10+ Year Old Account

Question I wonder if Ninja Varian will make an appearance (The Shattering Novel SPOILERS)

Towards the end of The Shattering by Christie Golden, Varian leads SI:7 on a top-secret mission to assassinate Moira (As I'm sure many of you know). I can't seem to find the picture of Varian and a few of the Rogues but those who have the book have probably seen it. He looks pretty epic and shows he can change fighting styles as long as he gets to cut into something XD

That's not the only reason I'm bringing his up. The Horde version of The Battle for Andorhal has the player questing for Sylvanas (though she doesn't reveal herself until the end of the chain) and the new Gnome Starting area has you questing with Mekkatorque at one point. Sure, a chunk of us have done The Battle for the Undercity (one of my all-time favorite quests in LK) and the Twilight Bosses as well. Still, I think there should be at least one chain per race that requires you to pair up with either a Faction Leader or a major lore character per region. LK had alot of this which was awesome but I'd like to see more =D
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between Nagrand and your dreams
    Ninja Varian, yet another alternate personaility he has hidden away, along with Pirate Varian, and Spaceman Varian.
    "The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn."

Quote Originally Posted by orcshaman24 View Post
    Ninja Varian, yet another alternate personaility he has hidden away, along with Pirate Varian, and Spaceman Varian.
    "I am Varian, but I am also Lo'gosh.....and Naruto......and Jack Sparrow.....and Zap Branagan....and....
    Quote Originally Posted by The Soldier
    ...And he herded two of each animal on to a boat and he BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF EVERY SINGLE ONE. And that is why when a bunch of animals are together, its called a zoo!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Soldier
    ...Unless its a farm!

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between Nagrand and your dreams
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMorale View Post
    "I am Varian, but I am also Lo'gosh.....and Naruto......and Jack Sparrow.....and Zap Branagan....and....
    And Buzz Lightyear. He has the chin for it.
    "The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn."

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    And Buzz Lightyear. He has the chin for it.
    It's more of a Batman chin in my opinion

he is also Jay Leno by night
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

You do know that Varian is just Chuck Norris, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachroxs View Post
    You do know that Varian is just Chuck Norris, right?
    no he isnt Gamon is chuck norris. the first 5 years were just to throw us off he is now prepared to kill us all
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

And baby cowboy Varian.

Quote Originally Posted by Senbo View Post
    no he isnt Gamon is chuck norris. the first 5 years were just to throw us off he is now prepared to kill us all
    when you say all do you mean deathwing to?

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachroxs View Post
    when you say all do you mean deathwing to?
    ofc gamon round house kick > deathwings giant chin

I do believe in the book it also talks about how he was significantly less stealthy and "ninja like"(as you put it) than the group of assassins he was with(presumably rogues). To put it into perspective, technically anyone can hide and not be seen(Varian), but only true rogues(SI:7 assassins) can hide, not be seen, sneak up on an enemy and assassinate them before they even know that their killers are there. In my opinion, he really didn't change his fighting style, he did absolutely nothing until they were already in the open and the enemy was overall alerted to their presence. Will we see more "ninja" Varian? Probably not.

However, I do agree with where your point was going... that being we should have more involvement with faction leaders in quest chains. Half of the people in the US who play this game probably can't even NAME all of the faction leaders without looking them up or running to the locations(if they know them, lol).

My personal favorite is Batman Varian. He's the coolest one.

10+ Year Old Account
    and samuri jack varian

chin
    top knot
    angrey looking

Last edited by GennGreymane; 2010-11-29 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Senbo View Post
    He wasn't preparing, he was giving us a 5 year head start to try to kill him.

The new ones no, the old faction leaders yes, even then the only ones I have problems with is the council

10+ Year Old Account
    Hes also JAINA PROUDMOORE NOOOOOOO000ooo

I feel like I'm really missing something here, but I rofl'd so hard it doesn't matter.

Like it's a reference that escapes me

Also, he is Johnny Bravo