Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Low level feral tanking unplayable

I am wearing 5 blues because I corpse crawled through a few instances with guild mates. I died 4 times on the last boss of Ragefire chasms. I couldnt get past any bosses in Deadmines without dying several times. I have 650 health. I am near death every second. I oom healers so fast it isnt funny. The last straw that crushed me was when they asked me to go DPS and let the Hunters Gator DPS and he did fine. His pet never died once?

Last Wailing cavern I had 2 healers leave before they finally kicked me. I am holding threat but I am taking massive amounts of damage, not healable damage with such small mana pools.

WTF happened? I have leveled 4 druids all as tanks. 2 Taurens and a 80 NE and now a Troll Druid and I have never had a single problem until now. Hell, if anything I thought bear tanking was easymode and OP. Now? I die almost instantly.

I ask, WTF? Is low level bear tanking broken?

vengence stacks braah, be thankful

You must be doing something wrong, or you get bad healers. Recently leveled a Shaman up to 59, and I've had multiple Druid tanks through RFC, all the way up to BRD. None of them died while I was healing.

No offence but you must be doing something wrong, i've been lvling my druid with no BoAs and the only time i wipe is if i overpull, or it could always be the healers.

I admit that I've also been leveling a bear tank, and maybe I'm just not used to tanking, but it feels like I'm getting thrashed to hell in low level instances. More than once, I've queued as a tank then just suggested that one of the other plate classes tank instead of me and ended up DPSing instead. I generally haven't actually died all that much, but I feel near death a lot. And I do my best to never pull more than one pack at a time.

It is a nice way to get instant queues though, I must say...

Must be the healers. Bear tanks leveling up are very durable.

probably the 4.0.3a changes killed the druid leveling tanking builds cause it was op at lvl 80

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Swipe more, it's really good!

Reading is fundamental?

---------- Post added 2010-11-29 at 05:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Must be the healers. Bear tanks leveling up are very durable.
    If this were last week, I'd have to agree. Like Ive said, I've leveled a few druid tanks and all were straight easy money. Now? It's a nightmare and I remain on the brink of death every second. As a long time tank you can feel when youy are really squishy. I feel and I know that my bear tank now is as soft as Carvel icecream.

I am glancing into my talent tree and I have a feeling I am in for a long, hard road until i get my hands on some crit immunity.
    Last edited by Stormcleave; 2010-11-29 at 05:16 AM.

Are you weareing correct blues? 650 hp seems low. (Based on that the normal 19 twink had 1400 or so).
    Also, it could be the healer or it could be you pulling too much, because after leveling one of each tank class i can honestly say that i have died exactly 0 times due to being severly mauled by a single pull, only times i have died is when a healer afk or when someone decides we need 5-6 packs.

I have every tanking class at 80 and I know how to tank. I know when I feel squishy and something is just plain wrong. If you need Heirloom gear or to outgear the instance, something is wrong. A tank should and can walk into Ragefire chasms with a few greens and the rest grays. I am getting straight up housed atm.
    I have a 64 Tauren druid on Blackhand a 80 NE druid on Kel Thuzad a 54 Tauren druid on Blackrock and now a lvl 18 Troll Druid. All were leveld as a tank. I know something is wrong, I can feel it.

I am a surgical puller and I am pulling small. But, I am dying on bosses because I am near death constantly. Full, near death, full, near death, dead.

Deleted
    650 hp is low as in.. woah. I'm not sure what level you are, but im pretty sure i had twice as much when my shaman was wc/dm level.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcleave View Post
    Reading is fundamental?[COLOR="red"].
    Sarcasm, my dear friend.

you really must be doing something terribly wrong, even as a mage(yes, i tend to pull aggro more often then i enjoy) the bosses weren't hitting me hard enough to even be close to near death until after like 5-6 swings, and i was usually healed before then, unless all of the Healers you've had were born with an extra chromosone or something i do not see what is wrong.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Mobs hit a shit ton harder now, so pull less at a time.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've been leveling up my gnome priest 1-56 so far. I've found druids to have the lowest health pools of all the tanks by a considerable margin, sometimes as much as 50% less. Havent found them to be super squishy tho, had more trouble with paladins in cloth really ! I definately think they need to adjust health pools in lowbie bears a little bit tho as when compared to a competent warrior or pally they are just lacking.

Can You link your Armory?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcleave View Post
    I have 650 health.
    At 18, my mage has 677 health, and that's not even in full heirlooms and with other items being lvl 10-15 greens. If you have only 650 health in bear form, there's something wrong...

I did DeadMines earlier today and got a level 19 feral tank. I'm leveling a boomkin myself and got all heirlooms and leather items in every slot, still my damage reduction i bear form is only 23%. The problem is that BEAR form (note: not DIRE bear form) increases armor gained from items by 65% which isn't a whole lot at 15-25. Well the feral druid died in a sec from the hard hitting mobs before the second boss so we had our retpala with no heirlooms tank the rest of the dungeon without a shield and never dropping below 50% hp..

Looks to me like You might wanna dps as cat up till you get Dire Bear form until Blizz fixes the issues..Personally I would park that toon and play another..My main is Druid tank and has GS 3k+, 70 mounts, all kinds of achievements and I'm parking him and playing my other level 80 tanks (DK, Warrior, Pally) Because I just cant stand how druids play now..There are just too many bugs and weaknesses..I figure Blizz will fix them and i pull him out of mothballs and be happy..but for now..go boom, cat or another class.

It's the healers. A lot do not understand that you can no longer spam the short quick heal. It's definitely gotten more difficult than it has been previously, meaning pulling multiple groups can strain some healers, but they certainly should not be ooming as fast as it sounds unless they are spamming their quick heal.