Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Moderator Recruitment Update, Season 9 Models, Daily Blink

Moderator Recruitment Update / Off-Topic Forums
    The review of moderator applications is now finished! It definitely took much longer than expected and we almost got 400 applications from users who wanted to help, about 40 of them will be accepted and promoted as moderator in a few days.

People who are accepted as a moderator will receive a private message from me with more details on what to do. If we refused your application please do not take it personally, we refused some of them for tons of various reasons, in a lot of cases good posters didn't make it because they weren't active enough on forums, etc ... I'm still glad that so many people applied to help on the forums and even if you didn't make it, your efforts are appreciated.

The increased amount of moderators will allow us to make sure that things stay under control on forums and should allow a couple of extra features that I couldn't deploy earlier without causing total chaos. The amount of users and posts on the forum increased dramatically over the past few weeks and I'm glad that more and more people are joining our little community!

During the next few days, the Cataclysm and World of Warcraft forums will be merged in a single category after the release of the expansion. Hopefully, I will also have some time to expand the Off-Topic forum section and I'll try to find a way to make them accessible from the front page. (Probably with a simple filter on the latest forum posts box, or something like that)

Also, if you want to see extra WoW or Off-Topic forums, now might be the right time to bring it up in the comments of this news post.

Season 9 - PvP Armor Sets Final Preview
    Someone pointed out that I never posted a preview of the final models of the Season 9 Armor Sets, I'll probably have time to do multi-races at some point but I'm not going to promise it, I still have tons of work to do before the release of the expansion. (Also, I'm pretty sure the Rogue set is still bugged ... not sure if that's a bug on my side or not, can't seem to fix it)

Season 9 - Male

High-Definition

Season 9 - Female

High-Definition

"What Wrath players need to know to not suck at Cataclysm"
    Daetur posted a very interesting post on the forums: What Wrath players need to know to not suck at Cata! I'm not going to front page the whole thing but you might want to read it if you're not sure if you will survive Cataclysm's raiding.

The Daily Blink - Mage Monopoly
    I don't think I ever posted something from The Daily Blink, their comics are usually decent and I'll try to feature them on the front page more often in the future.

Deleted
    Hope the Rogue Epic Set really doesn't show your face and it isn't just a visual bug.

Great comic, looking forward to more! Also, it sure is amazing in how many ways plate can bend!
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2010-11-28 at 07:42 PM.

rogue set should be tier 11 =(

lol @ the comic. And thank you for linking/featuring that forums post about how to not suck at Cata. It's just unfortunate that the people that the thread's aimed at is simply going to whine that it's "elitists getting on my case" and likely they'll just QQ at Blizzard until they nerf the new Cataclysm 5-mans to mindless 20-minute zergfests.

Instead of, yanno, playing the game how it's designed to be played and accepting help and pointers from others.

On that note, I've run into TONS of people lately in random LFG that have outright began to rage and drop group because someone dared try to help them not suck. Lots of Paladin tanks that refuse to use Righteous Fury, DKs DPSing in Blood Presence still.... getting all pissy when you try to point out a mistake they're making.

Those people will hopefully 'drown' in Cataclysm. Or they'll just reroll to Arcane Mages. Either or.
    Last edited by greyghost; 2010-11-28 at 07:49 PM. Reason: further clarification

Deleted
    The Daily Blink is lies and slander I tell you! Lies and slander!!

*whistles*

lol, Mages are stealing Bloodlust/Heroism from shamans, that completely overshadows warlocks stealing dragon's breath or ghetto blink (demonic circle)

15+ Year Old Account
    40 SEEMS like a massive amount, but when you consider the massive influx of users, the moderator/user ratio is probably unchanged.

I think MMO Champion's forums is getting a huge boost in traffic and activity because the official WoW forum situation is confusing and frustrating.

The official [old] WoW forums are now read-only, yet Blizzard links heavily to these old forums from all their sites. Even the Battle.Net site links to the read-only old forums if you click on the "Forums" link. You have to click on the "Enter the new Community Site" button on the Battle.Net site and -THEN- click on the forums link. It is a navigational snafu of epic proportions.

Also, the new official forum UI just feels less-than-optimal and isn't as clean and efficient as their old forums or especially MMO Champion forums.

Blizzard's forum migration blunder is MMO Champion's gain.

Boub, I can't believe you put my thread on the front page. Thank you so much, I am truly honored.

I'll continue to go through it and reply to what I can, PMs are welcome as well. O.o

10+ Year Old Account
    The final sets look pretty nice, good to see Rogues actually got some shoulders, was worried that the shoulderless look was final (although I know some people liked it).

Also GZ to all new mods

Also maybe a 'Current Affairs' off-topic forum would be cool?
    Last edited by Seejay; 2010-11-28 at 08:26 PM.

Unfortunately I do not think the types of people who would read that thread are the types that need the help. Singing to the choir.

It sounds like we're going back to a TBC playstyle, which I welcome with open arms. I've been itching to use traps on my hunter again, and maybe I'll have a use for my enslave demon and banish demon abilities on my warlock again ... not sure if I want to seduce mobs with the succubus, though.

Anything is better than the current AoE grindfest that is the WotLK content.

Again, priest lower gear looks better than the better version of it, color wise.

Not sure why you linked that common sense guide which was written with a horrendously elitist attitude.

that hunter helm is... busy, to say the least. Between the face mesh, the eye patch, the horns, the fire... and whatever that is at the sides

New mods? Time to stop posting for a bit and dodge the upcoming banstick extravaganza. I'll wait till the novelty of banning people wears off for the new mods before I start posting again.

40 new ones? alot larger then I expected but bring em on

Deleted
    Sigh, the lock set logs crap in the epics, hopefully our 5v5 will be decent rating again, else its some crappy green armour for me! At least the sets should get better looking - judging by wrath standards

15+ Year Old Account
    Yay, new mods!

Oh, cool! I think featuring great posts like Daetur's is really nice and definitely something I wouldn't mind seeing more of. Whether it'll be a great thread about lore speculation, specific classes or something completely different.
    Those threads where it is obvious that there's been put quite a bit of work into them deserves better than to just fade away and be forgotten after a couple of days

Since now is the time for suggestions I will list them.
    1: A book forum. I would LOVE this so much.
    2: An off topic forum just like the old WoW forums had.
    3: There is no three.

Those are my thoughts, cheers!
    You can`t dispel stupid.
    Mah armory:http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Rainofpain