Thread: Mobile Version

10+ Year Old Account

Mobile Version

Hello fellow MMO-Champs!

Since I travel like 2 hours a day with public transport I often get bored, so I bought a BlackBerry with unlimited internet access.

Now it isn't to play WoW or something but it's handy for browsing forums. But for instance MMO-Champion takes a while to load cause
    this is a pretty big site with alot of pictures, and that is very unfortunate as I love to read the forums of MMO-Champ (brag brag).

So my suggestion is to make a mobile version of MMO-Champion. Now I must be honost, I've got absolutely no clue how to make a mobile version
    of a site nor do I know how much work it is, so please don't judge me, it's just a suggestion.

So I hope you consider my suggestion. :P

Thanks for your attention,

Sarale
    Last edited by Sarale; 2010-11-29 at 11:07 AM.
    The only thing that's better than Jack Daniels, is getting my Jack Daniels for free.

This is something that Curse would love to do, but it's been regulated to the future for the time being.

And regarding how much work it is, if you have a iPhone/Android/Symbian phone and are using Opera Mobile/Mini or a proper stock browser, it usually will look for a "mobile stylesheet" which has mobile-specific design guidelines for the browser to use. Most of the time optimizing the page for mobile use. Technically the person making this would make a whole new "theme" for MMO-Champion, which indeed isn't as easy as it looks!

Though, your suggestion has been noted!

Note: I've talked to one of the developers of MMO-Champion about this.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2010-11-29 at 06:34 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    A thread like this pops up once every so long (About once in 2 weeks).
    This has been discussed a few times, and like Marlamin said, this is something they would like to add at some point in the future.
    However, there are more important things at the moment.
    Dawwwwwww

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5 View Post
    A thread like this pops up once every so long (About once in 2 weeks).
    This has been discussed a few times, and like Marlamin said, this is something they would like to add at some point in the future.
    However, there are more important things at the moment.
    like? :O

just curious

My Iphone is able to pull up the site as is just fine (for forum text that is). I cannot look at the front page videos or pictures (models) that are posted. I can only browse the forums and news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ershiin View Post
    Oh.. My.. God..
    This is petty beyond belief.

Why dont we start complaining about how M&Ms should be color coded while we're at it?
    Or how it should be called a Burger with Cheese because Cheeseburger is misleading?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    This is something that Curse would love to do, but it's been regulated to the future for the time being.

And regarding how much work it is, if you have a iPhone/Android/Symbian phone and are using Opera Mobile/Mini or a proper stock browser, it usually will look for a "mobile stylesheet" which has mobile-specific design guidelines for the browser to use. Most of the time optimizing the page for mobile use. Technically the person making this would make a whole new "theme" for MMO-Champion, which indeed isn't as easy as it looks!

Though, your suggestion has been noted!

Note: I've talked to one of the developers of MMO-Champion about this.
    Marla's got things right here. We'd love to do it; there are other things (mostly things behind-the-scenes to make our jobs easier) that take priority.

Is there an RSS feed that only follows the front page? (AKA Boubouille posts)

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the news forum RSS feed should do it:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/external...2&forumids=252

Perfect, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks