Poll: Who do you want to win?

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I like that people talk about Cairne like he was a terrible fighter, he was probably better than 99% of the horde despite his age.

As for who would win, in an arena fight like Garrosh vs. Cairne, I would give it to Garrosh.

Otherwise Vol'jin.

As for who'd I'd like to lead the Horde, probably Garrosh once he has learned his lessons in leading, he is a charismatic leader but does things that make his allies not like him.

gah I hate Sylvanas though, such a horrible character. Baine should take over, and Anduin take over Alliance, then there shall be peace
    O_o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacefrogger View Post
    Who do you want to win?
    An Orc, any other race shouldn't be considered, as I've said many times in the past, it was founded by an Orc and built up by an Orc and it should stay that way. Unless it's a bizarre circumstance, but Garrosh isn't doing anything worrying yet, so I would stick with Garrosh for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by surafang View Post
    No no the question is what the hell has vol'jin done? Acually Garrosh is one of the most skilled fighters in the horde, and he led the horde to victory in Northrend. Vol'jin recaptured a couple islands.
    Garrosh did NOTHING in Northrend except stand next to Tirion the whole time sucking his balls.

Vol'jin has been with the Horde much longer than Garrosh, and I think he could beat him, too.

Vol'jin would win no problem! I believe there is a little bit of foreshadowing in the echo isles when he shows you a vision of Garrosh and himself arguing. Vol'jin says something along the lines of "When the time is right and your reign is almost over I'll be the arrow in your back."

Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    garrosh goes bare chested..
    one arrow straight trough hes heart and its goodnight
    so yeah, voted Vol'jin
    This

I would rather have had Cairne then either of them, but well thats not really an option anymore so I'll go with my next favorite, Vol'jin. No, he has never done a hell of a lot but that doesn't have much to do with it....he was more or less an advisor to Thrall though he certainly does have some experience. Garrosh spent most of his time mowing lawns in Nagrand in recent years then he comes back and hes like RAWRZOMGKILLALLIANCE which is pretty much what everything he says can be be translated to. He doesn't think about anything he just does shit and thinks he's really badass because of his father. And he didn't do much of anything in Northrend. It was mostly the players and annoying ole' Tirion. Hell, Saurfang did a hell of a lot more than Garrosh did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh's image appears.

Image of Garrosh says: Don't talk back to me, troll. You know who was left in charge here. Haven't you stopped to ask yourself why Thrall chose me instead of you?

Vol'jin's image appears.

Image of Vol'jin says: Dere be no question why, Garrosh. He gave ya tha title because ya be Grom's Son and because tha people be wantin' a war hero.

Image of Vol'jin says: To which I tink ya be even more like ya father den he thought, even without ya havin' da demon blood.

Image of Garrosh says: You are lucky I don't gut you right here, whelp. You are foolish to think that you can speak to your Warchief in such ways.

Image of Vol'jin says: Ya be no Warchief of mine. Ya've not earned my respect and I'll not be seein' tha Horde destroyed by ya foolish thirst for war.

Image of Garrosh says: And what exactly do you think that you'll do about it? Your threats are hollow. Go slink away with the rest of your kind in the slums. I will endure your filth in my throne room no longer.

Image of Vol'jin says: I know exactly what I'll be doin' about it, son of Hellscream. I'll be watchin' as ya people slowly become aware of ya ineptitude. I'll laugh as dey grow ta despise ya as I do. And when tha time comes dat ya failure is complete and ya "power" is meaningless, I will be dere to end ya rule, swiftly and silently. Ya will spend ya reign glancin' over ya shoulda and fearin' tha shadows, for when tha time comes and ya blood be slowly drainin' out, ya will know exactly who fired da arrow dat pierced ya heart.

Image of Garrosh says: You have sealed your fate, troll.

Image of Garrosh spits at Vol'jin's feet.

Image of Vol'jin says: And you yours, "Warchief".

Garrosh's image fades.

Vol'jin's image fades.
    I really hope Garrosh just dies soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Starsoo View Post
    Well, let's see...Garrosh nearly beat Thrall in combat before the scourge attacked Orgrimmar and interrupted their fight...and everyone would agree that Thrall would destroy Vol'Jin...so I say it is a safe bet to say that Garrosh would easily defeat Vol'Jin....

I personally would love to see Garrosh win, just because I think that he would be wrong for doing so...which would make for a more interesting plot, which is what I play WoW for...
    Lore wise thrall was toying with garrosh .
    "The sky's will rain fire." "The oceans will boil." "The streets will run red with the blood of billions only then when your last pitiful hope is extinguished will I end your life lets go."

Quote Originally Posted by orcshaman24 View Post
    Oh please. You don't know jack about the law unless it concerns Garrosh, and even then you fabricate it or only look at half the facts.
    Know more than you. Thats for sure. You old sig pretty much called everyone stupid if they like Garrosh. Also when I questioned that quest where Garrosh assigned to kill all those ally in desolace you ignored it.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    An Orc, any other race shouldn't be considered, as I've said many times in the past, it was founded by an Orc and built up by an Orc and it should stay that way. Unless it's a bizarre circumstance, but Garrosh isn't doing anything worrying yet, so I would stick with Garrosh for the time being.
    I agree. Garrosh seems like a perfect leader in place of Thrall if he were to control his anger...but he has done nothing wrong so far. I know this thread is about who would win, not who would actually be a better leader, but I feel that should be addressed as well. Garrosh might not have a ton of experience fighting, but he does have alot of experiencing leading. He led the forces into Northrend. If anything, he is better fit to lead the Horde right now, especially with all the tension between factions and the potential need for war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between Nagrand and your dreams
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    You mean besides killing sailors for the hell of it to poke two fingers up at Varian, breaking any treaty made after the battle in northrend, and then going on to kill (wanting to, but only made possible with poison) Cairne, leading to hundreds of tauren being slaughtered as a result.. ooh yeah, lets sweap it under the rug and pretend otherwise huh.
    "The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn."

Know more than you. Thats for sure. You old sig pretty much called everyone stupid if they like Garrosh.
    Anyone who likes garrosh is stupid.
    "The sky's will rain fire." "The oceans will boil." "The streets will run red with the blood of billions only then when your last pitiful hope is extinguished will I end your life lets go."

Quote Originally Posted by DexterityRogueFeathermoon View Post
    then there shall be peace
    Why...?
    To be married on January 21st, 2011.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between Nagrand and your dreams
    Quote Originally Posted by Isharii View Post
    Garrosh did NOTHING in Northrend except stand next to Tirion the whole time sucking his balls.

Vol'jin has been with the Horde much longer than Garrosh, and I think he could beat him, too.
    This too
    "The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn."

Well, let's see...Garrosh nearly beat Thrall in combat before the scourge attacked Orgrimmar and interrupted their fight...and everyone would agree that Thrall would destroy Vol'Jin...so I say it is a safe bet to say that Garrosh would easily defeat Vol'Jin....

I personally would love to see Garrosh win, just because I think that he would be wrong for doing so...which would make for a more interesting plot, which is what I play WoW for...
    LOL lets be honest, thrall wasn't really trying. Pure melee to melee, Garrosh is probably a bit stronger than either Vol'jin or Thrall, but if you mean actually fighting abilities, Thrall and Vol'jin could destroy him. They are both powerful spell casters in their own rights, Garrosh knows nothing of magic, he is a simple mindless barbarian.

If Thrall had REALLY tried, he would have knocked Garrosh around like a bitch, but instead he didn't use any magic against him, and was still barely beaten after a long fight. This is a person who hasn't been doing much melee fighting, but rather using shamanism and leading a horde, think about that.

Quote Originally Posted by turlyonlost to tirion wtf View Post
    Lore wise thrall was toying with garrosh .
    Not questioning your knowledge, or doubting you, just curious where you found that out..?

10+ Year Old Account
    i voted voljin. he's way cooler than garrosh

No no the question is what the hell has vol'jin done? Acually Garrosh is one of the most skilled fighters in the horde, and he led the horde to victory in Northrend. Vol'jin recaptured a couple islands.
    your forgetting (this is for hordes making fun of Gnomes about their home Gnomeregan) These Island were under the control of level 5-10 mobs.

I agree. Garrosh seems like a perfect leader in place of Thrall if he were to control his anger...but he has done nothing wrong so far. I know this thread is about who would win, not who would actually be a better leader, but I feel that should be addressed as well. Garrosh might not have a ton of experience fighting, but he does have alot of experiencing leading. He led the forces into Northrend. If anything, he is better fit to lead the Horde right now, especially with all the tension between factions and the potential need for war.
    You do realize that Vol'jin has been a adviser to thrall since the start of wow, he isn't exactly incompetent, not to mention he successfully planned out and executed the attack to retake echo islands.