am i going to be behind for raiding in cataclysm?

so since cata is coming out on the seventh i'm going to have to hold out until christmas to buy it (presents for friends and family come before presents for me)... which puts me about two weeks behind. do you guys think i will be significantly behind the first tier of raiding come the expansion? now, i dont give a crap about world firsts or anything, but i would like to be a Dragonslayer before its *yawn* outdated.

also, any tips for a guy whos going to be stuck in northrend for two weeks after launch? something that might give me a leg up on the leveling. i plan just grind money and watch the auction house for cheap herbs and gems to power level my professions when i do get the expac, but anything else?
    Last edited by username2010; 2010-11-29 at 02:44 AM.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    You shouldn't be too far behind, as long as you aren't in a top guild on your server. A lot of people will more than likely take 2 weeks after release to hit 85.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    I prefer my own description.

The Alliance, we have beards.
    Fuck you.

You should be easily fine for what you want.

I think it really depends on how the guilds on your server fair come Cataclysm. So it might be yes might be no
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

Shouldn't be a big deal, assuming you level to 85 quickly.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Wont be a problem, I am doing something similar myself.

oh its a decent server and i have an good guild, not a top guild or anything, but we're pretty okay. and, yeah, ill level up pretty quick once i have the game (it is the holidays afterall). sweet, that puts me at ease, thanks

I don't think Christmas will be such a big deal. Some hardcore people will be hitting the raids within the first week but most a average guilds won't start really raiding and clearing the content regularly for a few weeks at least. I remember on my server in wotlk it took until mid December

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as it doesnt take you a few months after christmas yeah you should be okay. Plenty of time to level and raid before another tier comes out.

a lot of not-so-cheap-ppl-that-don't-paid-transfer will be leveling their goblins and worgen toons, remember? not to talk about the massive waves of children and teenager that are gonna start playing 24th so...no, you will have no problem at all

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    massive waves of children and teenager that are gonna start playing 24th so...no, you will have no problem at all
    sweet maybe i should just quit wow

Nah. Only the top tier raiding guilds will be rolling over Tier 11 content in that time frame. Followed by Guilds that claim to be hard core, but can never find the right people online who are struggling with the first 5 bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Atleast you're not being deployed until the end of February the DAY Cata comes out