Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Thumbs up Realm First 85 FAQ & Overview

Hello everyone!

I wrote a comprehensive guide to realm first 85 and posted it here, unfortunately it entered the moderation queue and has been there for over a week. Cataclysm is approaching fast, so I'll post as much as I can here for now until a moderator can give me a hand with links and pictures. You can find the full article, complete with pictures and links here: Realm First 85 - Final Version.

I'm posting it here because I think it deserves a little more exposure, and there are likely more players here interested in attempting realm first 85. The article was written in 3 parts, each of which have been conglomerated here (so I apologize if some ideas seem fragmented). Upon reading this article, you should:
    • Have the answer to frequently asked questions about realm firsts.
    • Have an understanding of what a realm first attempt entails.
    • Know the method behind the madness.
    • Become completely confused, and troll this thread.
    Realm firsts have been a topic of heated debate and controversy for each World of Warcraft expansion release. Achieving such a feat requires dedication, careful planning, and focused execution. It's no wonder there is so much controversy surrounding realm first attempts. More often than not, the attempt is made in a very unhealthy manner, with players staying awake for 30+ hours without a proper diet. Luckily for you, we'll touch on this and make sure you don't repeat such mistakes. My goal is to help my readers overcome the challenges involved and (hopefully) earn that coveted realm first.

Here are the links to the original articles. Some of the information is out-dated, but the comments are worth reading:
    Realm First 85 - Part 1
    Realm First 85 - Part 2
    Realm First 85 - Part 3
    NEW: Realm First 85 - Part 4

I will personally make a dedicated attempt to realm first, not only for the challenge, but also for the gold it awards. All of the research I've done is contained here, and if it leads to someone beating me, I'm fine with that.

As always, correct me if I'm factually wrong in this article. It happens often.

Realm First 85 FAQ

What Are the Benefits to Realm First 85?

First and foremost, it's a huge e-peen stroke. Only the best of the best can achieve this feat, and doing so awards recognition. To a certain extent, it gives you credibility and may help you get in high-ranking guilds. For me, another huge award is the opportunity to farm extremely valuable ore for a few days.

Take WotLK as an example. In the first few days of its launch, stacks of Saronite were selling for 600g (I even sold one for 1000g). I was fortunate enough to farm Icecrown without any competition for 2 full days on a Merciless Netherdrake (310%). On my first night farming, I was earning 5000 gold per hour (GPH), and ~3000GPH on subsequent nights. All told, I earned over 100,000g in less than 3 days. The competition eventually caught up, but this demonstrates the value of rushing to 85. I imagine profits will be of similar magnitude or greater for Cataclysm.

When is Cataclysm Launch?

The launch is actually on Monday, at the stroke of midnight, so make sure to book Tuesday off! Launch will occur simultaneously across the US at 12am Pacific, or 3am Eastern. Don’t get your time zones mixed up!

“Wondering exactly what time you’ll be able to begin playing your goblin or worgen or making your way to level 85? On all North American realms, World of Warcraft players who upgrade to Cataclysm will be able to begin experiencing the new content at 12 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (3 a.m. Eastern Standard Time) on December 7, whether they purchase the digital download through Battle.net or buy a physical retail boxed version in stores. Players will not be able to access Cataclysm expansion content prior to 12 a.m. PST, regardless of how they upgrade or what time zone they’re located in.”

Can I whore a bunch of rested XP and ride it to 85?

No, rested XP will be wiped on release (thanks Calianna for this);

“Just in case anyone was thinking about stopping an alt just short of 80 for rested XP…”
    From Valnoth
    Rested experience will be reset at launch. You will start at 0 rested.
    Lead World Designer

I'm told dailies will no longer reward XP in Cataclysm? Is this true?

Blizzard recently smashed this rumor in an interview with BestBuy:

“Will you allow players to fill their quest log with say, 25 dailies, and then turn them in right after Midnight on December 7th to get a quick boost towards 85? This is how it worked in the beta, but some players are confused on whether it will work on Live. Thanks!”
    Regarding 25 daily quests to turn in when the expansion goes live, this is something players have been able to do for the last 2 expansions and we aren't talking about changing it now.

Very cool, what quests should I complete ahead of time, then?

We had discussed the idea of completing 25 quests prior to Cataclysm launch. I’ve looked into this, and the big problem is finding quest hubs that offer several clustered quests. You could randomly fill your quest log with Northrend’s highest XP rewarding quests, but you’d find yourself traveling too much upon launch and you’d burn your head start. I found that daily quest hubs are the way to go – they offer good XP and a good number of clustered quests.

You should be able to fill your quest log with a combination of the following quests:

From The Skybreaker and Surroundings

Neutralizing the Plague
    No Rest For The Wicked
    Putting the Hertz: The Valley of Lost Hope
    Assault by Air
    Assault by Ground
    Blood of the Chosen
    Capture More Dispatches
    Drag and Drop
    Not a Bug
    Retest Now
    Slaves to Saronite
    Static Shock Troops: the Bombardment
    That's Abominable!
    The Solution Solution
    King of the Mountain

From Wintergrasp

A Rare Herb
    Bones and Arrows / Fueling the Demolishers
    Defend the Siege
    No Mercy for the Merciless
    Southern Sabotage
    Stop the Siege
    Victory in Wintergrasp

From The Argent Tournament Grounds

A Blade Fit for a Champion
    A Valiant's Field Training
    A Worthy Weapon
    Among the champions
    At the Enemy's Gates
    Battle Before the Citadel
    Contributin' To The Cause
    Deathspeaker Kharos
    Drottinn Hrothgar
    Get Kraken!
    Learning The Reins
    Mistcaller Yngvar
    Ornolf The Scarred
    Stop the Aggressors
    Taking Battle to the Enemy
    The Edge of Winter
    The Fate of the Fallen
    The Light's Mercy
    Threat From Above
    Training in the Field
    What Do You Feed a Yeti, Anyway?
    You've Really Done It This Time, Kul

Note that some of these quests are exclusive to each other – you can’t pick them all up. Most quests also have a horde counterpart.

Depending on how far you had progressed at each quest hub, you may end up short. There are several dailies offered near the Shadow Vault, these should make good fillers. If you decide to go off the beaten path here, just remember:
    • Cooking dailies do not reward XP.
    • Fishing dailies do not reward XP.
    • Weekly quests do not reward XP.
    My plan goes as follows (revised thanks to Veronika):
    • Log out in Dalaran.
    • Use Argent crusader's tabard to teleport to Argent Tournament grounds, turn in all quests.
    • Fly to the Skybreaker, turn in all quests.
    • Fly to Wintergrasp, turn in all quests.
    • Hearth to Stormwind and onward to Hyjal
    All 25 quests grant about 600k XP, or 33% to level 81. Your plan may vary, but whatever you do, keep travel times short.

What about instance grinding? Is it worthwhile?

It was brought to my attention that grinding instances might be the fastest way to 85. There were reports that instances were granting 600k XP per run (15-20 minute runs), which would be far more efficient than questing. Dungeon XP has since been nerfed, and apparently (this is all hearsay) dungeon grinding is still slightly faster. I haven't done any dungeons myself, but let me tell you this: if you want to rely on 4 other people to be simultaneously available and dependable for 20+ hours, be my guest. In dungeons, you're only as fast as your slowest member, and wipes will cause serious setbacks (hint: you will wipe once you start getting tired). Besides, I haven't seen any conclusive evidence that dungeons are faster, only some skewmath in the general forums.

How should I prepare my character?

Cataclysm will be accessible at the stroke of midnight, provided you've activated and installed it prior. If you haven't done so, head over to your battle.net account, and click the flashing, seizure-inducing Cataclysm ads that come up. You must have Cataclysm installed and activated by midnight to have any chance at realm first.

Where actual in-game strategy is concerned, here are several tips and tricks:
    • Set your hearth to Stormwind – Dalaran portals are gone. Stormwind acts as a portal to most Cataclysm zones.
    • Clear your bags of anything you don’t need for leveling.
    • Loot nothing (besides quest mobs).
    • Use bare-minimum addons.
    • Gearing:
      • Avoid stacking proc trinkets like Fury of the Five Flights or trinkets with long-lasting buffs. Trinkets with short buff times are best. deathbringer's will, for example, lasts 30 seconds – far too much - and odds are you’ll end up wasting 15-20 seconds of the proc after your target dies.
      • We had some awesome comments from readers in part 1, and I feel that I need to share this one in particular, courtesy of Sacristar:
        These were mentioned on my 2 copper a while back: Oracle Talisman of Ablution and are definitely worth considering for some classes/specs if you ask me.
        • Grants 5% of total mana
        • Grants 10 rage
        • Grants 30 energy
        • Grants 40 runic power
        It's not unique so you get double the benefit if you wear two of these. 20 rage still isn't worth it, but 10% of your max mana is huge for any caster dps, and 80 runic power for a frost dk or 60 energy for rogues/ferals is pretty damn nice too.
        As far as I'm concerned, it will be BiS for leveling as feral, given that I find myself energy starved quite often.
      • Gear and spec for burst damage.
    • Consumables:
      • runic healing potion x 100.
      • Scroll of Enchant Boots – Tuskarr’s Vitality x 3.
      • Scroll of Enchant Weapon - Berserking x 3 or equivalent enchant for casters.
      • flask of endless rage x 40 or flask of the Frost wyrm x 40
      • Swiftness Potion x 150
      • Engineers: materials for Rocket Boost.
    • Glyph properly, and know which glyphs will be optimal in Cataclysm. See El’s inscription.
    • You may need to relog at midnight to enable Cataclysm zoning. This was the case in WotLK.

Why not just use heirlooms?

Heirlooms will not work past 80.

How should I prepare myself?

According to Blizzard, the grind to 85 will take “about as long” as leveling from 70 to 80. I hit 81 and 82 within 6 hours each. The grind to 83 took longer; about 8 hours. For the average player, I think 38 hours to 85 is a safe estimate. Now, staying awake for 38 straight hours is clearly inadvisable. First, it’s not healthy. Second, even if you do stay awake for this long, you won’t at full mental capacity for the last 18 hours (or so). Indeed, doctors report that [i]“sleep deprivation can have some of the same hazardous effects as being drunk”. Have you ever played WoW drunk? I have, and I guarantee you that playing like that is not optimal.

*Note: A skilled and dedicated player can probably make 85 in under 20 hours. I've done so myself on my 2nd attempt on beta.

This means you should split the grind in two sessions. I advise a 22 and 16 hour block. The average player will begin to feel tired after 14 hours of waking time. This can be remedied with caffeine – stick with coffee (no added sugar) or tea. Avoid energy drinks, as they are loaded with extrinsic sugars. Don’t go overboard on the caffeine either – a single cup will do. On average, the half-life of caffeine is 2 hours, so you should be ready for sleep at the 22 hour mark. Lighter individuals should be aware of their caffeine consumption; a 120lb woman would require nearly 10 hours for caffeine to dissipate enough to allow quality sleep. Where sleep duration is concerned, 7 hours is the magic number. This should allow you to get 2-3 hours of REM sleep toward the end of your sleep cycle (REM is the portion of your sleep that rejuvenates the mind). Anything over 7 hours is “wasted” sleep, for our purpose.
    *Tip: Cut out coffee for 10 days prior to Cataclysm release. This diminishes your system’s tolerance to caffeine – effectively allowing you to get the full benefit of it on Cataclysm release.

I eat garbage all day, what's this "healthy" diet you speak of?

To put it simply, don’t eat junk. Gamers are notorious for devouring greasy foods by the bucketload and crushing sodas all day long. Besides contributing to your death, excessive sugar intake will result in a crash and concentration lapses down the road.

Stick with natural sugars: berries, fruit, honey and nuts. A small pasta salad won’t hurt either, as it will assist with long-term energy and mental awareness. Drink water too, lots of it. Dehydration will manifest itself very subtly, enough to affect your performance but so little to not bug you.

My realm has nasty queue times, what should I do?

Drockrock writes:

Queue times might be meaningfully long the night cataclysm goes live. Have you thought about ways people could avoid the queue? It was something I hadn't thought of until just now. It might be worth mentioning in your article. If this goes beyond the scope of your article though I can make a thread about it. I think it's something that would be interesting to hear people's opinion on.

Thanks as always for your hard work!
    A valid point indeed! If you're playing on a high population server, it might be wise to log in hours ahead of time and run laps in Stormwind or Orgrimmar - you don't want to be stuck in a queue at midnight, especially on a high population server where serious competition is probable. Luckily for me, there are never queues on my server, and I'll be sleeping until 11:00 or so. If you can find someone to log in for you, do so. Otherwise, you're burning precious waking time!

I'm told mining and herbing grants XP. Should I farm stuff while leveling?

This question was brought up previously and several people (including myself) were curious whether farming would further optimize the leveling process. I’ve done my homework, and the answer is a resounding no. Herbs and mineral nodes grant the same XP as a mob of the herb’s level. For example, you could kill a level 82 ogre for 7k XP, or pick a level 82 herb for 7k XP. Once you hit 83, the herbs and mineral nodes become proportionately less valuable and decay in value – that level 82 herb would now give ~6k XP.

Given that quests grant 27k XP or more, the actual XP value of killing mobs is higher than that of hitting herb or mineral nodes. For example, if you’re on a quest to kill 10 ogres, each kill is actually worth 7k PLUS 10% of the quest’s rewarded XP. This is not the case for herbs and ores. Not to mention, the more quests you complete in a zone, the faster you can access higher level quests that reward more XP. Nodes are also hotspots for ganking - and we have no time to spare for corpse walks in the race to 85.

So, to re-iterate, herb and mineral nodes should not increase leveling efficiency in Cataclysm.

I didn't get in beta and don't want to run in circles trying to complete quests. Can you help me prepare for that?

Sure thing.

I’m amazed by the simplicity of Cataclysm’s new quests. In WotLK, having beta experience was a huge advantage for anyone racing to realm first, but not so much in Cataclysm. Looks like Blizzard is going through a questing philosophy change and leaving behind the old pain in the arse quest design. Maybe they finally get that we hate vehicle quests. That’s right – you aren’t required to complete annoying quests (a la Dragonblight) from 80 to 85. The entire process is a point, kill, run and fetch, save a few quests that I will guide you through. In essence, a beta invite isn’t required anymore for realm first 85 (but is still an advantage), so long as you know how to complete the few annoying quests, you’re more-less ready.

I should probably touch on why I think Hyjal is a better starting zone than Vashj’ir. First, Vashj’ir is simply a cooler zone; the underwater mount, dramatic quest lines and cut-scenes, who could resist? I imagine most players will go straight into Vashj’ir based on ease of access and fun. But the fact remains: Hyjal offers very linear and simple quests; a much more streamlined leveling experience. I found Vashj’ir quests to be more scattered and annoying to complete – depending how much swimming is required for said quest. As Kaliope pointed out, the zone is entirely 3-dimensional, which is a little disorienting if you’re used to WoW’s usual 2D environments.

That being said, Hyjal should be enough to get you to 82, especially if you have a 25 quest head start. Deepholm is gated at 82, so you need to hit this level before moving on. Keep in mind, Deepholm quests reward much more XP, so you should head there immediately after hitting 82.

First things first, you need to get to Hyjal. The hero's call board near the Stormwind AH provides the lead-in quest for every zone. Pick up the Hyjal quest and head on over there. Druids can teleport directly to Moonglade and then fly to Hyjal, but I'm told you need the lead-in quests before doing so.

I could write a Joana-style guide for each zone, but in all honesty, these will just slow you down. There is no reason you should be diverting your attention from WoW for such linear, simple quests as found in Hyjal. WoW’s built-in quest helper is all you need – just follow the arrow mindlessly. If you’re adamant on someone holding your hand, google Arixan's guide.

Hyjal

Hyjal quest hubs - just in case breadcrumb quests aren't provided in release:

1. Nordrassil - The World Tree
    2. The Verdant Thicket
    3. Shrine of Goldrinn
    4. Shrine of Aviana
    5. Grove of Aessina
    6. Sanctuary of Malorne
    7. The Scorched Plain
    8. Darkwhisper Gorge
    9. The Throne of Flame
    The following quests can be confusing to complete, especially if you’re not reading any of the quest dialogues (if you want to level fast, you shouldn’t anyway);
    • The Return of Baron Geddon: The objective is to weaken Baron Geddon 20 times. Don’t bother trying to kill him – he’s got 20 trillion HP (+/- a few digits). You need to step in close enough to channel your Flameseer’s Staff (quest item provided) and pull back when he does his AoE.
    • Oh, Deer!: The deers you must rescue are TINY and somewhat camouflaged. They’re critter-sized, don’t look around for a full-size deer.
    • The Bears Up There: Unusual quest. Make sure you have vehicle controls enabled for this in case you’re using action bar addons. To complete this quest, run up to a tree, and right click the ladder at the bottom. The vehicle UI will become active, and you’ll have 3 abilities: climb up, climb down, and throw. Pick up a cub, climb up to the top of the tree, and use your throw ability to launch cubs at the trampoline down below (make sure you target the trampoline). You must keep doing this until you have rescued enough cubs.
    • Through The Dream: You’ll have to rescue a druid in an underground cave. The entrance is hard to find. See map below.

• Graduation Speech: Another “vehicle” quest, though this time you must deliver a speech. Lance from WoWhead describes this quest well:
      Use Incite! when the crowd yells;
      • Raaahhh!
      • Blood!
      • Kill!
      • Kill them all!
      • Crush!
      • Death!
      Use Pander! when the crowd yells;
      • It's like... it's like the void just touched my mind.
      • The end is nigh! The end is a new beginning!
      • Immalanath, yasoth nalarub!
      • I hear the voices!
      And use Inspire! when the crowd yells;
      • Meh.
      • Yea... I don't know about this.
      • I'm not quite convinced.
      • *yawn*
      If you get the responses wrong the crowd will yell things at you like;
      • Huh?
      • You lie!
      • Sit down!
      • What are you talking about?
      • Who is this guy?
      If you get the responses right the crowd will yell things at you like;
      • It's like I'm hearing the Old Gods themselves!
      • This <girl/guy> gets it!
      • Tell it like it is, <brother/sister>!
      • <Name>damus, you're a born leader!
      • That's how it's done! Yeah!
      • History in the making!
      • Truer words were never spoken!

I may add a few by request, but I don’t recall any other quest giving me trouble. This short list should pretty much get you through Hyjal without a hitch.

Deepholm

This zone features some vertically staggered areas, so it can be a pain finding the next objective, depending where you’re standing. If you find yourself directly on top of an objective, and cannot locate it, try flying up to a ledge above (there is also a ship flying around like the Skybreaker and Ogrim's Hammer).

To get to Deepholm, follow the breadcrumb quest and take the portal located in north-east Stormwind (horde likely have a very similar procedure). You’ll be tasked with saving the world or whatever, and you must rebuild the “world pillar” as it has been sabotaged by a bunch of bad guys. As you can tell, I’m not really big into lore, but you still get quest tips for this zone:
    • Quicksilver Submersion: You must first loot the crate, use it out of range of the ogres and sneak up while under water.
    • Sealing the Way: you must kill all surrounding mobs and use the quest item on the NPC once he is out of combat.
    • Sprout No More: Simply right click a nearby golem to "obtain a war golem".
    • Rescue the Stonefather... And Flint: The NPC you must free is on the SECOND level of the zone. Fly up to the ledge overhead!
    • Fungal Fury: stand against a rock - some of the mushrooms knock you back FAR away.

Uldum

What can I say – this zone looks amazing. Uldum is easily the most beautiful zone in the game… not to mention it features the return of Harrison Jones! Uldum is similar to Zul’Drak, in that you’re sent around to “check in” with various NPC and tasked with completing errands for them.

Questing here isn’t linear, and bread-crumb quests often branch off, but I found the leveling experience in Uldum quite smooth anyway. You’ll have a blast questing here – it’s quite a shame that so many of us will be blaze through the zone without first exploring it. Getting to Uldum is a matter of flying to Tanaris, so you need to be prepared in this respect. There is no portal from Stormwind – you need to travel the long way. Engineers can port directly to Gadgetzan, and if you have a means to get to Dalaran, there should still be a port to Caverns of Time allowing you to reach Tanaris quickly.
    • The High Priest's Vote: High Priest Amet is INSIDE the dam, you must go to the end of the dam itself and follow the steps down.
    • Salhet the Tactician: No need to save your abilities here, just mash them as they come up to finish the quest faster.
    • The Pit of Scales: you must make the elite mob run over the purple eggs to buy yourself time (heal up and or kite).
    • Also remember, when you go to Khartut's tomb, make sure to slay a hyena, as it triggers a quest (same for the scarabs inside the tomb). Do the World a Favor / Just a Fancy Cockroach

Twilight Highlands

Unfortunately Blizzard ended the beta JUST before I was about to go through my final pass here. I’m going mostly from memory, so no guarantees about these quests. I’d appreciate anyone chipping in here, as I’m afraid this list may be incomplete;

• Devoured: You're supposed to die on this one!
    • Distract Them for Me: Bugged as of early November - but can still be completed. You'll need to solo the mobs by yourself, since the NPC has not yet been scripted to help you as intended.
    • Finding Beak: I had to walk around extensively to trigger the eastern Dunwald objective.
    • If The Key Fits: Drop this quest if you aren't given 4 NPC to assist you. I've seen this bug a 1/3 times.
    Last edited by Sterling1; 2010-12-03 at 03:59 AM.
    Stormspire.net - Your #1 source for everything WoW gold. Free and friendly forums.
    WoWProfessions.com: Alchemy | Blacksmithing | Enchanting | Engineering | Inscription | Jewelcrafting | Leatherworking | Tailoring | Mining

This is a fantastic post, OP, since it puts the whole "realm first" into a realistic perspective.

Loved your "eat healthy" section!

Moderator - please sticky this for all the Worgen/Goblin-wannabe kids out there.

Very good post. I'm not planning on attempting to get realm first, but it still has some helpful info

Deleted
    This is great, i'm not gonna go for a realm first, but i wanna be at 85 pretty damn fast, and i plan on staying up all night since i'm getting the digital download, so i'll be using this guide alot, thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    In Hyjal, is the sethria's post chain necessary to proceed in the questing? I see you haven't marked it as a hub in your map. Can you skip the jousting gryphon part? I've found it to take way to much time for the xp.

I've got my quests ready to turn in, someone said that they would be porting all players to home cities or something but that doesn't sound right, any confirmation on that? I'm really looking at Realm First 85 Warrior and sleep is no obstacle for me so I really think I can do this.

Edit: Would you recommend questing at the start and then running dungeons? Or running some dungeons to get ahead of the other players and then quest starting in say Deepholm?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice material for sure - not planning on Realm First!. but still alot of helpfull info
    Last edited by Luqe; 2010-11-29 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mgs View Post
    Moderator - please sticky this for all the Worgen/Goblin-wannabe kids out there.
    Just to be clear, I believe they took out the Realm First! achievements for all races.

Good post, Horde thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    In Hyjal, is the sethria's post chain necessary to proceed in the questing? I see you haven't marked it as a hub in your map. Can you skip the jousting gryphon part? I've found it to take way to much time for the xp.
    this works pretty much for both horde and alliance(have done horde myself; also some info about the jousting would really be nice - i spend about 20-30min with the whole jousting quest chain and skipping it would be really nice, if the xp loss is affordable ofc

awesome post. lots of great info.
    Death Knights are good for one thing. Bank Alts. Nothing more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementlawl View Post
    I've got my quests ready to turn in, someone said that they would be porting all players to home cities or something but that doesn't sound right, any confirmation on that? I'm really looking at Realm First 85 Warrior and sleep is no obstacle for me so I really think I can do this.

Edit: Would you recommend questing at the start and then running dungeons? Or running some dungeons to get ahead of the other players and then quest starting in say Deepholm?
    I doubt they will teleport you. They have no need to. The World has already changed à la The Shattering. From what I've read you might not even have to relog. Apparently they can upgrade your account without restarting the server etc.

Credit to u for an making an awesome thread!

But my question, wont it be easier to go Vash-hyjal, gain 83 then go for uldum? It says that Uldum will slow you up at 82 couse its tough in there?

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    I doubt they will teleport you. They have no need to. The World has already changed à la The Shattering. From what I've read you might not even have to relog. Apparently they can upgrade your account without restarting the server etc.
    I would hope so, they were able to stop the mobs in Heroic AN from giving rep while my group was farming the never ending adds that spawn in Hadronox's room without us restarting.

Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    To be honest I'm not sure if it can be skipped. I left it out by accident, but I do remember bread crumb quests leading there, so it's no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementlawl View Post
    I'm not sure whether running dungeons is viable at all. I addressed this in the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsumoto View Post
    Good post, Horde thought.
    Most quests will be the same for horde.

Quote Originally Posted by veteran View Post
    Credit to u for an making an awesome thread!

But my question, wont it be easier to go Vash-hyjal, gain 83 then go for uldum? It says that Uldum will slow you up at 82 couse its tough in there?
    Definitely not.
    Stormspire.net - Your #1 source for everything WoW gold. Free and friendly forums.
    WoWProfessions.com: Alchemy | Blacksmithing | Enchanting | Engineering | Inscription | Jewelcrafting | Leatherworking | Tailoring | Mining

Nice guide! Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Sterling1 View Post
    To be honest I'm not sure if it can be skipped. I left it out by accident, but I do remember bread crumb quests leading there, so it's no big deal.

I'm not sure whether running dungeons is viable at all. I addressed this in the article.

Most quests will be the same for horde.

Definitely not.
    Hmm, so maaaany beta testers have been testing this and it's worth going for! In your opinion, why shouldnt it go faster? And it's true that Uldum are tough... And wont hyjal be overpopulated ?

Quote Originally Posted by veteran View Post
    Hmm, so maaaany beta testers have been testing this and it's worth going for! In your opinion, why shouldnt it go faster? And it's true that Uldum are tough... And wont hyjal be overpopulated ?
    Vash'ir quests grants, say, 20k XP vs 30k XP in Uldum. 50% of quests don't even require you to kill mobs, you just fly around and gather things, run errands or whatnot.

Hyjal and Vash'ir will be busy in the opening hours, but even moreso the next morning when every kid in the works wakes up and logs on. I'd advise against going to Vash'ir at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterling1 View Post
    Vash'ir quests grants, say, 20k XP vs 30k XP in Uldum. 50% of quests don't even require you to kill mobs, you just fly around and gather things, run errands or whatnot.

Hyjal and Vash'ir will be busy in the opening hours, but even moreso the next morning when every kid in the works wakes up and logs on. I'd advise against going to Vash'ir at that time.
    God, u got a point!..
    I though I got all sorted out, now i think about my route again! ;P ..
    Thanks anyway!

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    lotta work put into this but most of this is very inaccurate and/or incomplete