Thread: affliction pvp

affliction pvp

hey everyone, i recently picked up my warlock again and i was wondering what to do with my meta gem. Using the standard +21% crit and 3% crit damage increased but now that they've changed it to "more blue gems then red gems" i can't activate it anymore since my orange gems also count as red. So i was wondering should i pick up another meta gem or should i replace my orange gems with pure haste gems (if that's still yellow). As a warlock i need to fill all my blue gems with spell penetration right? probably really simple questions but still worth asking

They are supposed to be changing the meta requirements again soon, so I wouldn't be too worried about it right now.

Deleted
    http://www.wowhead.com/items=3.6?fil...le=80;maxle=80

Pick what you like, really

For pvp, the gems that reduce stun/fear duration, are very viable

thanks that's good news

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ya theyre gona change it back soon they said. personally what i stack in red sockets is int, yellow sockets is int/haste, and spell pen in blue. if you do the same you just gota have one pure haste gem instead of int/haste and you should have 4 reds and 5 blues, covering the requirement.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Quote Originally Posted by elexion View Post
    hey everyone, i recently picked up my warlock again and i was wondering what to do with my meta gem. Using the standard +21% crit and 3% crit damage increased but now that they've changed it to "more blue gems then red gems" i can't activate it anymore since my orange gems also count as red. So i was wondering should i pick up another meta gem or should i replace my orange gems with pure haste gems (if that's still yellow). As a warlock i need to fill all my blue gems with spell penetration right? probably really simple questions but still worth asking
    Not really sure how you have a problem. Red for intel, Yellow for haste, and Blue for Spell Pen.

Maybe use a different meta for pvp. I prefer the +17 int and stun reduction meta. Having problems gemming look at my armory.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...d&cn=Brickslol
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...d&cn=Brickslol
    Hopefully Glad Season 9!!! RLS WOO!!!

p.s. 2s and 5s take little to no skill, just good pve gear

for pvp i use this meta called Shielded Skyflare Diamond.. used to be called Effulgent Skyflare.. it gives you 32 stam and 2% reduction on magic damage intake. sposed to be used for feral druids tanking bosses with high degrees of magic.. but ive found it quite useful along with soul link and resilience to take even less damage against casters..

give it a decent try and you might find it useful.
    "A real man makes his own luck" - Billy Zane, Titanic.

Since your already in pvp gear and have pvp talents ive found that the spellpower/int (forget if they changed them) and fear duration, silence duration, etc duration reduced metas are useful seeing as how your dots are already hitting for alot less, personally i like the stun duration reducing one.