Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Maybe u shud link ur armory for everyone to see. Do u have mostly +agi and +stam stuff? OR are u in all the wrong gear for some reason?

10+ Year Old Account
    i have leveled a hunter recently and i have seen a few bear tanks have issues dieing/low health. usaully once they die i chuck on growl and my pet never falls below 75% not sure whats up but i think theyre might be something.

Or it could be the healers

Dont worry, in a few levels you wont have enough threat to get hit so no more deaths.

Druid tanking atm is screwed up, not sure what they did but they need to stop doing it.

That honestly shouldn't be the problem though. Like he said...A feral spec'd bear should be able to go into RFC and tank shit with the white crap you get between level 1-15 questing. I do know that my healer partner that I que with complains about half the bears he has to heal where they take too much damage, but the other half take so little damage that he DPS's...

Armory would be helpful for people to see your gear/spec.

I've off tanked in bear at level 20ish through SFK. MT was a bear as well. Healer was not spamming expensive heals. Our group was getting killed and we were hardly pulling more than 3 at a time. There were points where I had to drop cat and pick up the heals on the tank or jump into bear because the tank was dead/near death. Cat form rules but bear form sucks, even questing there isn't much difference in dmg mitigation going from cat to bear to survive a big pull. So who knows... I'm personally just staying cat until Dire Bear form. Leveling is super fast with the new quests anyways...

I have a level 17 mage with like 4 blues and a couple greens it has 1000 health no boas
    i think u accidently got the wrong gear or somtin but u should have a solid 1000 health that way u wont die as easy

10+ Year Old Account
    Just go Feral dps until somewhere between 25-40. That is where you can get a lot the be really good Tanking abilities, yea I know it is a large range, but I can't remember where it is you get all of the abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

Deleted
    True, druid tanks take a bunch more damage than paladins or warriors do. You cant block so theres the answer.

Im leveling a priest toon atm and below lvl36 (when you get swipe or what level was it?) druid tanks have aggro issues as well as they try to die faster than a clothy in a kickboxing tournament.
    However it does get much better at level 40 with dire bear form. dont know what exactly is the difference but I can ignore to heal them after they are shielded as my smites heal them enough after the shield drops.

If your healers are going oom I can only say that if they are priests or shaman they have the wrong skills, wrong gear or simply dont know how to heal. Mana efficiency is a big deal on low levels and I had my fair share of /oom in gnomeregan when they chainpulled and I couldnt canibalise those robots.

tbh I have leveled druidtanks also and lowlevel beartanking was always broken in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Justbearwithit View Post
    That honestly shouldn't be the problem though. Like he said...A feral spec'd bear should be able to go into RFC and tank shit with the white crap you get between level 1-15 questing. I do know that my healer partner that I que with complains about half the bears he has to heal where they take too much damage, but the other half take so little damage that he DPS's...

Armory would be helpful for people to see your gear/spec.
    Of course a feal tank should be able to tank the LK naked.. he should also be able to solo the entirity of Naxx with just the trinket from the brewfest event..

No all other tanks need to gear up approximately for the instance they are gonna tank.. but not ferals they can do it nude...

TBH i have heard a lto of crap against healers and even suffered worse...

There are tank specs for a reason and the gear is there for a reason.. that is to make it so that you are TANKING and not just getting hit like fook and the healer is FORCED to used his fastest, biggest heals on you to keep you up. Fury warriors are not tanks, Any dk that isnt blood spec is not a tank.. regardless of your presence.., holy paladins are not tanks.. Balance druids are nto tanks even in your bear form.. want me to go on as i have seen it all..

If you are having problems staying alive check to see you are glyphed right using your cd's right, finding every bit of survivablity out of you spec, build and gear.. do that before saying its bugged or blamign the healers..

FURY WARRIOR: I can tank I got plate and can heal myself
    HEALER: I dunno mate.. you willt ake damage like hell, i dunno if i got enough mana..
    FURY WARRIOR: I can solo most of these believe me
    HEALER: oh okay give it a chance, pull a few at a time and go slow
    FURY WARRIOR: Pulls 5 mobs
    wipe
    FURY WARRIOR: Noob healer

Quote Originally Posted by ProBubble View Post
    Of course a feal tank should be able to tank the LK naked.. he should also be able to solo the entirity of Naxx with just the trinket from the brewfest event..

No all other tanks need to gear up approximately for the instance they are gonna tank.. but not ferals they can do it nude...

TBH i have heard a lto of crap against healers and even suffered worse...

There are tank specs for a reason and the gear is there for a reason.. that is to make it so that you are TANKING and not just getting hit like fook and the healer is FORCED to used his fastest, biggest heals on you to keep you up. Fury warriors are not tanks, Any dk that isnt blood spec is not a tank.. regardless of your presence.., holy paladins are not tanks.. Balance druids are nto tanks even in your bear form.. want me to go on as i have seen it all..

If you are having problems staying alive check to see you are glyphed right using your cd's right, finding every bit of survivablity out of you spec, build and gear.. do that before saying its bugged or blamign the healers..

FURY WARRIOR: I can tank I got plate and can heal myself
    HEALER: I dunno mate.. you willt ake damage like hell, i dunno if i got enough mana..
    FURY WARRIOR: I can solo most of these believe me
    HEALER: oh okay give it a chance, pull a few at a time and go slow
    FURY WARRIOR: Pulls 5 mobs
    wipe
    FURY WARRIOR: Noob healer
    Yeah I think you missed out on the "Low level feral tanking" or the "1-15". But thanks for your input!

15+ Year Old Account
    All druid tanks have had less health than casters in a group, even if the druids had full looms. Bear form giving less sta?

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the same problem with my troll tank. Its not the fkin healers, I can assure you of that, I`m not doing anything wrong (wtf could i do wrong to get more dmg o_O), Im not pulling more than 3 mobs at a time but i still get battered like a nerd in the schoolyard. With all blues, my armor stands @ 23% and after I die, I see ret palas taking less dmg than me when tanking the mobs. Also, wtf is this, we have 3 abilities at low level (mangle, maul, FF) and all are on cd???

I played a druid tank through all of ICC, I have 11/12 25 man hc down on this druid and I never seen such bullcrap. I thought that levelling my new tank through dungeons will be as easy as before but its not the case. I can understand that Blizzard wants to accustom players with certain restrictions when it comes to doing dungeons (dont pull everything like in wrath, use stuns/interrupts, CDs and shit) but doing so at such level (under lvl 30) its not very fun and can be very frustrating for new players.

Also, people who post about what druid tanking was before the Shattering, stop there, your input is utterly useless.
    Last edited by Octan; 2010-11-29 at 07:47 AM.

Easy fix: dire bear at 15 instead of bear

my lvl 14 paladin had 700+ hp in green black smithing items. you should be able to get much higher than 700 if you actually able to use the lfg tool.

Quote Originally Posted by winterfox72 View Post
    Looks to me like You might wanna dps as cat up till you get Dire Bear form until Blizz fixes the issues..Personally I would park that toon and play another..My main is Druid tank and has GS 3k+, 70 mounts, all kinds of achievements and I'm parking him and playing my other level 80 tanks (DK, Warrior, Pally) Because I just cant stand how druids play now..There are just too many bugs and weaknesses..I figure Blizz will fix them and i pull him out of mothballs and be happy..but for now..go boom, cat or another class.
    Maybe you are doing something wrong, cause my bear tank plays just fine. 3.3k GS all sorts of fun achieves. The only real issue we have at the moment is that our AOE threat on big (ie 4+ mob pulls) sucks because we dont have anything like Consecrate / DND to drop for continuous passive aggro untill we get Thrash at 81. Other then that, druids are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcleave View Post
    I am wearing 5 blues because I corpse crawled through a few instances with guild mates. I died 4 times on the last boss of Ragefire chasms. I couldnt get past any bosses in Deadmines without dying several times. I have 650 health. I am near death every second. I oom healers so fast it isnt funny. The last straw that crushed me was when they asked me to go DPS and let the Hunters Gator DPS and he did fine. His pet never died once?

Last Wailing cavern I had 2 healers leave before they finally kicked me. I am holding threat but I am taking massive amounts of damage, not healable damage with such small mana pools.

WTF happened? I have leveled 4 druids all as tanks. 2 Taurens and a 80 NE and now a Troll Druid and I have never had a single problem until now. Hell, if anything I thought bear tanking was easymode and OP. Now? I die almost instantly.

I ask, WTF? Is low level bear tanking broken?
    Something must have been wrong there. I did Wailing Caverns on my druid not that long ago, and he was fine... not invincible, certainly, but the healer kept me up. The healer in question was my wife on her new tauren pally; at the time, we were level 18 (19 by the end), and on a server with no heirlooms. I had one blue going in, 3 by the end of the run.

Worse than the damage, in my opinion, is our toolbox. At that level, I was tanking WC with nothing but maul, mangle, and demoralizing roar... thorns if I felt really ambitious and cast it before the pull (too dangerous to try and cast it mid-pull). That gives us precious little to tank with against groups of any size. Yes, I did it, and it worked... but compare that to warriors having Strike, Heroic Strike, Rend, Thunderclap, Shield Slap, and Sunder Armor (plus charge if they feel like stance dancing).

15+ Year Old Account
    i did deathmines whit a druid as tank and he was fine on argo he did take a lot of damage but he was only wearing a few pieces of armor :P
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by winterfox72 View Post
    Looks to me like You might wanna dps as cat up till you get Dire Bear form
    Dire Bear Form is removed, there's only Bear Form.

The mobs and bosses in low level instances have had their HP increased by ALOT and the damage increased slighty. RFC is pretty hard since the increase is most noticable there.

Druids are probably the worst low level tanks, hp is nerfed and armor isn't that good either.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumnqt View Post
    It's the healers. A lot do not understand that you can no longer spam the short quick heal. It's definitely gotten more difficult than it has been previously, meaning pulling multiple groups can strain some healers, but they certainly should not be ooming as fast as it sounds unless they are spamming their quick heal.
    Except there isn´t a whole lot to choose from at that level area - at most 2 different heals from what I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Autumnqt View Post
    It's the healers. A lot do not understand that you can no longer spam the short quick heal. It's definitely gotten more difficult than it has been previously, meaning pulling multiple groups can strain some healers, but they certainly should not be ooming as fast as it sounds unless they are spamming their quick heal.
    Also leaving out the ret pallies queueing as healers and then wondering why the group fails...