Do you play close up?

and i mean with the camera zoomed in close to your character...or way out?

I use to play like way out, max distance even, and ever since 4.0, i've been able to run wow on max settings and it's looked better than ever before, completley smooth, and so i decided to zoom in not to long ago, i was so impressed with detail, the view from close up, of my character, of the creatures, of the surrounding, was so good, I now only play close enough. excpet in pvp BGS where sometimes i zoom out quickly .

i suppose close up helps if you're melee too doesn't it. more so than if you're a caster. ..

I zoom in and out depending on the situation, using the mousewheel :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbolg View Post
    This. Raids = fully zoomed out; Doing stuff like dailies or heroics = mostly zoomed in for more in-the-zone feel.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

damn wheres that duel video of rogue dueling with feral druid in fps mode.

raids full zoom out, even with it i feel like in a cage, questing..close.
    Most people are under the belief that I think i am better than everyone else
    this is false
    I know i am better than everyone else
    So in end of day, most ppl not even good

sigh.. why am i only now discovering the visual feast that is close up? after 6 years of playing?..looks awesome tho. And yeah, for raids i have to zoom out, tho i've only had like 2 raids since i started using close up...

it def gives a more "in the zone feel"

Yeah, I'd definitely have to say it's situational. When I'm flying around looking for ore I usually play zoomed all the way in to first person. If I'm tanking I'll pull the camera back all the way. When I'm DPSing in melee I zoom in a bit, about at the half way point, and DPSing on a ranged toon I'm usually zoomed out all the way just to watch all of the fight. When I'm questing or just out and about I usually have the camera kind of close, probably 1/4, but I zoom out a lot to look around.

I use + and - on my num pad to zoom in/out....frees up mouse scroll for keybinds ^.^

10+ Year Old Account
    Zoomed out all the way =D
    "When there is an evil justice cannot defeat, what would you do? Would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you carry out your own justice and succumb to that evil?". - Code Geass

Also, here is a link to my Döppelganger ^_^

For my average play, I play with the camera zoom back around 10 feet behind the character.

For PVP, I have the camera zoom set to max range and take it back as far as it'll go.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

10+ Year Old Account
    back in the days of void reaver there was a console script to set your camera max beyond that of the slider in interface, i've been using that ever since we were doing void reaver in TBC

(and i've played on beta/ptr with camera maxed, and i dunno what this script is anymore (console cvar 50 or something) and it's still way more zoomed

Quote Originally Posted by Furbolg View Post
    This pretty much sums up my answer. I usually keeps the zoom all the way out, I like to have a nice overview of my surroundings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Solo i zoom in, PVP Varies, and raids i zoom out (but not max) just enough to see my surroundings. Mouse wheel is your friend :P

zoomed in when i rp bolvar fordragon ice princess status (jk ya i dont rp) and zoomed out when i do anything that takes gaming skill

Personally I like to keep my camera zoned out...not all the way but a good distance that gives me a good view of the area around me. Good tactical viewpoint, never know when someone/thing is going to come at you from the sides or behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    My vision has always been kinda meh, so I usually play pretty close to my character (I wanna see all that gear I worked so hard for). When I'm raiding, I usually zoom out so I can see what's going on. I tend to get a little disoriented when zoomed in close during some boss fights *coughsindragosacough*
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    We removed the Fun Stuff forum, all the Fun in the MMO-Champion forums will now be taking place in my pants.

Xenophics <Famous> - Scarlet Crusade (US)