Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    I mean I can see how this may be a problem if you planned on sleeping, but last I remembered people who get their games at midnight generally don't sleep, I may be wrong but.... Maybe its just me/"hardcore" gamers/etc.

P.S Not implying that I am "hardcore".

Cant stop laughing

I cant stop laughing at how people are complaining about the start times, so I had to register and post.

Easterners...if you are QQ about starting at 3am instead of 12am...because now its 3 hours later...and you have work the next day. I am calling BS.
    Tell me if you log on Cata at 12am...you won't be playing for at least 3 hours...and if your not going to be playing constantly...then what does 3 hours or 3 days matter...because obviously you don't care about being the "first" of anything.
    And its not you starting 3 hours later, its all at same time.

Here is a thought, go to bed 3 hours earlier, and wake up 3 hours earlier. Tradition of midnight release is that your "pulling an all-nighter" for the fun of it anyways.

Plus at least you will have your system ready if you have to pick up the game at the 12am release time, you will still have head start for those without digital download.

I am a west coast, sure I may be biased, but this just makes sense. For once blizzard actually thought something through, good job blizzard.
    Last edited by kamiza; 2010-12-04 at 08:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    well you wait 3 hours whilst i wait 18 hours

It would be hard for them to enforce the do not sell early rule that distributors and retailers have set if they did staggered release times. And then the confusion and the disasterous ramifcations when the next release comes out that doesn't have a staggrd release time. Law suites abound.

They had to pick a time zone. Why not the time zone that their corp headquarters are based in.

Whats the QQ about? it comes out at midnight. the servers go live at the same time for everyone so its fair.

and i'm in australia and get it at 6 pm on tuesday so if it doesnt effect me it should not effect you.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way i see it blizz has the zones divided by timezone so realm first wouldnt be an issue if Blizz made it so people could see what timezone a realm was before they chose a realm to play on, of course it would have had to be implemented back in vanil but im just saying

i dont think he is trying to troll... i think is what he is saying is alot of people work int he morning on wed... so why not do the rhealms going live at midnight eastern to give peopel on the east coast a few hours to play... west coast should not bitch at all about it cause your getting even more time if you work the next day. i actually think it is a good idea... but it wont happen this time.

saleitem

People complain about the strangest things. If you look at the situation objectively, a midnight PST start time is the lesser of two evils. Either way someone has to wait 3 hours, but at least this way no one is falling behind in game time. Not to mention it's only fair after the west coast was put at a disadvantage in both previous expansions.

Naturally, no one looks at it objectively. It's always what's best for me, regardless of whether it makes any sense.

I'm on the east coast. Yes, it's inconvenient. No, I'm not complaining about the change.

Call me crazy, but I remember WotLK hitting at 9pm West, 12 midnight East.
    Official Thread Killer

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Things are still equally fair for the majority of east coasters.

Just because -you- have problems with a 3 a.m. server launch doesn't mean the majority of people do.
    Unless the economy has gotten so horrible that unemployment has risen to 51%, or 51% of the people who play wow don't have jobs, yes the majority of people on the east coast will in fact have a problem with this.

Normal hours, late hours, early hours- no matter what times you work, 3 am prettymuch fucks you.

I really like how people appear to think that I bought the game and have to wait 3 hours before it goes live is exactly the same as Oh look they get to play for 3 hours before I can play. If that is the case then tell you what why don't you wait until 6am and then start playing.