Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    LFD tool have made us to spoiled.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahjj View Post
    I'd say its the exact opposite.

Good players will run in cold and actually try to learn. Bad players will wait for the good players to do all the hard work and read wowwiki to save them wipe time.
    There are already basic tactics for everything - from beta runs.
    Good players watch them and learn. And clear the bosses in 1-2 attempts.
    Bads run in, die, get spoon-fed the tactic in chat and die again, over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Dura View Post
    never took me that long
    once your name was out in the open abit, people would love to come along. also having a good guild helps:P

i can't wait for cataclysm heroics to indeed wipe abit on unknown boses and laugh at the people who wont get passed em
    You sir, were a lucky man. My guild was spread out all over levels back then. Never had enough people of a certain level range to get a full group. Also, my server isn't the biggest server out there. 2 hrs to get a group + 5-6hr dungeon(damn you BRD!) = a full day of playing for me. For just 1 instance run.

Why shouldn't you drop from a group that just wiped in something so ridiculous like a heroic ? Of course I'll leave that group especially if the wipe occurred at the beginning. Why the hell should I waste my time with such people ? I'd rather press alt f4 and do something else.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    And 2 hrs to get a new 1.
    2 hours? More like 5 on my server. lol@ "Vanilla was the best"

I think this is why Heroic Old Kingdom is my favorite. The Spellflingers at the very beginning are like 'bad repellent.'

I love healing it when some cocky tank in t10 runs in and pulls the first two groups, and dies, then immediately says 'you suck at healing' and leaves group. About 50% of the time the dps just /facepalm and wait, the rest of the time they leave because it isn't worth waiting for a tank.

This is one of the biggest issues that came up in Wotlk.

If you hand tons of candy to the kids for 2 years they will cry if on one day they don't get everything they want in a heartbeat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Why shouldn't you drop from a group that just wiped in something so ridiculous like a heroic ? Of course I'll leave that group especially if the wipe occurred at the beginning. Why the hell should I waste my time with such people ? I'd rather press alt f4 and do something else.
    It's this undeserved sense of self worth that makes people upset. Maybe you wiped because you have an inexperienced or undergeared tank/healer, or somebody made a mistake or had a computer error. Even when people are just bad leaving without saying a word is rude. When it boils down to it if you have the free time to play a video game then your time is worth no more than that of anybody else.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Because A) Heroics are serious business, right and B) Half the time wipes are a result of people like yourself who want to just barrel through everything and exercise no sense whatsoever.

When I get the healer and tank pair who are not spec'd to heal or tank (think Enhancement Shaman thinking they can heal with next to no mana or Intellect), I give them a chance.

Up to at least the ZF level of instances (where my alt currently is), a Ret paladin in ~lvl 42 blues and greens can put on Righteous Fury and tank well enough. They generally have a decent amount of health and high armor to reduce physical damage taken. Plus, they generally do well enough dps, and with RF they hold aggro very well.

If they prove they don't know what they are doing and refuse to take advice, it's time to try to kick. If there are 2-3 people who would need to be kicked, it's going to be quicker and less of a hassle to just drop group, take the Dungeon Deserter, quest, and requeue once the debuff is gone.

If it's a wipe because of a patrol or fearing or mind control or something, then stuff happens, run back and try again.
    -----+-- [Thaddius] ++++++++

Just because you are unique, does not mean you are right.
    Ðoser of Illidan

Pretty arrogant, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiago View Post
    I tend to drop groups often when the tank tells me to drink every 5 seconds and doesn't understand that a decent healer can never go oom (not even 4.0.3a)
    A decent healer can very well go oom. Maybe not in 4.0.1-4.0.3a. And maybe not if you massively triage - those are the healers that don't spare a heal for DPS. In any case, "lol nub i dont go oom so every1 going oom is no decent healer!!1" is an unnecessary statement.

I tend to drop groups often when leveling a DPS [and] pulling aggro more than once from the tank and the tank telling me I should watch my aggro
    Either EVERY tank I ever played with sucks, or you're just bad. I can pull aggro off a tank easily if I want, and it's your job as a DPS that you don't. Your UI warns you going over 100% thread, if you keep going despite this warning, you are simply bad.

I tend to drop groups often when leveling a DPS [and] pulling more than 50% of the total damage
    Can easily happen if you chose one of the high DPS classes when levelling, and if you have heirloom gear, enchanted and everything. Reminds me of that hunter (heirloom of course) who posted their recount in RFC - no one cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Isadora985 View Post
    Back in my day, it took 10 wipes to disband a group!
    Yea, it took alot of wipes before a 5-man group got disbanded.
    But it sure took alot of time to assemble the group, I sat for hours to get groups.

I can see it now..

first 2 months of cataclysm are DISASTROUS, every single group wipes due to idiots and lack of teamwork. eventually only guild runs will exist, perhaps pugging one person to get qued then booting him and filling in with a guildie. the dungeon finder will die off, due to it being impossible to run instances with such morons. thousands upon thousands of these dim creatures will stalk the forums, starting a blaze of words that the instances are too hard.

and blizzard listens.

every last instance is nerfed to hell, even a little bit extra to make sure it's impossible to wipe at all on deathwing heroic, all in a desperate attempt to retain the customers who don't know how to move out of the fire.

*takes off Twilight's Hammer cultist doomsday board*
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobsk View Post
    Yea, it took alot of wipes before a 5-man group got disbanded.
    But it sure took alot of time to assemble the group, I sat for hours to get groups.

Oh man, I remember these days. LFG WC..... LFG BFD...... LFG Scholo...............
    It was bad. But our groups didn't break up then. We plugged at it until it was done, no matter what. These chumps that leave after one wipe need to find another hobby. Well, that, and Blizzard needs to stop shoving rainbows up the little bastards asses.
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.

I do it because there's no point for me to pay a repair bill (LOLGOLD) because of someones stupidity. Not to mention I get instant queues.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    It's kind of funny because you know it's the bads that instantly leave, and they usually say something before they do too, like "UR BAD HEAL HARDER".
    The kind of player that does these things won't last for a second in Cata at 85 though, so just bear it out for a couple more weeks and then laugh as they fail harder than they can even imagine.

Completely untrue Statement, just because someone leaves the group because they dont want to play with idiots does not make them "bad players" ill leave a group of fails in a split second, i dont pay $15/month to be held back by idiots that dont know wtf they are doing in a dungeon. Its called cutting your losses

15+ Year Old Account
    I have experienced it, but I have also experienced very resilient groups in the LFD tool that are quite happy to carry on after a wipe or two, so it cuts both ways.

The LFD tool won't get much use for the first few weeks of Cata. If you don't have a guild to do them with, find one fast!

Even when people start getting raid geared and running heroics, I for one won't be using the LFD unless I really have to. There will be plenty of people in guild looking for gear/JPs.

---------- Post added 2010-11-28 at 10:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lyom View Post
    P
    A decent healer can very well go oom. Maybe not in 4.0.1-4.0.3a.
    No they can't. I can heal in elemental spec, whilst DPSing. Mana hasn't been an issue for healers in heroic 5 mans for about 20 months.

Yeah, as others have pointed out already its mostly because of LFG. People who suck at the game think they are special because they can get gear now. Funny thing is many people who play this game have no idea wtf is going on, they just like to bitch and moan because they feel we should be honored by their very presence. Man, they are in for a treat when they use LFG in Cata and get four other like-minded people who want to be carried.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moozart View Post
    i dont pay $15/month to be held back by idiots that dont know wtf they are doing in a dungeon. Its called being a selfish tosser
    ftfy

Quote Originally Posted by Toby John Kenobi View Post
    We're still going to have to deal with them for the time up to lvl 85. I won't say normals are easy, but they are simple.

I hate to say it but we might have to deal with them at 85 too, people who do this always re-gue, rage quit, re-que.
    They will never quit the game. To these people the LFD tool has given them a reason to, a 30min wait isn't long enough. I think Blizzard needs to move that up to 1 hour or more (before LFG tool, people use to wait in Dal for hours and hours before getting into another group, making leaving one not a option) then again there are those people who go DC so they get booted and not get the debuff.

I think these would help alot
    1-5 hour deserter debuff would solve this problem, of people leaving after 1 wipe
    Loot rolls at the end: would help solve the Reg HoR 1st boss item farm that people do (drop after boss drops item or not)
    Last edited by Chronoless; 2010-11-28 at 10:25 PM.