the whole story, son.

"Hey sorry mate you can't train that till cata ships on the 7th"

Right...
    Quote Originally Posted by Applepie
    your retarded.

I understand what you're saying. It really is annoying when you try to help somebody out with a negative and rude respons.

I let my kids do whatever, honestly. If they want to bathe in the blood of virgins and drink hard liquor while doing it, more power to them. I gave my little Jimmy the key to my gun cabinet, just in case he needs to pop some caps in a burglar or rob a corner store for some spare cash. Kids grow up quickly these days y'know, you've got to teach them how to take care of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Thryri View Post
    that is the whole story mate i'm dead serisous there that was all i said and that was the tangent i got and he also said something about me being an elitist dick
    I'm a little ninja, short and stout I take all the loot and I hearthstone out All the guys on teamspeak scream and shout I'm the warrior in full devout.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulaenyth View Post
    that is the whole story mate i'm dead serisous there that was all i said and that was the tangent i got and he also said something about me being an elitist dick
    I still doubt that's all. There is no reason to be hostile over that, including the trade-drama.
    your retarded.

15+ Year Old Account
    What a jerk, I want him to get banned indefinitely for that type of behaviour, but it wont happen.

I know many parents don't interfere with their kid's playing though so don't monitor them and just let them play when and how they want, so longs as they come and eat their dinner when requested :P For idiots like the one you mentioned, my guess is his parents find peace when he isn't out being an idiot IRL so just let him play. Or maybe they just don't care.

Plus, many people fail to understand what an online game means, they may think it's the same as a console where there is no interaction (my mum did for 3 years after telling her over and over again why I was talking into a headset :P).
    Last edited by xenaros; 2010-11-28 at 01:48 PM.

that is what got me was i ddidn't do anything rude to him at all i was nice wasn't being sarcastic or talking down just genuinly informing the guy of the situationmit was a real shock to get that at first i thought it might of been a mistell then i saw trade chat and couldn't belive my eyes

Deleted
    dumb kids will be dumb kids... teens cant be monitored, its impossible, i mean without being an *** of a parent and sit behind them while playing. no offense but thats just distrusting and that is not the right way if you ask me ^^
    we will have to put up with that for as long as the internet is anonym. just be happy he got a ban and lean back picturing him (or her btw) crying at home for not being able to play =D (what does something like that give you? 3days?)

Parents should monitor their kids? By doing what, staring over their shoulders 100% of the time? As if the type of parent who must observe their child obsessively like that would even let them go on the internet.

Just ignore the trade trolls, honestly. It could have been an adult being a dick, could have been a kid, but getting upset over people being dumb in trade just has no point. :P

"Hey sorry mate you can't train that till cata ships on the 7th"

Right...
    People can be genuinely nice, if you think otherwise then you are either one of the foul mouthed juveniles yourself or have been verbally raped by one of the aforementioned one too many times.

On a side note, Alonsus Horde send the poor question askers to Winterspring :P
    Your heart became proud on account of your beauty, and you corrupted your wisdom because of your splendor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulaenyth View Post
    that is what got me was i ddidn't do anything rude to him at all i was nice wasn't being sarcastic or talking down just genuinly informing the guy of the situationmit was a real shock to get that at first i thought it might of been a mistell then i saw trade chat and couldn't belive my eyes
    Well, reporting and ignoring is all you can do. Hopefully your server will turn their cheeks and lay the blame on him, as one should. Good luck with your server reputation!
    your retarded.

sadly, that's the internet, and more so, I wouldn't imagine they were a kid. It's pretty pathetic that people feel that need to act this way to express themselves.

Full story or not, I just don't get peoples need to be rude and impolite just because there is no 'real life' repercussion.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    It could've been a immature bored adult you know.

There's kids who act nice and mature and there's those who act really stupid.

And I think almost every parent thinks their children behave well on the internet, i'm not saying every parent does it but it feels like they do.
    right and i mean i know how it is i've been playing since i was 16 my old guild was shocked to find out my age the way i acted they thought was much older even todate when i tell people i'm 21 i get a shock of reaction because they think i should be older then that, and i have meet some people out there that are also an example that just because it's the internet doesn't mean you have to be an idiot i made one of those guys an officer with me in my old guild he made a briliant ofificer and even reached a level with the younger players getting them to behave better in vent and guild chat aswell

10+ Year Old Account
    that kinda sounds exaggerated :S
    U sure there wasn't anything else?

Ah well if thats true, its sad to hear :S

Thanks to Arostatic for the amazing sigs, You sir are a superstar
    Toooooons: Kepasaa - Skrt - Magenx - Phreshh - Kepasa

Well, reporting and ignoring is all you can do. Hopefully your server will turn their cheeks and lay the blame on him, as one should. Good luck with your server reputation!
    reps fine lol those that know me know what i am like lol i think most of trade ignored it anyways

Deleted
    my guess is that he got multiple whispers and didnt see who they where from and just ended up trashtalking YOU.

So you'd go cry to your mother (mmo champions forum... ) lol ^^

if he really did use the N word he would get the ban hammer (though most likely only a temp ban)

learning by getting pwned!

I still doubt that's all. There is no reason to be hostile over that, including the trade-drama.
    Actually, I've had similar hostile attacks when asked about flying in azeroth, or even in other situations such as when I saw a lock using staff of trickery, I said "hey, not to tell you what to do, but that staff is for melee. You want a staff with spell power" He responded similarily to how the OP said his incident went.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrac View Post
    People can be genuinely nice, if you think otherwise then you are either one of the foul mouthed juveniles yourself or have been verbally raped by one of the aforementioned one too many times.

On a side note, Alonsus Horde send the poor question askers to Winterspring :P
    You got me all wrong, I was referring to said persons response. How is his reaction even believeable? But now I've come to the understanding that OP was, in fact, genuinely nice and a victim of a foulmouthed juvenile.
    your retarded.