Tempest Keep in Cataclysm

Will be possible farm Ashes of Al'ar on Cataclysm with high end gear?

Yes. Already done on the beta.

Reagwyn 85 DK www.youtube.com/watch?v=atATvXfxwPU
    But this man is a beast when it comes to soloing.. He did Marrowgar until enrage on live -.-
    So i would wait until T12-13..
    Last edited by Cluasen; 2010-11-29 at 12:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ofcourse it will, we've been able to get ashes of al'ar since TBC!

*cough* im guessing your question is : will we be able to solofarm ashes of Al'ar? ... someone may be able to.. but i wouldnt reccomend it.. bring some friends, guildies..

Deleted
    I tried it on beta - couldn't manage it, although I'm not on the same level as that DK tactically. After seeing that video, I figured I might be able to do it again, although with protadin (I have no experience with Blood DK). I made a premade on beta, and began gemming and enchanting it - then beta ended.

So yes, a full Tier 11 Blood DK can solo it. I suspect a full T11 protadin can solo it too, but I didnt get the chance to test my theory. Fighting it normally (ie in Kael's room), I couldn't duo it (with protadin and shaman). Judging from what I've tried at 80, it will be more difficult to fight with 2-4 than it is with one, due to the mass Mind Control in P4 (when I tried at 80, he MCed shaman, druid and priest, who can all use the dagger that dispels - and left them to kill the protadin and healadin who can't use the dagger...)

Quote Originally Posted by Cluasen View Post
    Yes. Already done on the beta.

Reagwyn 85 DK www.youtube.com/watch?v=atATvXfxwPU
    But this man is a beast when it comes to soloing.. He did Marrowgar until enrage on live -.-
    So i would wait until T12-13..
    That guy is beast. Reading the comments on youtube make me /facepalm, the sheer amount of tards who cant tell the difference between 150k hp and 1.5million hp is huge, not to mention the fact that they dont think you can get T11 on the beta servers, or for that matter what beta servers are. Its sad to see that this is the kind of population the world of warcraft has.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

10+ Year Old Account
    Will eventually be solo-able when you get a bit more higher gear, assuming tier 12 and on.

My girlfriend, roommate and I plan on doing a 3 man of BT, TK, Sunwell, and possibly Naxxramas each week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perplex View Post
    Will eventually be solo-able when you get a bit more higher gear, assuming tier 12 and on.

My girlfriend, roommate and I plan on doing a 3 man of BT, TK, Sunwell, and possibly Naxxramas each week.
    You won't be able to 3man TK due to MC, he'll just MC you all and reset.
    "Ret paladins have been in a beta stage for 8 years, one day we will be ready for launch." - anaxie

Quote Originally Posted by Perplex View Post

If I was you I would just do TK and ICC. ICC 10 is currently 5 man-able.
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b67YCceBDQo
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/sualitu#p/u/0/6gfS8CTcO8k

But yeah I cant wait to be able to knock out TK with just the wife and I for the mount =D

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

It has been soloed. But I'd wager that in top t15 or whatever the top tier in cata is that people will be able to solo it much easier. Most likely without the freaky kiting in that video.

it'll never be an easy solo though even with our T12+

Deleted
    Hoy humans !
    I found 2 videos pertaining to this discussion.

One is of a Demonology Warlock level 80 (!) soloing Al'ar in patch 4.0.3 >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjocYIDbJUY
    The other is Raegwyn soloing Al'ar on level 80 (!) a year ago, before ICC was even out (!) >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gla7M...eature=related

The same Raegwyn I see now soloed whole of Tempest Keep on level 85 on Cata Beta servers.

Beam out! pzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyelf View Post
    its very easy to 3man Kael, its possible to 2man Kael on 80 lvl
    it wont be hard to 2man him on 85

Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Hoy humans !
    I found 2 videos pertaining to this discussion.

One is of a Demonology Warlock level 80 (!) soloing Al'ar in patch 4.0.3 >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjocYIDbJUY
    The other is Raegwyn soloing Al'ar on level 80 (!) a year ago, before ICC was even out (!) >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gla7M...eature=related

The same Raegwyn I see now soloed whole of Tempest Keep on level 85 on Cata Beta servers.

Beam out! pzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Ehm so the problem is tho Kael'thas Sunstrider is like 1000 times harder then Al'ar.. Its like comparing soloing a naxx/ulduar boss to soloing LK..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyelf View Post
    It is actually random on how many he MC's. I've seen him MC two players only even one player, so it's all about RNG.