Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Gear in Cata will look the same again !!!

I'm sad to see no diversity in gear.

Every piece of the gear looks the same, maybe different color.By the same I mean non tier gear looks like tier gear.....

I was hoping for some unique models, and diversity of gear where people could choose from, and not everyone to look the same again...

This is not a QQ thread, I'm just pointing out a fact and looking for someone who feels the same...

when you look at the trinkets seems like Blizzard is doing the same proc thing ,just punching out biggers numbers
    Last edited by zixi; 2010-11-29 at 01:48 AM.

It's kinda hard to invent the wheel twice, and for models i'l say as to every brainless kid, PLACEHOLDER!!!!

and again. if u don't llike the game dont play it

Blizz needs to make appearance slots/tabs

Matching sets are good.

I'd rather not go back to the candy shop explosion that was BC heroic gear.

I would be a fan of adding item "looks" that you can change your gear to what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    It's kinda hard to invent the wheel twice, and for models i'l say as to every brainless kid, PLACEHOLDER!!!!

and again. if u don't llike the game dont play it
    Why does everyone seem to think if you don't like one aspect of the game you shouldn't play it. It seems he doesn't like the models of gear and was just making an opinion about it potentially sparking a discussion. I for one don't like the models too much but I think the artists are doing a great job with everything in the game to date so I overlook it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    I would be a fan of adding item "looks" that you can change your gear to what you want.
    I wouldn't be opposed to that idea. I, for one, loved the paladin Wrathful pvp set.

"History does not allow freedom to be defended by the weak and the timid." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower, 1953

Quote Originally Posted by Damnit View Post
    Why does everyone seem to think if you don't like one aspect of the game you shouldn't play it. It seems he doesn't like the models of gear and was just making an opinion about it potentially sparking a discussion. I for one don't like the models too much but I think the artists are doing a great job with everything in the game to date so I overlook it.
    This is not a QQ thread, I'm just pointing out a fact and looking for someone who feels the same...
    sounds like fact more then an opinion. and how often do you do something volountarly ( or w/e its spelled) that u hate and dont like if you dont have to. if u keep playing but u dont want to cuz u dont like it anymore/ the looks. then u got problems my friend

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by setheral View Post
    Matching sets are good.

I'd rather not go back to the candy shop explosion that was BC heroic gear.
    This, this, annddd.. this.

BC gear was just painful to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynon View Post
    I wouldn't be opposed to that idea. I, for one, loved the paladin Wrathful pvp set.
    A lot of us would like that, but the sad truth is.. Blizzard will never do it. They've said multiple times over the years that they wouldn't.

PS: Of course, that's suffice to say that Blizzard never says 'never', so it's a possibility, albeit an incredibly slight one.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    ...and for models i'l say as to every brainless kid, PLACEHOLDER!!!!

Beta is over and Cata launches in a week, I'd say about 90% of what you saw is final, IMO

Gear has always looked the same. This has been true since BC; there is leveling gear, which is usually about 4 or so different armor sets of each type with a smattering of recolors, then dungeon gear, which is either generally a few sets of gear tops for each armor class, then recolors of tier gear, then finally PvP sets. The only time I can honestly think of when this formula had the mold totally broken was when ZA came out and there was that whole sweet-ass troll plate set.

That said, matching sets are GOOD. Do you honestly just want to look like a mess of mismatched gear and color?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arantir View Post
    Beta is over and Cata launches in a week, I'd say about 90% of what you saw is final, IMO
    Don't you try to bring logic into this! If someone complains about something you yell PLACEHOLDER until they go away.

Blizz is doing what they can, if you're unhappy with their work go play another game. Don't QQ because something doesn't live up to your expectations. Yes, you may be a loyal customer but Blizz frankly doesn't care since they have like 12mil more customers.

Quote Originally Posted by RBFxJMH View Post
    Don't you try to bring logic into this! If someone complains about something you yell PLACEHOLDER until they go away.
    Lol'd hard. I just imagined someone in the supreme court talking about something like cutting taxes then the whole room explodes with PLACEHOLDER PLACEHOLDER PLACEHOLDER till he sits back down.

OT: Im willing to bet that most of the WoW population plays with the camera zoomed all the way out anyways and probably spends more time looking at
    a) what you're killing
    b) what you're healing
    c) what you're clicking
    d) what button you're pressing
    e) raid UI

rather than looking at what gear you're wearing. Yeah it's nice to see some variety but it really isn't that big of a deal.

I would take matching recolored parts with my set over random poorly designed yet omgzuperunique looking items anyday. The point of them matching is so they MATCH your set when you mix them. Not laziness of the designers.
    “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.”
    ~G.B. Shaw

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnusdragon View Post
    Lol'd hard. I just imagined someone in the supreme court talking about something like cutting taxes then the whole room explodes with PLACEHOLDER PLACEHOLDER PLACEHOLDER till he sits back down.

OT: Im willing to bet that most of the WoW population plays with the camera zoomed all the way out anyways and probably spends more time looking at
    a) what you're killing
    b) what you're healing
    c) what you're clicking
    d) what button you're pressing
    e) raid UI

rather than looking at what gear you're wearing. Yeah it's nice to see some variety but it really isn't that big of a deal.
    This. Not to mention that every class has had a bad tier or two. They can't all be breathtaking.

I thought the same thing through WOTLK while leveling. I had to take off awesome looking BC gear and put on bland brown WOTLK gear. But when I got to 80 I realized what was going on. The Epics started looking awesome again. So I guess its a progression. They want You to start each expansion in plain looking gear and work Your way up to not only epic quality gear, but epic looking gear. I guess their has to be incentives to leveling up and progressing. I will agree that BC gear was over the top looking and colorful and crazy looking..I loved it..I love massive rediculous shoulders and weapons that look like they should be rode not wielded..I love glowing, smoking, awesome gear. And at the end of BC I thought my toons looked awesome..at the end of WOTLK I think my toons look good..but not awesome..I wonder if they have a different gear designer or sumpin. I know WOTLK was going for a Viking look..BC was a outerspace look..and I believe CATA is going for Egyptian looking..I guess its all about preference..

Quote Originally Posted by Arantir View Post
    LOTS of things change between final beta versions and release. I remember playing warcraft 3 FT beta, and they had placeholder mobs in for many of the creeps until the final day of the beta. When the game was released a few weeks later the creeps all had their correct model.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

15+ Year Old Account
    game is about game play. game is not about gear.

Its super awesome fun time to get together with your guild/friends and kill big ass dragons. Getting gear is sorta secondary.