Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

1 Wipe in Instance = Everyone Drop Group?

I've been leveling my priest through instances and this has really started to irritate me.

Let's say some guy gets feared into several packs. Tank picks them up, but there's too many and we wipe. Two of the dps drop group instantly, followed by the tank. Leaving me and a single dps left alone. There's many variations of this situation, but all of them are pretty much the same. The second the group wipes, or sometimes for even less than that, people randomly drop group.

I'm curious if anyone has a good explanation of this, because I don't get it. It's only going to take the dps another twenty minutes to find group. I've seen them leave when it's not the group that's the problem, and we could have cleared the place easily, it was just one single mistake by somebody.

It's kind of funny because you know it's the bads that instantly leave, and they usually say something before they do too, like "UR BAD HEAL HARDER".
    The kind of player that does these things won't last for a second in Cata at 85 though, so just bear it out for a couple more weeks and then laugh as they fail harder than they can even imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

LFG = no respect.

www.youtube.com/TheEverydayDre Cata raid vids coming soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just bad players, nothing to worry about. As Bigfoot stated they won't last in Cataclysm.

I actually used that statement earlier while leveling my Mage in randoms, too.

Now, gathering a group is so easy and fast. Before, people stayed because they had put time and effort to get that group. It would take another hour or so to find another group, but now it only takes 20 mins at most and requires only the push of a button. They have nothing to loose by dropping group now.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    It's kind of funny because you know it's the bads that instantly leave, and they usually say something before they do too, like "UR BAD HEAL HARDER".
    The kind of player that does these things won't last for a second in Cata at 85 though, so just bear it out for a couple more weeks and then laugh as they fail harder than they can even imagine.
    We're still going to have to deal with them for the time up to lvl 85. I won't say normals are easy, but they are simple.

Deleted
    I often see people just dropping in the middle of an instance, without a given reason.

I rarely, if ever, saw that before the 4.0.1 patch.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's just because people are impatient and OH NOES a wipe means it has to TAKE LONGER.

It's worse when that happens and people just leave group without a word, or even trying to help. Had that happen the other day when tanking OK because some mouth breather aggro'd a pat and got two mobs at once. Half the group dropped the minute the saw it so they didn't even wipe, they left the rest of us to die.

after the patch i have seen this less.

only time i ever sees it now is if the tank or healer leaves. but the ques now is so short, that people is starting to just stay in the group.

a lot worse in pug raids

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    You can laugh at them, but make sure you have a guild. Else, you're stuck with them.

Yea...been dungeon leveling new characters with 2 friends. Im tanking these instances that I havnt run in 4+years so I sometimes get the wrath mentality and charge into a group that pulls all the casters in the room and we wipe. The 2 pug dps drop immediately everytime even though we were tearing through the dungeon before that at record pace. Good players wipe and learn....Bads wipe and look for someone else to try and carry them.

I think the attitude will be different for the first few months/weeks of cata instances.
    Most people dont know the instance so wipes will be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby John Kenobi View Post
    We're still going to have to deal with them for the time up to lvl 85. I won't say normals are easy, but they are simple.
    The leveling experience from 80-85 is relatively short. I'm not even going to bother with dungeons as I'm leveling, just going to quest. Have all expansion to see those dungeons, only do the quests once per toon though.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

A legitimate wipe isn't a big deal.

But it is very irritating when a tank thinks that just because heroics are easy on his geared alt that he can pull 5 groups at once and all will be fine. I don't think it makes you "bad" for realizing the futility of the group, saving a couple gold in repair costs, and continue questing for another 30 mins...

So yes, i understand your irritation, but unfortunately this is a game and stuff happens. Luckily if you choose to stay in the group it only takes a few seconds-minutes to rebuild a group and continue...

well another thing is is that with the old world instances, some may not know where the instance entrance is.

Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    I think the attitude will be different for the first few months/weeks of cata instances.
    Most people dont know the instance so wipes will be expected.
    But thats when you see the good players doing research and the bad players expecting to be spoon fed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conbot View Post
    A legitimate wipe isn't a big deal.

But it is very irritating when a tank thinks that just because heroics are easy on his geared alt that he can pull 5 groups at once and all will be fine. I don't think it makes you "bad" for realizing the futility of the group, saving a couple gold in repair costs, and continue questing for another 30 mins...

So yes, i understand your irritation, but unfortunately this is a game and stuff happens. Luckily if you choose to stay in the group it only takes a few seconds-minutes to rebuild a group and continue...
    That is so true.

Especially in the Wotlk instances. I mean, everyone has been running them a lot on their mains, which has made them feel so faceroll. But then you head into Utgarde Keep with your lvl 68-70 group, and all of a sudden, you die at every other pack because no one stopped to think about the fact that one type of mobs drop a very, very dangerous bomb on the floor.

It is kinda weird to think that UK at lvl 70 is harder to do, than UK HC at lvl 80.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling my priest I'm now in the mid 40s and Dire Maul groups break up in seconds because people don't know where to go or what to do despite my now macroed instructions.

Its been a pretty constant series of groups failing starting with wailing caverns, then black fathom depths and now dire maul. I'm boycotting the lfg system until BRD isn't an option.

Going back to those old instances was nostalgic for me, though. Maraudon really is very pretty and the last wing of DM is epic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Back in my day, it took 10 wipes to disband a group!

Deleted
    i havent experienced anything like that when leveling, tho its really common in lvl80 HC's these days.